Top critical review
32 of 34 people found this helpful
Good but frustrating flaws
on 10 February 2011
I wanted to score this higher than 3 stars but couldn't. The 2 flaws that I experienced were:
1) Album art is only displayed if it is embedded in the mp3 file. Tracks I downloaded from Amazon did have the art embedded, however, my large CD collection that I ripped using Windows Media Player did not! Took several days to sort out - very frustrating!
2) Using the player through the mp3 aux socket on my car stereo results in a completely unacceptable level of hiss :-(
To be fair, not everyone will be affected by these problems, and apart from these issues it's actually quite good:
- Sound quality is decent once you've bought a good pair of headphones (as with many players the headphones supplied are poor)
- The battery lasts about a couple of days when listening for most of the day at my desk at work.
- Navigation is easy
Couple of other things to note:
- Charging is done via USB and you can't charge and listen. (personally haven't found this a problem)
- Max volume is not very loud with the default set up, however turning on the player's 'Dynamic Normalizer' fixed this.
Hope this helps!