Pulsin Natural Whey Protein (1kg)
Size: 1 kgChange
Price:£26.39+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 8 April 2012
This whey protein powder is 90% protein and only 2% carbohydrate and 1% fat.
It does not contain aspartame, what causes headaches in some people, or any other sweeteners.

It is made using cross-flow ultrafiltration and micro filtration.
Pulsin says that they only use quality hormone free British milk, from grass fed cows.
Good for the cows and good for anyone who uses this product. Indeed, this whey protein powder is good stuff.

The product has a neutral milky taste on its own but I add pomegranate juice (100% pure with no added sugar or water) and fruits,
what makes for great tasting and adds some fiber to the smoothie.

One of the best things about this product is that it has nothing added to it: No nasty sweeteners, no flavours, no sugar,
etc. It is a very neutral product that gives you the choice of drinking it as it is or with juices, fruits, porridge etc.
It is , I would say, a personalised smoothie powder, what makes this whey protein powder stand out from the crowd of whey powders because
most of them add vitamins and other things that you might not need or want.

The blending will add foam to the drink but this is only natural as the product is practically fat free whey, what makes for more foam
and, actually, shows the good quality of this protein powder. I found out that if I add a bit of hemp protein to the whey protein then the smoothie will have much less foam.

I put about 100 grams of powder in my smoothie and drink half of it straight away but the second half I will only drink hours later, as I don't think that
my body will be able to properly absorb more than 45 grams of protein at once.

It is certainly an excellent source of protein if you lift weights, like me. Nevertheless, you don't need to be working out in order to benefit from this protein powder.
You can also use it if you live a fast life and need a good smoothie to get going, if you are on a diet etc.

PS. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't have a more complete list of nutritional contents, like
its amount of calcium, phosphorus etc.
on 1 November 2014
I purchased this whey protein with the intention of supplementing my protein intake during days of strenuous exercise. I've tried several whey proteins over the past couple of years, and this is by far the best one i've ever tried!

The protein powder is really to mix with either water or milk, and so doesn't lead to the formation of unwanted lumpy particulates, like most other protein powders do. I'm actually quite surprised at how easily this powder dissolves into solution.

The powder has no real flavour, which may sound terrible, but it's actually great as it means there's no disgusting strawberry/ chocolate/ banana taste associated with it. The knock on effect of this is that the sugar content is incredibly low; I recall it contains less sugar than that of all other whey protein products available on amazon..so one could argue it's the healthiest protein product to use! For those who like a little taste to their protein shakes, it's quite easy to add juice to taste!

I've been using the product for about three months now. I've found it particularly beneficial during and after exercise sessions including circuits, cycling, running and core strength activities... i've found it's had a positive effect on all of these activities!

So in summary, it's a top quality protein shake!
on 4 January 2013
High protein, no lactose (I'm intolerant), cruelty free and no sugar. If you expect a sugary blend of protein with lots of additives stay away from this.
on 20 January 2013
I have just finished my 1kg back. It is probably the healthiest and generally best whey I have ever had.

Key characteristics:
✓ 93% of protein
✓ low fat (1%)
✓ low calories (369 cal/100g)
✓ rich in BCAAs
✓ Organic (hormone free)
✓ no sugar
✓ no sweeteners
✓ no gluten

Dont be fooled by the many other whey products out there. You need to understand that the share of protein, fat and sugar per 100g are key to determine the quality of a product. Many products are filled with sugar and have as little as 50% of protein, often enriched with artificial sweeteners which have been linked to adverse effects in the long term (eg cancer)

The taste is good, it tastes like milk powder from the supermarket. I added 30g of it with cinnamon ground to my 200ml selfmade Kefir shake every morning and had another 30g with 200ml milk after my work out.

It solves very well with milk, water and kefir, regardless whether cold or hot.

The only suggestions I have is to offer larger quantities at a lower price.

In total, a great product!
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 22 February 2014
I always assumed that the reason most protein supplements were so full of junk was because a more raw form would taste horrible. Now I know different. 93% Protein. No added Sugar/Sweeteners/Flavorings or an embarrassing list of chemical fillers that even the most ambitious PhD qualified chemist would do well to comprehend... But it hardly tastes of anything! Why Maxi-muscle/MET-RX/etc., why?!?!

Easily mixable and versatile, very light texture, can be drank with practically anything or added to foods such as yogurts or porridge for a protein boost. 5/5. Bring on the 2kg quantities please Pulsin!
on 27 November 2011
after receiving this i found it mixed easierly,it tasted good with no lumps when shaken in a shaker,it also mixed well in porridge with a fork, i had only one issue with this product though, this was once shaken it produced alot of froth which you had to wait to settle, apart from that it was good, no bloating or wind after use.i would and have recommended this product.
on 24 July 2013
If you like no flavoured proteins then this is your buy. You can create endless variations without any unnatural rubbish. Meaning its all absolutely fab for you. Try it with a banana - wow you have a fresh smoothie shake, try desiccated coconut, vanilla and a hint of lime juice for an out of this world shake. Great product, great supplier and great price.
on 4 April 2014
I love this stuff! It has a great neutral taste, amazing with milk and fruit. I recently ran out and as a vegetarian on a fairly low carb diet (so normal protein sources out) I had to turn back to the flavoured stuff and I have to say that after a month of using this, the other stuff was disgusting, virtually undrinkable!

This is great, have already ordered two more lots so I don't run out. I have felt such a difference in my energy, stamina and general well being. I am practically bouncing off the walls with energy, a first in my life!
on 18 August 2014
The best pure Whey Protein I've found anywhere, no junk added unlike even Reflex Natural Whey.

It is frankly criminal what other manufacturers put in the 'Whey' e.g. mixes with poorer quality protein and toxic stuff like artificial sweeteners and Chromium compounds!

Much better value in a 5Kg bags direct from Pulsin for £95; equivalent to £19 for 1Kg, which is the cheapest anywhere, possibly for any quality Whey protein!
on 25 December 2013
This is a very good quality protein powder. It's free of all the synthetics and harmful chemicals yet it delivers the same results as its more popular counterparts. The powder contains 93% fast-absorptive whey protein which is absolutely tasteless so you can mix it with milk and drink by itself or eat it with cereals, porridge etc. It mixes exceptionally. I was a bit worried that I would get lumps but it actually has very good mixability.