4.0 out of 5 stars Four and a HALF stars...even better than Texas Destiny!
Published on 23 July 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING
Published on 1 Sep 2011 by L. Sims

4.0 out of 5 stars Four and a HALF stars...even better than Texas Destiny!, 23 July 1998
By A Customer
A good man who needs love and doesn't know it; a fine woman who needs freedom and love, and knows it. : ) After reading the first of the TEXAS books, I didn't much care for Dallas, the cold fish. BUT....Ms. Heath, who has an absolute talent for making my heart warm and my eyes gushy, has redeemed this ambitious, empire-builder and given her readers a story full of what we want--good people, true love, obstacles to overcome, and an ending requiring a handful of tissues.
All I can say is BUY Ms. Heath's romances! ALWAYS TO REMEMBER is high on my romance keeper shelf, as is PARTING GIFTS. I am eager to read Austin's story in the next TEXAS book. I hope Ms. Heath's editor gives her the go-ahead to write two more: the story of that sexy preacher and the story of the boy-waif in this latest novel. <fingers crossed>
Mir Schultz

3.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 1 Sep 2011
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Texas Glory (Kindle Edition)
Dallas Leigh is an empire builder, only one thing he needs to make his life complete is a son. There is just one problem there are not many women in Texas. Dallas has an ongoing problem with the McQueen family a dispute over his land which they insist is theirs, after an incident where his brother Austin has been shot by Boyd McQueen, it's time to do something about this problem, then Dallas finds out that the McQueen boys have a sister who is unmarried so Dallas does a deal he will allow them access to his water, in return for him marrying their sister Cordelia, and when she gives him the son he so desperately wants he will deed the land to the McQueen family.
This is a character driven story, and to be honest not too much happens in the first half of the book, I was a little disappointed in the second half as well because although there is more happening it was at times quite depressing. I liked the two main characters of Dallas and Cordelia, it would have been nice if they could had communicated a little more. All in all I don't mind a story having a little angst, but perhaps not quite so much. Not a satisfactory read for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, emotional, don't miss this one!, 17 April 1998
By A Customer
I hate writing reviews about books like Texas Destiny because I know I can't do them justice with my measly vocabulary. Saying it made me laugh, cry, ache and that I never wanted it to end just doesn't seem like enough.
The plot revolves around two characters who don't know how to communicate. They keep their feelings inside, and tip-toe around other. This type of storyline will normally drive me insane but because Heath gets you into the heads of her people so skillfully you don't question their insecurities and faults. I understood, sympathized, ached and got frustrated right along with them - but never at them. And at no time did I get the urge to pound them over the head with something. Heath has a way of making me instantly fall in love her characters even though (or maybe because?) they are not perfect.

One of the best things about this series is the strong sense of family and the fact that her characters grow and change but don't suddenly turn into different people from one book to another. Dallas's brothers' Austin and Houston and his loving family are a big part of this story and provide humor and poignancy to an already deeply emotional love story.

I can count on one hand the number of romances that kept me so riveted that I couldn't close my eyes until I turned the last page (coincidentally one of them is Heath's TEXAS DESTINY). I immediately fell into this story and about 's of the way in I was sobbing like a fool. I still remember the characters names a day later without notes (an amazing feat for my feeble brain, believe me) and their lives and personalities still linger in my mind. I wrapped up the book about 12:00 am last night and today I'm dead tired but it was worth it! I easily give this book my highest rating, it touched me deeply and is one of those rare books that I'm forever searching for and seldom find.

Texas Glory