5.0 out of 5 stars "Dragon Kin" series book 3
Published on 25 Sep 2009 by Book Addict

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5*, as this book is not as great as its prequels.
As amazon.co.uk has provided a great synopsis of this book, and as other reviewers have gone into it in some detail, I'm not going to reiterate any of that.

This book, had I read it as a standalone, would have inspired me to search out its prequels, but having read the books in order, I found myself slightly disappointed, in as much as I did not once LOL like...
Published on 26 Dec 2009 by Roroblu's Mum

5.0 out of 5 stars "Dragon Kin" series book 3, 25 Sep 2009
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Gwenvael the Handsome, the aptly named golden dragon has quite the reputation as a serial womaniser, in fact he is even known as Gwenvael the Ruiner in the harsh Northlands. Yet it is to this location he heads on the bequest of a very pregnant Annwyl; she the only one to see beneath his flighty exterior to trust him to negotiate with The Beast; a Northland warrior who holds valuable information which could save her life.

Gwenvael's first meeting with The Beast is far from diplomatic. After hearing of the horrendous reputation of such a mighty warrior he cannot contain his laughter when he meets her; a small bookish woman who could hardly inspire such tales of ferocious deeds. Of course it goes from bad to worse for Gwenvael; as an insulted Beast aka Dagmar refuses to reveal the information he needs. Seduction will clearly not work on this woman so Gwenvael must hunt for her weaknesses, but instead finds in Dagmar an equal in cunning, manipulation and political intrigue. The most arrogant and sexually rampant dragon in this series so far has finally met his match, and it's a chaotic, sweet, funny and red hot courtship as Gwenvael the Defiler (as Dagmar so affectionately calls him) and The Beast fall in love.

Dagmar and Gwenvael complement each other perfectly and their verbal sparring certainly adds to a cracking, adventure packed story line. Gwenvael is initially the only person able to see behind Dagmar's sedate exterior, yet rather than warn his family and friends not to antagonise her, he instead sits back and thoroughly enjoys (as does the reader) watching Dagmar find any hidden weakness and exploit it to destroy an opponent. This woman is not a warrior like Annwyl and Talaith; the heroines from the previous 2 books, but she is just as deadly in her own quiet way.

The whole dragon family is back and waiting for Annwyl to give birth, more is learnt of Izzy (Talaith's daughter) and other dragon kin are introduced. A war is brewing, an assassination must be averted and even more Gods and Goddesses walk the earth; interacting with significant characters found throughout this series. There is action all the way, plus plenty of humour, passion, and unexpected moments which really tug at your heart, making "What a Dragon Should Know" easily my most favourite book so far in this fabulous fantasy romance series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually laughed out loud...a lot, 5 July 2010
I really enjoyed this book, I wasn't sure about buying it, as I've bought a few paranormal romances with great reviews that have turned out to be really, really bad. However this book is a lovely story and very funny, I genuinely laughed out loud serveral times. I have now ordered the other two and have set a reminder for the fourth!!!

Real value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars with thanks to the aurthor, 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: What A Dragon Should Know SUPER Edition (Kindle Edition)
I have read a few of books by this author and i have to say that most of them have been good reads, but this book was by far one of her best. I will not go in to details of the story as I personally think that ruins it for everyone else. I laughed so hard I cried with this book and for me alone that was what made it a good read I recommend this book as a totally enjoyable read all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragons, 16 Oct 2009
Old Romantic (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love G. A. Aiken's books about dragons. The characters are larger than life and very intriguing. The stories are so enjoyable, with funny times, sizzling sexy times and bloody times. I just wish the author could write quicker! I just want to know what happens next with whom. Anyone who hasn't yet read any of these books should. They are out of this world!

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST EXCELLENT, 24 Jan 2010
K. Wragg "kwragg" (uk) - See all my reviews
couldn't stop giggling at some well rather alot of passages, has to be the best book yet, towards the end tears filling my eyes over the sadness as you felt the brothers gains and losses I really hope the next book contains more about Izzy and and Eihbenear the blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 16 Jan 2010
Once again a recommendable read for everyone looking for a lighthearted, fun book. As always with this author, a good and wellwritten book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comuppance, 30 May 2014
Sheila A. Wilson (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This one had me, like Gwenvael, laughing out loud. It was really time that Gwenvael was paid back for enjoying teasing his brothers.

4.0 out of 5 stars What A Dragon Should Know, 15 May 2014
Book 3 in the series and this one is for Gwenvael the Handsome and The Beast; a Northland warrior - or so he thinks.

This book actually has more to it than just fun and sex although it is still there. Unlike the previous 2 books, Dagmar isn't a warrior or an assassin and is often underestimated (which she totally uses to her own advantage).

“You can’t leave me. I’m tortured and brooding. You need to show me how much you adore me so I can learn to love myself again.”

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great installment..., 10 May 2014
What a Dragon Should Know was another great instalment in the series - G.A. Aiken has created a great world with interesting (slightly crazy) characters. If you enjoyed the previous books, you'll love this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 19 Oct 2013
G A Aiken is a great writer, I have all her books. I have read all her books 5 times