5.0 out of 5 stars What a little cracker
Published on 28 Jan 2011 by C. Aspden

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas twin tub washing-machine
I received this machine about 3 weeks ago and have done about 10 wash loads of
1 1/2 - 2 kg with it. The results are acceptable.
Durability - I will find out just how durable it is if and when parts begin to fail.
1) The machine is compact, compared to rival, conventional machines.
2) I think it should be treated as a lightweight machine. It can be...
Published on 2 Dec 2010 by Purchaser

5.0 out of 5 stars What a little cracker, 28 Jan 2011
C. Aspden "tenorsaxman" (devon UK) - See all my reviews
We live on a boat and are currently in Portugal. Good Ideas sent the machine to us and we are very grateful. It is smaller than the old original twin tubs, but for the price, this is a proper washing machine. Your clothes will be clean and when spun they will dry quickly as the water has been whisked away. Prior to this we were hand washing which is not ideal and hand wringing the washing before hanging it up to dry. This is a real pain, especially with fleeces and large sheets. Now the spin drier does the wringing, more quickly and better than we could.
It may not be love but this little 13kg machine is fantastic. It really agitates the clothes during the wash cycle and 3.5kg is a largish load, when many of the cheaper automatics only do 6kg. With the spinner and washer on its only using 300watts, which is great if you are on the move and have a small generator. Are there any bad points, only the lightweight and pretty cheap hoses. They are fit for purpose, just, but their longevity remains to be seen. In conclusion, for the money, this is a steal. PS It also comes with wash balls for 600 washes. We might never need to buy detergent again. Well done Good Ideas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Results as good as an automatic washing machine, 17 May 2011
I am struggling for space in my studio apartment and thought this size washing machine was a godsend. I was apprehensive about the quality of the washing but am very happy once I have tried.

Yes, it is more labour consuming as you have to take the clothes out, manually fill with water, rinse, drain, spin ... but you wash them as long or as little as you feel is necessary according to how dirty they are. The tub can fit a healthy load of washing, including bedding and large beach towels. And they are almost dry after spinning.

This is a great product for someone who cannot fit an automatic washing machine in their home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just as well as a normal washing machine, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Good Ideas Portable Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine 3.5kg Cap with Spin Dryer 2kg Cap (889) Ideal for small loads, flats, caravans
I was holding off on writing a review for this washing machine until I'd owned it for at least a month or so and put it through its paces. We rent a house where the integrated washer dryer broke, landlord isn't responsible for replacing it, and we couldn't buy a normal machine because it won't fit in the kitchen. So we resorted to visiting the launderette frequently, which was expensive and tiresome. Then I found this little gem on Amazon. Read the reviews, and although it seemed to good to be true and I had my doubts, I felt like we had nothing to lose by giving it a go.

Ordered the machine which arrived fairly quickly (within a few days). Unboxed it and checked all the components and the machine itself, as some other reviewers had said their machines had looked like they had been used before / were old or second-hand. It appeared as if the machine had been tested prior to dispatch to us, as there was a few drops of water inside and in the pipe, but other than this it was clearly a brand spanking new machine with no visible defects or potential problems....and we even got some free washing machine balls with it as well. Relief!

The other reviews about the water hose pipe being really cheap and not well made are completely true - the pipe is thin plastic which looks like it would break or develop a hole very easily. Fortunately the pipe that came with our machine was intact and we are still using it with no problems (though it does have a tendency to slip off the tap if you aren't careful, so we have to hold the pipe while its attached to the tap just to be on the safe side).

The machine is easy to fill (and you don't have to use the pipe, you could just as easily use a bucket instead). You can fit a reasonable amount of washing in depending on what it is you're washing. For underwear / small clothes, you can fit quite a bit in, but for bigger / heavier things like jeans or jumpers that get particularly heavy when wet, you're best reducing the load and just washing one or two items at a time. So far I've managed to fit a king size duvet cover in it (on its own, with nothing else) which washed fine...to spin that was a little more challenging as it *just* about fit.

The wash tub agitates the washing extremely well; in fact I've not found any difference between the quality of this wash and that of a normal size machine. The maximum wash time is 15 minutes, and you can adjust the timer to however many minutes below that depending on what you want. When the wash stops you switch the dial to 'drain' and the machine empties pretty quickly, though gravity would no doubt help even more with this if you could place the machine on a higher surface to the sink or bath.

The spin function on this little twin tub came as a massive surprise. It is way more powerful than I could have expected. As with your wash load, be careful to ensure you only put small amounts in the spinner so as not to overload it. Be sure to follow the instructions in the manual for the spin function, as it does seem that if you underfill the spin tub with water or there isn't hardly anything in there then it doesn't seem to work properly and won't hit the high speed spin. But overall its quite amazing actually. I'm sure this spinner was actually better than my old washing machine, as clothes seem a lot drier when you take them out.

We've been using this machine for about two months now, and we use it about twice a week (but each time we use it we will do maybe 4 or 5 washloads one after the other). It has held up fantastically well, bearing in mind we are using it as a replacement for a normal washing machine. I was worried we would push it too much, but so far so good. It is a little labour intensive to use, but despite that I really can't fault it. Its the perfect middle-ground product to bridge the gap for holidays or at home if you don't have access to a normal machine or don't want to use a launderette.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but does what it says, 13 Sep 2010
It arrived and fitted my small space exactly - certainly better than a traditional washing machine would. At first sight, it is clean simple and plastic! Lots of plastic. Still it seems sturdy enough - at least the twin tub itself seems to be. Easily set up - you basically need a power supply and a drain outlet (either a sink or washing machine outlet) - note:the drain needs to be very close, the waste pipe ain't long. You also need to be near a tap or a washing machine feeder pipe unless you want to carry buckets of water to fill the thing up.
So, it works simply. Plonk your washing in the washer side with powder, liquid or those bally things that come with it and fill with appropriate amount of water (the rather unhelpful translated manual does not specify how much that is, so i just made sure the washing was covered)at the appropriate temperature. The capacity of the thing is quite impressive -the manual again does not specify a limit but all the sales blurb says 3kg dry - which it turns out is quite a good amount. Next, switch on, leave it on the timer and come back in 15 minutes, drain the tub by flicking the switch and transfer the washing to the spinner (which seems as though it may struggle to cope with 3kg of washing), spin and rinse in the spinner (5mins) and then transfer back into washing tub and fill with more water! Dead easy, back and forth you go.
You are left with a tub of spun dry and very clean clothing - it seems able to remove most if not all stains and the spinner is very effective. Depending on how much you want to wash, the whole process will take 30 - 60 mins requiring intervention every 15 mins or so.
Its obviously not as hands free as a fully automatic but is soooooo much easier, better and quicker than hand washing or going to the laundrette.
Good points - cheap, small, easy to use, cheap to run, washes well, spins well
Bad points - rubbish manual, the filling hose is woeful at best - it is full of holes and i have abandoned mine after one wash, i don't expect it to last forever but if it lasts a year or more then i will be happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars effective and economical, 29 Aug 2010
This easy to operate, plastic machine, which has a maximum operating temperature of 50-60 degrees, has washed both whites and colours effectively using liquid detergent, even in cold water - I have yet to use the supplied wash balls. Each load has taken about 3 minutes and has used very little electricity.
The spin dryer isn't quiet and is only big enough for one pair of trousers but it removes enough of the water to prepare for drying the clothes.
While no plumbing is required, the plastic drain hose would fit an existing kitchen outlet pipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a pleasant suprise, 21 Dec 2013
brought this little machine as basiccly couldnt afford anything else at the time. dont live in a boat or caravan, but live in a house and have connections for automatics but we will never need them again, my whites are whiter and my couloureds are brighter and come out of the spinner ready to iron so saving money on electricity, water, and washing powder and also time. this little sweetheart may be small to look at but boy does it do a brilliant job, we are extremely pleased would recommend to any small family

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little machine, 9 Jan 2014
I have used mine a few times now and it is so quick and easy to operate. The washer has a central agitator in the bottom which swishes from side to side and does a very good wash every time. The spinner is small but can still take a pair of trousers or jeans and can also spin a large bath towel or single Egyptian cotton duvet cover, not all together of course. Its very quiet compared to other twin tubs and light enough for a 61yr old to lift around.
I would say its ideal for a single person on their own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Portable Twin Tub Washing Machine (889), 29 July 2012
N. Doherty "docsoft" (UK) - See all my reviews
To start with this is all plastic which makes it light and easily portable. The total electricity consumption is 300 watts (180 watts washer and 120 watts spin dryer). There is no heater in this machine so you need to add hot water. The washer is very effective and the spinner drys the clothes better than the large machine we have at home. This is suitable for a caravan or mobile home which is where we use it. The low electricity consumption means there are no problems using in a mobile situation even in a campervan. Wash load is 3.5kg (about 8 golf/polo shirts etc) and dryer is 2kg (half load) coped with 5 large towels no problem. My wife was suitably impressed with the ease of use and results achieved which is no mean feat as she is not easily impressed.(took me years to impress her)
Would also suit a bed sit or small flat. This is not plumbed in but waste goes to the sink and washer / spinner uses hose supplied attached to tap. Hoses appear lightweight but functional. At £53.50 this was a steal as we will save this on launderette bills. We have recently retired and spend more time at our mobile home so this comes into its own.

If you have need of something like this dive in the water is not too deep. It does exactly what it says on the box - washes effectively and spin drys clothes. we had considered a spinner only to follow hand washing but this was half the price and does the job beautifully.

The company is outstanding to deal with very very very quick delivery to Northern Ireland (less than 24 hours)

I bought this on the back of the positive reviews others gave it and would totally agree with them. It was difficult to get specifications as to electricity comsumption etc but I have covered these above. There are 3 knobs on the machine these govern timer control for washer and timer for dryer. The middle control is for wash type (Gentle / Normal) and the drain function for the washer tub. It is very effective and with no leaks. The hoses are light material construction but they work faultlessly. The motors are powerful enough to clean the clothes well and dry them which is what it is designed to do. Timers go up to 15 minutes but 10 minutes was effective at cleaning and 3 minutes at drying.

Hope there is enough detail in this dont wait if this is what you require just buy it. (I am NOT on commission)

5.0 out of 5 stars AWSOME, 9 Nov 2013
I hope my review helps your decision making; it has to be a long review to cover all aspects :)

I have bought this machine for a couple of months now, and I am SO VERY IMPRESSED BY IT.
I did not want to use our communal machines as I don’t find it very hygienic; and could not put conventional washing machine in my flat because of the piping etc. So I looked around to see how I can get my laundry done without going outside! Prior to my purchase I had many reservation, naming: would it clean like normal washing machine, is it noisy, is it heavy to move about, does it do what it says, price, etc. So after weeks of deliberation and reading reviews, I decided to take the dive and purchased it.
It arrived as scheduled; it was light weight, so I carried it upstairs by myself. Opened the packaging, yes it is built of plastic (a lot of it), but this is no toy. Of course you have to be careful with the in-let & out-let pipes as they are very fragile, but fully functional. Put the machine it in a stationary location, so you would reduce the possibility of pulling/tugging (wear and tear).

Functionalities= Washer section: is large enough to wash a double bed throw (but you have to drip dry it as spin section would be too small for it), it cleans far more better than any washing machine I have had (I mean even better than major famous brands), noise wise it is quiet-ish (apart from the water noise whooshed about when washes), If like me some times you forget an item, with this machine it’s easy to just open the lid and throw in another garment whilst its washing  Spinner section: size could have been a bit larger (that would have made it just perfect), but the performance is monstrously good, the 5 minutes on the spinner it gets towels/jeans ‘almost’ dry.

Tips:
- For your precious and delicate items, you MUST use the Gentle Cycle, as the normal would be too harsh for it & could ruin it.
- You must always be present when filling with water or draining the machine as a precaution.
- I fill the washer with shower head (I find it much easier that way)
- And have hooked the drain pipe on the washing basin. I always watch over it whilst it drains, so no accidents.
- I wash and rise in the same washer side (fill- drain –fill etc.)
- And use the spinner just for spinning.
- For some items like jeans, I fold & roll them before putting them in the spinner, that way it won’t get creasy!
- If the spinner began making clunking noise, don’t worry, it could be that you either have to increase the load ‘or’ sometimes you have to de-crease the load (depends on the items), also you may only have to just re-adjust the existing load. So switch it off immediately, and adjust to see which works better for you. Practice makes perfect.

So the overall verdict is that even if I could put a normal/conventional washing machine in my flat, I would not replace this one, I might buy a just a spinner for heavy bulky items, so no more drip drying. I highly recommend this product and the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 1 May 2013
This is a REAL WASHING machine in miniature. I am so happy with my purchase. It's light to carry and the plastic is very durable. You have full control over selecting how long you want the machine to wash for, which means that it is also super for hand wash items because you can just wash them for 5 mins on a delicate wash.

Once in use the machine is quiet and does not jump around.

1- You need to fill the wash tub with water to the temperature that you require. Add wash powder, liquid or whatever as well as the clothes to be washed and set the timer to start the wash.

2- When the wash cycle has completed, set the dial to drain and the water will be pumped through the pipe. ( I have very limited space and am using my machine in the shower room so I put the hose into the shower tray )

3- Transfer the clothes to the spinner. Again set the timer.

4- Bring the clothes back to the wash compartment and this time add water only because this is for the rinse. Again set the timer and the washing will be rinsed.

5-Drain the water and then put the washing in the spinner. The clothes come out remarkably dry.

Brilliant!

This machine is extremely convenient and has saved me a lot of time and money on launderette tokens. Very happy to have made this purchase and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this product to anyone who has limited space or no plumbing facilities for a large washing machine at home.