5.0 out of 5 stars Music? As Clear As A Bell!, 8 Jun 2011
Neville F. Walker "Dr.Who fanatic" (Timaru, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony NWZE453G E Series 4GB Walkman MP3/Video with Clear Audio - Green (Electronics)
Before I bought this Sony Walkman, I already had six Sony MP3 players of varying vintage, however, I did not have a Green one! It's not possible to buy them here, you see. Black, Red, Blue, Pink - but not Green! So, I just had to have this product! I bought it, and had it shipped to my dear brother-in-law in the UK, who sent it on to me. It's just as awesome and easy-to-use as the other Sony Walkmans I have - it can accept photos, short movies, songs, CDs, and other MP3 files. Useful, too! In a recent earthquake here in New Zealand, the FM Radio in my Sony Walkman was the only working radio in the house! Would I buy another Sony Walkman? You bet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little player! better value than an ipod, 7 Feb 2011
Funky Phil (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this after seeing it a high street store and it struck me as terrific value when compared to the ipod.
Yes Apple have more docking station options avialable, whereas this has hardly any, but the specification for the price is fantastic. And most important the sound is terific! othr reviews claim that its not loud enough, well theres not a lot of spare volume but if you have a decent set of ear phones it sounds fine - the bass response and clarity are tremendous for such a tiny package.
It comes with white headphones,a USB cable to download files easily from your PC thru windows media player and others, and the same cable can be used to charge it so unless you use the battery a lot whilst travelling, i would not bother with a mains adaptor, as the battery life is very good.
it displays songs, albums etc on the screen the same way as the ipod does so its very user friendly.
We bought a green one which cost no more than standard black. Its also extremely light, so easily mislaid so be careful,its lighter than a mobile phone for instance. The radio is also very good, easy to use, great sound. I havent loaded any photos or video although there is space, and haven't botherd with the lyric/karaoke function so cannot comment on that.
My only criticism is at the lack of dedicated docking stations avialable but overall a terrific machine at a great price

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to PODs, 13 Jun 2011
Fl Drury - See all my reviews
reasonable price, good alternative to Ipod unless you've had a touch screen. radio pick up not grand. controls a little sensitive and sort lists pre set. As first mp3 it takes getting used to. limited dock accessories as not an ipod!! - Sony make lots of docks but few for their own product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MP3 player, 24 May 2011
Easy to use loads of features, sounds great, haven't even tried sound enhancement features yet. Some people criticise it for being quiet, they must be or will soon be deaf. Sony make lovely music gear, easy to use, the radio finds you 8 of the best FM presets automatically, very impressed and just getting to know it. Good value compared to Apples fashion value, but its a handy size to operate easily. Highly recomend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Walkman, 14 Feb 2011
Birthday present for my 7 year old daughter. She loves it and can stop using her mum's now!
Very easy to use, and good quality. We use it with Seinheiser headphones, as the ones that come with it aren't the best.
As other people have said, the volume isn't the loudest, but this is no bad thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect and compact, 6 Feb 2011
I purchased this for my 10 yr old son for christmas and he loves it. Its technical enough for his age or for anyone that isnt massively tech minded. he can store plenty of his fav music and his photos and also some fav videos. He also uses the radio now and then. Very compact so very easy to carry around and the colour is great....makes a change from the normal run of the mill black or silver. All in all very happy with this purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live Forever, 13 Feb 2011
A. S. Martin "MonkiOne" (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a crimbo present to myself and I am very impressed with its battery life. My old player I used for about an hour a day and had to charge it once a week, charged this on Jan 3rd and it lasted till Feb 10th and Im sure I've uesd it more because its new and by law you have to fiddle with new gadgets. Well built, light and easy to operate. Only thing missing is a speaker, I can't sit on a Bus and annoy 14 year old kids with The Who or the Stones and DAMN I wanted revenge !