4.0 out of 5 stars Good value
I must confess that when I first got the uke, the plywood construction, poor finish and cheap tuning pegs had me feeling a little disappointed with my purchase. However, having played it for a few weeks now, I have cheered up considerably. It may not be the most beautiful or best constructed uke in the world but it plays very nicely and it sounds lovely.
I'm not...
Published on 7 Mar 2012 by uncleken

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a Concert ukulele
Unless that's the wrong picture this is most definitely NOT a concert ukulele but it is a Soprano which is smaller than a Concert.
I'm sure the uke is fine but wrong descriptions of items lead to misled customers..and we don't want that
Published 8 months ago by B. S. Barker

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 7 Mar 2012
uncleken (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
I'm not quite sure whether by accident or design but this uke is very nicely set up [so no messing about adjusting nuts and saddles] making it very comfortable and easy to play. It sounds good too. The intonation is very good and it sounds sweet, warm and tuneful [the tuning pegs may look a little tacky but they seem to do their job perfectly well, I have had no problems with the uke going out of tune].
In fact I now use this uke most of the time and have in some ways come to regard as advantages, the things that I originally thought of as shortcomings. It is is an instrument [helped by the inclusion in the price of a decent carrying case] that you can take anywhere without worrying too much about whether it might get knocked or bumped and you can let the kids have a go without hovering nervously over them in case they scratch your precious ukulele.
I like this uke a lot. It may look a bit cheap and cheerful [which it is] but it has character and it does its job very well. If mine is anything to go by, I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for a cheap practical workhorse, a decent starter uke or a good base for some kind of home customisation project.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mahalo Concert Uke, 1 Nov 2012
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
I haven't been playing for long and I learned the basics on a soprano. I'm glad I did because the accuracy of my playing got better very quickly. When a friend said I could play his concert sized Uke, the difference in projection, volume and the ease of playing made the decision to buy one a no-brainer. To be honest, I bought this Uke because it was a package deal for the right price; you might want to try the Lanikai range too. But I have been very happy so far, it stays in tune and the action is is very forgiving to my 'newbie' fingers. Afficionados may point you in the direction of other more expensive Uke's - and they'd probably be right to do so, but I'm happy. 'Mahalo!' (Thank you)

5.0 out of 5 stars Concert Uke, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
Can`t knock it...Very good value Concert Uke, I looked about and I figured it couldn`t be beaten... delivered within 48 hours to my door! Loving playing it, so much fun :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Uke concert model, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
Very good quality of instrument.
Good sound and value for money.

Arrived within 24 hours.
Many thanks
Zelda Hill
Director of Music
Gretna Music School

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Ukulele!!, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
I've owned my now for almost a year and I play semi pro. What is really amazing about this little uke is that it really keeps in tune!! hardly need to mess with the tuning pegs once tuned up. Using it now to teach my 5 year old how to play and she's getting the hang of it. Avoid the cheaper ukes, they simply do not keep in tune. You will be happy with this one and it comes with a case !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mahalo uke, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
A fine little axe , yes it has a buzzy string but so does my tenor uke that cost about ten times the price ,just press a bit harder .O the one other thing to mention about this uke it is soprano not concert size.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent sounds, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
This made my father in law really happy, and this one in particular is easy to tune and it sounds really nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little uke for a beginner, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
I had several friends that already owned ukuleles so I tried their various instruments to see if there was a difference in the sound quality (and there was), so I chose this one as it was the best of the bunch. I think it was worth paying a little extra to get a uke that doesn't sound like a toy. The strings are nicer than others I have played and the body resonates nicely.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT a Concert ukulele, 24 Nov 2013
B. S. Barker "brendanbe" (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Making music, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case
Just what was needed for our new ukulele group, and therefore several other members ordered the same instrument from you!
Good sound, and very smart case with it, too!

Mahalo Concert Ukulele & Case