on 22 November 2010
We liked this machine when it worked. I am updating this review because it only worked for 15 months and I recommend not buying Lenovo.

When we first bought the machine we were satisfied with it, and thought the screen was excellent. It is a touch screen which we didn't realise for a week as there was no obvious information on the website or packaging about this, and the people we contacted at Lenovo (UK and USA) were unhelpful before we made the purchase. However, the touch screen feature doesn't affect use of the mouse and keyboard. The wireless mouse only worked for 6 weeks and then we had to buy a new one. We had constant problems with the keyboard which got stuck sometimes on a letter and outputted a zillion 'sssss....' (for example). The processing speed was good, it booted up quickly, and USB ports on the side were easy enough to access. The disc drive never worked, but we didn't realise this for many months because we hardly use it.

The real problems probably started when we noticed that the fan was running alot. But the machine worked with no problems (other than those mentioned above) until it crashed just 15 months after purchase. We tried for about 2 months to identify the problem (as it would re-start and work for awhile before crashing again), and eventually it was diagnosed with a burned out graphics card. What we never realised was that every PC that is an all-in-one uses micro componentry, pretty much the same as in a laptop. The problem is that Lenovo has not resolved the problems of over-heating, and this powerful graphics card got too hot too often. Our computer fix-it-man told us that Apple has solved this problem which is why their all-in-ones do not have this issue. We have now replaced the Lenovo with a custom built PC. We were unable to salvage any parts from the lenovo because they were all hard-wired into the machine like a laptop, with the exception of the screen, which we are still able to use.

This Lenovo was a huge disappointment and big waste of money. I would never purchase one again. As a foot note, the 12 month warranty provided in the UK is really inadequate for an electrical item of this value. In europe the minimum warranty is 2 years.
on 7 August 2015
Really impressed as I have the I7 processor with 8GB ram. It has performed effortlessly and the sound quality from the JBL speakers very good. It has been working well for 2 years with no known faults. The only thing I grumble about is my stand didn't endure and it's very hard to get a replacement. I had to buy another stand. It is heavy but then again it's not designed to be carried about. Upgraded to windows 10 with no issues.
on 14 December 2010
Purchased this on 5 November, and three weeks later had to send it back because it stopped working. All I could get was a blank screen. Contact Levon, who gave me a DOA (Dead On Arrival) number and advised me to contact Amazon for a replacement computer, keyboard and mouse. I contacted Amazon who arranged for a carrier to pick it up and a replacement to be sent. When I received the replacement, it was without the keyboard and mouse. I rang Amazon and informed them of this and was told that the item had now been withdrawn and was asked to return the the replaced computer. I am still waiting for the carrier to pick it up which should be sometime today. I hope!
on 28 November 2010
I've got the Lenovo IdeaCentre A700 i3. I could not make up my mind between this and the HP TouchSmart 600-1210uk. It really came down to the looks of the pcs and i think this is a much better looking all in one pc than others. Am having problem setting up the TV, if anyone has any idea please help. Lenovo have not provided documentation and instructions for this matter. so if anyone has any idea plz help
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse