5.0 out of 5 stars Vita R2i
I bought the R2i after a some research into the product, great score on what hifi, pretty much all good from users comments on-line - with good reason - it's simple and elegant, with an old school, quality built feeling to it - feels like some love had gone into making it!

Published on 28 Dec. 2010 by Jon Jons

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but overrated and out of date
I bought this based largely on the gleaming reviews so thought I should write a realistic review.

The good:
It looks great and the build quality is great

The bad:
Published 11 months ago by mr Edward c Gowlett

5.0 out of 5 stars Vita R2i, 28 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Vita Audio R2i - DAB / FM clock radio with iPhone / iPod cradle - walnut (Electronics)

Sound-wise, it's clear, crisp and punchy, creating a nice sound that easily fills the room (unless you have a particularly BIG room), my only gripe would be that it feels a bit lacking in bass, although it certainly is there - I immediately tried it out with L.F.O. from LFO's Frequencies for it's speaker breaking ability, and while it didnt break the R2i, it didn't tremble the earth!

On a slight downside, the controls are a touch un-refined, and you kinda want to use the jog wheel as the main navigation, but the system insists you use the FF / RW buttons to move through the menu options, which also makes the remote a bit fiddly.

That aside, it's a beautiful thing which I heartily recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but fiddly controls, 13 Feb. 2011
This is beautiful-looking, quality hi-fi system which sounds as good as the price suggests. All my music is on an iPod, so I don't need a CD player. Minor criticisms are that the controls for changing source are a bit fiddly and that the front display doesn't show the iPod track info, only that an iPod is connected. Oddly, the controls are actually not as intuitive as the R2i's little brother, the Vita Audio R1 (MkI), which I also own (and which is equally good).

So for that, it loses a star, but for sound quality and looks, it scores top marks. If you're after a great sounding and stylish DAB radio/ iPod dock, then this is a great choice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but overrated and out of date, 11 April 2014

The good:
It looks great and the build quality is great

The bad:
I read this and thought it sounded petty but the remote really is poor, i got a better one with a £3 ipod dock! It's also annoying that you have to point it so directly for it to work, even with new batteries.
It's out of date, No wi-fi, internet radio or even bluetooth at this price is pretty shocking in this day and age .
My biggest gripe is the sound "fills the room" they say, "amazing for it's size!", no it is not. Go and try a Bose, I have kept mine because I have proper speakers in the same room and it looks pretty but please, if you fancy one go and compare it to a FAR more up to date Bose Touch or even the little Bose speaker which is about £160, there really is no comparison. And, if like me, you were also considering the Geneva radio that got great reviews on What Hifi that's even worse, just to save you the hassle. Seriously though, go to a decent shop and compare the sound for yourself. The Vita si quite sharp and crisp in sound but the bass is seriously lacking and kind of resonates when it tries too hard.

2.0 out of 5 stars Loses reception, 7 July 2014
Ben Collins (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Pretty poor results from this, I bought it replace a Pure dab radio that I owned for years and years, this one seems to loose reception randomly during the day. I then have to switch it off and on again to regain reception. The remote control is a total waste of time too. Looks good but performs poorly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug. 2014
Very nice Dab radio. Great sound and good looking. Very happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 Jun. 2013
I bought this system 2 years ago - it was excellent for a while - then suddenly the iphone socket failed and I had to get an Aux input to play music from an iphone. Then a few months later any and every CD has jumps in it - aweful - even brand new CDs. I take the CDs to my car and on friends' systems and they play perfectly. I'm moving to Bose now as I can't trust this company to provide a long term music player from multiple sources.

Very, very disappointing.