5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible, lightweight accessory
Published 20 months ago by Poetry Lover

A nice lightweight tripod for the price. Ideal for lightweight cameras,but I need to spend a little extra for a heavier ,and more
substantial tripod for my Canon camera.
Published 17 months ago by mike clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexible, lightweight accessory, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Ex-Pro TR-550A Professional Photographic Camcorder Tripod for Canon/JVC Everio/Panasonic/Sanyo/Sony Handycam (Accessory)
I invested in this inexpensive tripod as an amatuer photography. I have a couple of basic digital cameras and a Nikon DSLR, so I wanted one tripod that could be used with all my cameras. This one fit the bill perfectly - it's lightweight, appears to be tough, flexible, quick to erect and return to the included bag. It has a spirit level built in, which could prove to be useful, sturdy when in use and there are quick-release tabs on the extendable leg joints. All-in-all a good well-valued purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars spider666, 14 Dec. 2012
What a brilliant tripod! I was shocked at the quality of the product for the price I paid. It is just what I needed for my camcorder,very versatile and easy to handle

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product for a New Photographer, 1 Mar. 2013
I purchased this for my 15 year old daughter who is a very keen amateur photographer and all I can say is theis product is excellent value for money and suitable for the amateur photographer as it is compact, lightweight and easy to set up and use.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price this is a capable tripod ,but I really require something more Sturdy for my camera., 17 Nov. 2013
substantial tripod for my Canon camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not Pro..., 31 Jan. 2014
Ordered this as a gift to my local primary school, so that they could record there video's in a bit more comfort and get a more STABLE result come the Christmas plays.. very happy with what I got for the money, it's in no way a PRO tripod, but its good enough for occasional use and quite smooth for pan/tilts etc. Nice One !.

4.0 out of 5 stars great tripod! does the job., 3 Nov. 2013
Really good, steady and handy.

however this is not a tripod for heavy cameras! Dslrs are fine, but anything heavier will constantly fall down. I have been doing some filming for ITV and the cameras were heavy, so this tri-pod didn't suit well!

also its a little stiff when panning, but aside from that its really good for the price! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Triffic Tripod!, 12 April 2014
Very very pleased with this. I bought it as a Mothers Day present for myself! Can't believe the quality for £15.97 delivered! Everything about it is well thought out. Legs extend easily and lock off quickly with clips, Comes with a handle to raise the actual camera height, Pull clip to insert camera on plate which locks off well (I found it easier to keep the plate-y thing on the camera and just pull the clip to attach the camera when needed)Two spirit levels. Hook to hang a small child on for extra weight. Reasonable quality case that is roomy enough that you don't spend 10 minutes wondering how the hell you get it back in.

The only slight niggle I do have is that the panning action with the handle is not as smooth as it could be, although this could be because I'm still experimenting with the loosening mechanisms.

It's very light and easy to carry, with a handle for ease of portability and yet feels sturdy enough that it shouldn't blow over in the wind. I didn't want anything that was so cumbersome it would ruin a walk or too light that it wouldn't feel safe. It seems to be a perfect balance between portability and sturdiness. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that I would only use occasionally.

If you're a professional/keen photographer then a more expensive, heavier tripod with fluid panning action would probably be best but for someone who likes to walk, but have the facility to take a steadier shot this is perfect!

HIghly recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly misleading..., 4 Sept. 2014
Sadly the Ex-Pro TR-550A Professional ....... etc.Tripod is not what it seems, I ordered on and did send back to which the seller kindly refunded my monies. On setting it up to full 3 level height it felt weak, flimsy almost. I have a Canon 60D and the lens on it that day was a Sigma 18-50mm, a heavy lens l suppose. Weight of camera was 2.5g with lens, total weight for Tripod was estimated at 4.Kg.
I'm sorry but that is not acceptable, the Tripod would not hold the weight sufficiently and would drop. The legs are at full extension are not strong but wobble and the slightest touch, I removed the camera asap. The Seller was very good in performing a refund and listening to my complaint as the description being misleading but l don't think it has been worded any differently which is sad.
Please be aware of the Weights when ordering the Tripod and think carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice price, 24 Jun. 2014
C. Pollard "Crazyfists-Follower" (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
I don't use tripods much as I mainly take photos in high movement situations but thought I should get one 'just in case'.

This was my choice as it wasn't too expensive and seemed to have everything needed (good extension, rotating head etc)

I've used it a few times and it's done the job (especially for video recording)

SIDE NOTE - I don't understand why a replacement head attainment is two thirds the price of the over all unit. I misplaced the attachment when I took it off the camera but £10 for a new one seems a bit steep for such a cheap tripod. I've used it since by just holding the camera against the bottom, but it's not as stable as it could be

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and seems quite robust, 29 Dec. 2013
Rajen J. Shah (London, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I bought this tripod for a very specific purpose, to photograph the Northern Lights, but expect to use it for many years for other things. It is very light and very quick to set up. The piece that attaches to the camera comes off so you can put it on the camera and use the tripod as and when necessary. I just kept mine on the camera for the duration of our trip and used the tripod as needed. The hook under the tripod is great and allows you to hang something heavy to further stabilize the tripod. I was able to quickly move the camera around and switch between landscape and portrait modes by tilting the camera quickly. The best part is the price!!
Highly recommend the product.