5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected!
I originally discounted this item, figuring it was a bit expensive compared to some of the ostensibly comparable items available. However, having bought an iClever® Black Display Port DisplayPort Male to VGA Female Adapter Converter, which failed miserably, I came back and bought this instead.

The colour cast problems I had with the other item are gone -- this...
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss
I ordered 2 of these devices, one for myself, and one for a colleague's computer.

We are both using Dell Precision T5610 workstations for CAD purposes, the adapter is plugging into the Displayport socket of an nvidia Quadro K2000.

Published 4 months ago by Daniel Gleeson

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected!, 16 July 2013
This review is from: StarTech DisplayPort to VGA Video Adapter Converter (Personal Computers)

The colour cast problems I had with the other item are gone -- this displays identical colours to the primary monitor, and also copes with Windows 7 hibernation, which the iClever didn't.

This is definitely a premium sort of product -- the packaging's better, there's a QR Code with a link to the product specification, the Displayport plug is latching, so that it doesn't fall out.

All in all, it works as expected, and I can't ask for much more than that. It's more expensive than others, but worth the money for the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 13 Dec 2013
MarcolinoPT (Portimão, Portugal) - See all my reviews
Nice converter that does exactly what it says. Used it to connect my motherboard (Sabertooth Z87) to my LCD monitor. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss, 5 Dec 2013
Daniel Gleeson "DaGleese" (Ireland) - See all my reviews

I have heard of no problems with my colleague's adapter, however mine occasionally turns itself off for a second before coming back on. It does it seemingly randomly, but the screen will just go black then in a moment reappear.

It's still fine for my use, as I only use it for my emails and some other uncommon tasks that require a second display, BUT I would not reccomend this for anything that requires reliability and constant output such as a multi monitor gaming set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality - just check you need the full size version!, 25 Oct 2013
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This is a simple bit of kit, converting the Displayport to VGA, the video socket on older monitors. The gold-plated connections are good quality and the resulting picture excellent.

I've ordered another of the same make, mini-Displayport to VGA, for my laptop too. Just check you order the right size!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 17 Sep 2013
It was delivered very quickly and I now have an additional monitor working with my PC. It looks and feels like a quality product and I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars solid, 13 Sep 2013
Inexpensive, solid, no issues 6 months later. Easy plug and play with my 3 monitor set up. I just wish the cable way longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars works very well, 19 Aug 2013
gold plated connectors. high quality. nice for dell laptops.
currently I am using alienware m11x which has a hdmi and DisplayPort not a VGA
and it works perfectly for presentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it says it does, 27 July 2013
connected and ran direclty from the packet.
Would have liked the choice of a longer length butt just got away with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working well, 24 May 2013
This cable has enabled me to add a second 1920x1080 23 inch monitor to my Windows 7 computer at work. I use the monitor every day and there is no obvious loss of picture quality despite an adaptor being used. Basically does what I wanted with no obvious problems and build quality appears fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job perfectly, 16 May 2013
I now have two 19" LCD screens connector to my laptop dock giving plenty of screen space for multiple applications.

ARRAY(0xa3d1a0d8)