Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 16 March 2011
I was very dubious about seeing a cartoon version of Star Wars, but this series just gets better every time. I like the fact that the creators have shown that the Jedi aren't the unbeatable warriors that they may have seemed in the early days of the Star Wars phenomenon back in the 1970's. Also they have stuck to the more mature topics of the books, evolving the clone troopers from just men in armour into fleshed out characters with personalities all their own. This series is much darker than its forerunner, and the stories are just getting better all the time. I love the character of Cad Bane, and as for Aurra Singh, well, can we please see more of these characters?!?! At least in this season we are spared from appearances by Jar Jar Binks (whose death can't come too soon for me, or for many I could mention), or too much of just Annakin and Obi Wan Kenobi. However, the introduction of the Mandalorians had me bouncing up and down in my seat, as I've loved these warriors since the early hints of them in the books. Obi Wans past relationship with the Mandalorians is well handled, with hints that he also had more than just a diplomatic affair with one of them. I like the development of Asoka, as she is slowly becoming one of the strongest characters of both series. Her interaction with the other padawan is very well handled, almost tender at one point. The element of "zombie" troopers has been well done in the books, but seeing them on the screen, as well as a zombie Jedi is a real treat for me. I loved the Geonosis revisit, but most of all, the early history of young Boba Fett, seeing him as someone who at times is actually hesitant in dealing out death to his victims. This makes him much more human, and much more believable. The only episodes that I couldn't really get into were the Zillo Beast ones, as these were, to my mind, unnecessary, and far too trite for my taste. Nostalgia for old monster films is alright, but something like this doesn't really carry over too well into the Star Wars universe. The Zillo looked like something they just put in as a filler, and looked less well thought out in appearance than any other creature I've seen in a Star Wars outing. Apart from that, this is by far the best of the two series to date, mainly due to the story content, and the recent advances in cgi animation (the flame thrower troopers are excellent). I can't wait to see what happens in season 3.
on 21 February 2011
If you're from my generation who grew up with the original Star Wars Trilogy with Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, then the prequels have mixed reactions.
I got Series 1 of the Clone Wars on DVD as a gift for Christmas, and watched all four discs within a couple of weeks.
This set for Series 2 has 5 discs, 4 with the 22 episodes on, and then one of special featurettes.
The 20 minute episodes are not in any chronological order, as some episodes seem to go back to the beginning of the Clone Wars, but they are intended to fill in the gaps between Episodes II and III.
Unlike the cartoon version, which were short 10 minute episodes, these stories are aimed at an older audience. The CGI animation is very clean and clear, the voices on the whole are good mimics of the film characters, (occasionally they're voiced by the real actors, such as C-3PO by Anthony Daniels), and each episode has a clearly defined story. Some episodes are grouped together in little story lines, but my one failing of the sets is that the stories don't always follow on from each other. On the third disc for example, there are three episodes set on Mandalore (home planet of Jango Fett), followed by an episode set in the Senate, then an episode that takes us back to before the animated film of the Clone Wars, where Anakin has not even met his Padawan, Ahsoka Tano. Yet, the first episode on the disc is one with Ahsoka losing her lightsaber.
Overall, they are a good source of extra information about the actual Clone Wars, and a good filler for the stories, but I think they will only appeal to fans of the saga. However, having said that, I will be eagerly awaiting the release of Series 3 to DVD.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2010
Season 2 of Clone Wars is another enjoyable run of episodes following the events during the legendary battle between the Galactic Republic and the Separatists.

It starts off where season 1 ended with a couple of episodes involving the bounty hunter, Cad Bane. Then it gets into a 3-4 episode story arc covering a second Battle of Geonosis (it was retaken by the Separatists at some point after Attack of the Clones). Some good battle sequences are shown with things not going quite to plan for the Republic army.

In the middle of the season, we get what many have been waiting for - the legendary Mandalorians! They can certainly handle themselves against Jedi and we also learn something interesting about Obi-Wans past. I must admit I was disappointed that we didnt see a more expanded Mandalorian vs. Jedi battle but it may be being saved for the next season.

There is also a two-part story covering a monster called the Zillo beast - a homage to Godzilla movies by Clone Wars creator Dave Filoni. Look out for some brilliant action as it is unleashed on Coruscant.

There are a few filler episodes that are bit dull (esp Senate Murders) but the season ends with another good story arc centred on the young Boba Fett and his quest for revenge. Fellow bounty hunters Aurra Sing and Bossk join him in his mission.

Episode list:
19. The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
20. Death Trap
21. R2 Cone Home
22. Lethal Trackdown

I just cant get enough of this series. Looking forward to season 3.
on 17 March 2011
In this case, I can only judge the book by its content, not the packaging; the packaging is rubbish. The design is rubbish as well; I nearly broke the discs just trying to get it out - poor design indeed!

Glad I got that off my chest lol. The episodes are nothing short of masterful; brilliant!! Just like season 1, you get a little booklet filled with cool concept drawings of characters and environments.

I would have given this a 5 star rating except for 2 drawbacks (& I speak only for myself on this, not the general populous):

1) In season 1, Yoda gets involved & you @ least get to see him in action in 1 episode. No Yoda action in this season even though his picture is splattered all over the cover swinging a lightsaber.

2) The DVD case is a really poor design. Even if you posses tweezer-like fingers, the discs are hard to pull out of the case (a major annoyance, in my opinion).

Otherwise, this season is really fun to watch and enjoy. Anakin & Ahsoka really crack me up and the other characters are just as colourful in their own manner. There is even a bonus disc that explains some concepts of the episodes.

4/5 rating is pretty good considering i'm in a really cranky mood today because it's thursday & their's no sunshine outside!
on 16 November 2010
I've been a die-hard 'Star Wars' fan since 1977.

I wasn't overly enthralled with the 'Clone Wars' animated movie (although it was better than 'The Phantom Menace'), but I'd heard the TV series was much better. So I picked up season one when it was released last year. I found it to be a little juvenile, but I felt it was a return to proper 'Star Wars' and I really enjoyed it.

Season two blows series one out of the water.

The storylines are much better, the characters more rounded. These twenty-two new episodes - particularly those featuring young Boba Fett, or the bounty hunter Cad Bane - are some of the best 'Star Wars' tales I've ever come across. This is darker. Faster. More intense.

This is the real stuff. This is what the prequel movies should have been like...

... and I can't wait to see what happens in series three!
on 4 August 2012
I bought the Clone Wars Series 1 to 3 for my children as they had just started getting into Star Wars. I have really enjoyed watching the series with my boys and the quality of the writing is fantastic. The episodes are witty, sharp and not cheesy at all. Great action and funny, clever dialogues with episodes dedicated to great directors. Entertaining swashbuckling sci-fi for the whole family. I enjoyed the first three Star Wars films (the ones with Luke and Darth Vader) but was a disappointed by the more recent three. Clone Wars makes up for the disappointment. Highly recommend Clone Wars to Star Wars fans of all ages.
on 2 January 2013
I loved the DVDs. They were great. My fav is the 3rd one. The only downside is that
you can watch them also on youtube. Buy it if you want it in your library but the
price could be a bit lower for the above reason. The bonus disc is not a bonus
really. The booklet, might be. My kids did quite a few drawings from that. I also
liked the case.
on 28 September 2011
So the movie was surprisingly engaging. The first series was better than the movie and this one is better again. The Star Wars legend keeps getting back-filled by this series as more and more characters get their backgrounds expanded. There are Mandalorians and Boba Fett, all kicking off against the Jedi. Well worth a look for those who can't quite get Star Wars out of their system.
on 25 January 2011
Having bought series one I just had to splash out on series two, my kids love it, I do to. The stories are even better in this second series, can't wait for the next series to appear on DVD.
on 7 May 2013
This Series Continues The Clone Wars Story, It Is Beautiful In Blu-Ray Quality, Fantastic Effects And Keeps Me Entertained, The Bonus Documentaries Are Also Very Good And Detailed :) I'm 23 And I Love This Series!!!