4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price.
Bought these for work as we listen to ipods all day in our studio. They are really great for the price, good quality sound and comfortable to wear. The only down-side for me was that I prefer to wear them with the foam covers on, which are very thin and one ripped as I was trying to get it on.

Still, much better than other makes for that kind of money.
Published on 29 Jun. 2011 by ThePhotoshopFairy

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not so cheerful
I used to use Sennheiser CX300 II, but I broke the cord. I was going to buy another pair, but thought I would try this model as they were only £6 as apposed to £32

Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by A. Hayden

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 29 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)

Still, much better than other makes for that kind of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Apple Headphones!, 9 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Bought these headphones about a month ago and have worked ever since.
Great sound quality and can go nearly twice as loud as standard ipod headphones
Great!
I really recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST headphones I've ever owned, 16 Feb. 2015
Mr. P. Foster (Bexleyheath) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
OF COURSE you can get other (much more expensive) headphones that are better and look nicer.

For the money, though, these are a stunning pair both in sound quality and durability. The soundstage is wide and clear, tone is extremely pleasant and they are comfortable too!

If you want some everyday headphones, I would (and did) buy four pairs of these rather than pay £30 for something that isn't four times as good and won't last anywhere near as long. Thank me later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones at a low price., 5 April 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought these headphones from a local HMV after my pair of Creative headphones fell onto the road and got run over, I expected these to be a temporary replacement till I could save up for a decent pair, however discovered I had already picked up a decent pair.

As a student my budget is tight at the best of times, however generally the more you pay with headphones the better the quality, this seems to be the exception.

Not only is the sound balanced, but it doesn't distort at high volumes, at least I haven't braved a volume high enough to hear if they do yet.
It has a wide range of response, however the low frequencies can sometimes be washed out, however most of the budget earphones I have had have this problem.
It excels in the mid and high frequencies however, for me means that even though low frequencies are washed out sometimes its not a problem to me - depending on what music you listen to, this could either be a problem or unnoticeable, however most people will not have a problem with it.

As mentioned in other reviews, and as I discovered myself the foam is hard to put on, however not impossible, they can rip however if you take your time generally they go on fine. I did my pair on a moving bus without damage so all it takes is some focus to complete it.

The cable feels cheap, I worry every time I wrap them up, that one day i'm going to break the cable inside. I guess this is how they offset the low cost - if you can look after them correctly though (not folding them up or just stuffing them in your pocket) it shouldn't be a problem.

For the price they are a brilliant pair, especially at the price I picked them up at if they suit your music style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good., 3 Jun. 2013
Alan Watts (Thornbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I bought these headphones as a replacement for the standard Apple ones you get with an iPod and they are much better in performance and comfort. I have another pair of Sennheiser earphones - CX300 II ear canal type, that I use in noisy places like planes. The performance of these is very good but as with all earphones of this type are best when you are sitting still to reduce crackling caused by moving the wires. For me the performance of the MX170 earphones is just as good as the more expensive CX300 II type for the situations I use them in, generally to listen to Rock music on the way to the shops or when I am out in the garden, I don't like either of these activities much and need distraction. These earphones have a foam pad covering each ear bud and this makes them comfortable to wear and less likely to slip as the Apple ones do when you move about. The bass performance is solid and the high notes are well defined and not harsh, so Roger Waters' bass and Jon Anderson's voice are equally good to listen to. I thoroughly recommend these earphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great value, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
Although I can't say that I have extensively sampled the budget in-ear headphone market, in my limited experience these one are strides ahead of the competition, which I have found to be tinny at best and near inaudible at worst.

Mine have lasted several years of regular usage without problem, and the removable felt covers can be washed if they get ear gunk on them, which is a great relief.

As for comfort, that will of course depend on your ears, but in my case they are much more comfortable than others I have tried, and they stay firmly in place with no fiddling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Affordable Mobile Sound, 13 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The Sennheiser MX 170 Earphones are among the best earphones I have used at any price.

They provide a much richer sound than the Sony models of around the same price. As for other brands which I consider OK - Creative and JVC - well there, there simply is no comparison.

The bass is rich but not distorted and the high frequencies don't have to compete with a lot of noise.

Sennheiser recommend using the earpads provided and they really do make a difference to the overall strength and balance of the sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, some things to look out for, 18 May 2015
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
For the price I would certainly buy these again, though obviously they aren't going to be the best in the market.
The sound overall is good, perhaps lacking slightly in the lower frequencies, but not bad, the sound doesn't distort at high volumes either.
The foam pads are easy to get on once you know how, but if you shove them in and out of your pocket (which I do to be honest), sometimes makes the pads fall off and they are very easy to lose, so I'd recommend buying some replacements which are very cheap on amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not so cheerful, 6 Feb. 2012
A. Hayden (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)

Unfortunately they dont compare. The jack connector on these is good, and the sound ok, but the ear piece is very unformfortable. These are not "in ear" headphones and do not properly fit in. There is no seal so the background noises are very loud. I can barely hear the music whilst on the tube even at high volumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black (Electronics)
I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now and these headphones are very good. If excellent quality sounds is your main interest, these headphones do the work. Clear and powerful sound, indeed. The material feels a little bit cheap, but with proper care these headphones should work for a long time. Walking while listening to the radio or some tunes is now a pleasure. The sponge pads covers are really easy to replace and provide excellent grip. Totally awesome product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›