4.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt... not the best; yet still unmissable
With Lucas and Peyton gone, there was a lot less good material for Mark Schwahn to rely on. Their relationship, as well as the relationship between Lucas and Nathan has been the heart of the show since its inception.

Published on 16 Sept. 2010 by austen_megabux

The end of season six saw the leaving of Peyton and Lucas.
Now in season 7 we see an influx of lot's of new/newish characters with interesting storylines.
Published on 3 May 2011 by Kyle Kratochvila

4.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt... not the best; yet still unmissable, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)

The series should then have relied wholeheartedly on its three remaining wonderful characters --> the duo of 'Naley' - Nathan and Haley James Scott, and their good friend, Brooke Davis.

(The return of Haley's musical career was also appreciated, although the character of Miranda was not.)

To a certain extent, it does, and I think the two main storylines of Naley (Nathan's basketball scandal and Haley's depression) mark the season for its two halves; whilst Brooke's rocked relationship with Julian and continued reliance on her mother is also well worth watching.

However, it doesn't feel like Tree Hill excepting the above three. Most of the old characters have been written out. There was no mention that I noticed of the wonderful Deb; Skills, Junk and Fergy took a backseat, I felt; Dan's storyline was very good, I have to allow.

Of the new characters, Alex is the best. She is funny and I did sympathise with her. Clay and Quinn --> perhaps, I was jealous of the fact they had replaced (in many ways) Lucas and Peyton, yet I never warmed to them with the only storyline, that of Clay's dead wife making him let go, the best.

There were dud episodes and there were dud storylines and there were times when I wondered where the brilliance of the earlier seasons (in particular, that of four and five) disappeared to. Yet, this is still "One Tree Hill" and I am thoroughly looking forward to season 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucas & Peyton Gone, However..., 14 Dec. 2011
N. Kelly "Nick" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Let me start off by saying that when you've been watching a series for a long time and followed each season to their bitter end, it is kinda hard to dislike any season that is produced; you soon become an addicted fan who can't get enough! However you do find yourself picking up on the flaws. I admit that I'm a true One Tree Hill fan and always have been and I've loved every season, however personally, since the disappearance of characters Lucas & Peyton, One Tree Hill hasn't exactly been the same. Then again both Season 7 & 8 have still been a great success. I think that true fans of the series will agree with me when I say you can't review this product if you haven't been following the series or been passionate about the series. If you're jumping into the series and watching it in no particular order then you're bound to give this season doubts and a unfair review, however watchers that have been following since day one will have greater knowledge and give it a fair review. So when reading up on reviews, just be aware of who's review you're reading.
One Tree Hill in my eyes should have ended at Season 6, but I couldn't help myself falling in love with this season. In both this season and Season 8 I believe that there is less drama going on and the producers are coming up with not stupid but not as traditional One Tree Hill story lines; its like they're on their last legs of the series but trying to fight to carry the show on. I have also picked up on the fact that the producers are trying too hard to make the season funny, however it just makes the episode look witty and unconvincing. From the first episode in Season 1, Basketball has been a big part of One Tree Hill, however one negative in this season, is that they let that aspect of the series slip away and then completely write it off in Season 8; it's not a bad thing but I was just a little disappointed to see something that has been with the series slip away. You shouldn't be put off by the fact Lucas & Peyton are gone; yeah okay, they were two of the main characters however this happens in shows such as One Tree Hill. Season has turned this around and still produced a fantastic season definitely worth watching.

Anyway, for those viewers who think of purchasing this season, be sure you have watched all the other seasons because it is definitely worth it and from just watching Season 1, you'll fall in love with the series. One Tree Hill is an excellent and personally the best drama I've come across and there is very little to be disappointed about. I know some readers won't agree with some of the points I've made but I'm just being honest from my point of view.

5.0 out of 5 stars season 7, 1 Feb. 2011
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Cannot understand the negative comments about season 7.
I own every boxset and am an avid fan, one tree hill is an obsession!!
To me this is one of-if not the best one tree hill season, yes we lost
lucas and peyton, but that is more than compensated with the arrival
of quinn and clay, alex and the return of chase! Laughter and tears,
for an awesome season, well done OTH :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great :D, 15 Sept. 2010
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I have been a fan of OTH since the beginning, and i think even though this season compared to some of the others like season 4 and 6 ,is not as good, I still think that this season is worth the watch.
I think the way they have dealt with the loss of the two main characters is great, and puts the emphasis on the acting skills of Haley and Nathan.
Also, this season brings the attention to Millicent who becomes addicted to cocaine. She played this role perfectly and I was proven wrong when i thought she was just a background character.
The only criticism i have is that Deb, Nathans mother is never mentioned as far as i know.

full of Drama and worth the watch! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Season 7.....what could have almost been, tried to fit too much into too short a time, 3 May 2011
Kyle Kratochvila (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
The end of season six saw the leaving of Peyton and Lucas.
I'd say if you were a major fan of Peyton and Lucas you might not be able to connect with this series all that well, i for one didnt have too much of a problem with it. What i did have a problem with was the under developing of some of the storylines :(. Don't get me wrong i hate really drawn out storylines but i feel that some of them were either incredibly rushed, or could've been so much more.

Of the new characters Clayton Adams and Quinn James were my favorites, without giving too much away i really felt that Clay's whole story line with Katy could have lasted abit longer and built up in tension, it seemed all it took was literally 3 conversations to confirm what was happening and then the events just unfolded rather quickly. Alex was another great character her story line with Julian was good and her change of direction and venerability became rather endearing, even though it was a sensitive topic it felt quite new and fresh.

Grubbs was a character i felt could have had altitle bit more attention and his "relationship" with the English woman, could have been further developed, i personally just found myself not really caring about this segment to be honest, although i liked seeing Chase and Mia abit more.

So overall it's a good season, maybe not so great as a "follow on" from the rest of the seasons, but you need to have seen them to understand the gravity of some of the situations for example Dan helping out Nathan with his predicament early on in the season. The dramatic bit's are very good, but i think the storylines could have been more developed instead of just throwing lot's of new things in, i don't know if this was to try and replace the huge whole that was left by Lucas and Peyton leaving but i don't think it helped. I'm not sure if due to the uncertainty of the show continuing into season 8/9 etc at the time they felt they had to sew things up rather quickly. If they were given longer some of the storylines would have been truly memorable. It just didnt feel as well developed as the previous series no matter what the content or era, but still enjoyable :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost back to its best...., 26 Jan. 2011
C. P. Whiting "G Moonwalker" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Okay lets be serious here, people have knocked this season for stories that are not "believable"...The whole show is based around a fantasy world, where most of the charactors seem to almost 'fall' into their dream jobs/lifestyles and end up with their ideal partners. This ain't no Eastenders with the likes of Heather Trott struggling to get by with her jobs in the Laundrette and Minute Mart. OTH is all about Pro Basket Ball Players, Fashion Designers, Musicians, Film Producers and not a fat or ugly person in sight - after all, this is America. Even the Bartender is a budding pilot! Lets face it, OTH is about as believable as the terrible miming we are treated to time and time again, when any kind of music is performed on the show...Yet despite all this, we still love it. I have watched the show since Season 1 and it is yet to wear thin on me, OTH is what I'd class mostly as a 'feel good' drama, which keeps viewers on their toes with the odd tragic surprise. Personally I think this season is an improvement on Seasons 5 and 6, although still not quite as good as the first 4. My main reservation with Season 7 was naturally the absense of Lucus and Peyton and yes they were sorely missed, for me the chemistry between Lucus and his younger sibling, Nathan, was probably the biggest loss to the show. However Clay and Quinn seem to step into their shoes and judging them on their own merits, both did pretty well and I'm sure the majority of the viewers did eventually warm to them. Clay was initially misunderstood to be a bit of a wide-boy, but as the story of his past unfolds, that turns out not to be the case. I don't want to say much more in case I spoil it for anyone yet to see this season. Quinn bonds well with sister Hayley and the two were a joy to watch. Other new arrivals include troubled Actorist Alex, Psychic Bartender and Musician Grubbs, Miranda, who works for the record company and male Fashion Designer, also named Alex (well Alexander if we're being formal!) We also see more of Julian's dad, as he and Julian attempt to build their bridges, while there are testing times for Millicent. Negatives are the lack of basketball featured, I would of like to have seen Nathan peforming some of those awesome plays, as well as perhaps one of the older charactors going back to coach the Tree Hill Ravens. Also the seemingly pointless involvement of Dan Scott, who has ditched his evil streak to host a bizzare TV show about "Redemption". He almost seems isolated from the main story these days. There are a couple of episodes where he comes into the fold a bit more, before eventually leaving the show for good, but to be honest the departures of Keith, Karen, Whitey and Debs over previous seasons, together with the departure of older son Lucas, has left his charactor looking a little lost in the story line. This is sad to see given that he was usually at the centre of the best story lines in earlier seasons. A cameo from Lucas and Peyton would of also been nice, but probably too much to ask! Positives were the introduction of some good new charactors and more edgy and unpredictable story lines than the in previous two seasons. I did criticise OTH for becoming a bit 'safe' or 'tame', but in my opinion, they have gone some way to pull it out of the bag, particularly with the ending. Young Jamie continues to go for strength to strength as everyone's idea of an ideal child, while Victoria (Brooke's Mother) appears to have overdosed on happy pills! Skills continues to provide the laughs and Mouth is still that all round top guy. However it is really Brooke, Julian, Nathan and Hayley who make the show. Even without Peyton and Lucas, it is still good to watch and it would appear the door has been left wide open for a Season 8...

4.0 out of 5 stars 8 years on and still worth watching, 8 Jan. 2011
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
OK, i'm an avid OTH fan but i have to admit this season has had its ups and downs. I wouldn't say its the strongest season, but thats not because of the Lucas and Peyton absence - i didn't miss them at all - i think their characters ran their course and i hope to see them back for the odd episode but the characters needed to move on. This season has had strong episodes (like the one with Clay's wife) and storylines (Haley's depression) but i think it was a season for introducing characters we didn't know and had to learn about and maybe that made it a slightly weaker season. Clay, Quinn and Alex were all good additions and i think we'll grow to like them, even love them, just takes time to develop characters.

However there are 3 reasons that make this show still unmissable and worth watching every week: Haley, Nathan and Brooke. Lucas and Peyton are no longer the focus and for once these 3 get the attention. We saw tough times for Haley and Nathan once again but its nice to see them as a stronger couple and facing things together and i think season 8 we'll see a lot more of them as a family which will be great. As for Brooke; no character has grown more than she has over the 7 seasons and all her storylines are been more realistic than the other characters - broken heart, parent troubles, business - things we can relate to and therefore we relate to her - she's the one character worth sticking around watching until the very end....even if it is just so we can see her finally getting a happy ending!

While this season may have had up and down parts, its still worth watching, especially for Haley, Nathan and Brooke and season 8....best yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars basketball drama, 17 May 2011
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
this is my favourite american soap i love it cant miss it its a love story but also good if you like basketball .there is music to wich is very good some rock love ballards country.the actors are all very glam and amazing characters .but i love it keeps me wanting to see more. has plenty of twists also wich keep you guessing.i cant wait for more one tree hill.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was a little disapointed, 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
While i still think that OTH is a great Series, i think that Season 7 is the weakest Season from all of them.

1. Although i am not a big Lucas and Peyton fan, they should have at least mentioned them a little bit. They just left.
2. I did not like Julian in this season. I found him quite interesting in Season 6 but in this season he is kind of annoying. It gets better at the end but in the beginning he wasn't one of my favorite characters.
3. Haley's family. Suddenly she has a sister and mother that she loves so much. I am sorry but both did not even attend her weeding or when she was almost dying because a car ran her over they did not show up and now we must believe that she is so close to her sister and mother.

4. I am upset, that they did not do more with Rachel. Rachel and Mouth always had a "thing" you could have made a very interesting story.

5. Dan's story also had much more potential. I really do not like how Dan has developed since season 5. He has become a pussy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Quick delievery, nice slim case design, liked the episode lists inside the case behind the cover so no worries of losing booklets.

Ordered at the right time and got it a very cheap, the series itself i don't want to go into too much as i wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen in. Plus i think its all down to opinion just because i liked it doesn't mean you will. I will say that i thought it was a very emotional series, did whell up on quite a few occasions.

Would recommend to any fans for part of the collection.

One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010]
One Tree Hill - Season 7 [DVD] [2010] by James Lafferty (DVD - 2010)