Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Size: 4U Regular GCEA|Change

on 26 February 2012
Wow!! I bought these strings on recommendation. I only needed spares, really, just in case a string broke, so I just put them in my uke case. When the strings I already had (the originals from new) started to sound dull and needed frequent re-tuning, I decided to bite the bullet and change them for the Aquila ones. It was the first time I'd actually changed the strings, so was naturally a bit nervous! However, I changed them one at a time, following the instructions - dead easy, as the strings were colour-coded. I was really pleased with myself, and now they have settled in I hardly ever have to tune them. And the best bit is that my uke sounds so much better. You wouldn't think a change of strings would make so much difference - but it does! I bought a cheap beginner's ukulele on which to learn, intending to buy a better one if it all worked out OK, but having changed the strings I'm certainly not changing it - it sounds brilliant and I love it! I only wish I had changed the strings sooner, but I never believed it would make that much difference. I wholeheartedly, 100%, recommend these strings - they're brilliant!

Oh yes ..... and the delivery was very prompt!

All in all, I'm a very happy bunny!
on 3 November 2010
My wife bought me a cheap ukulele for my Birthday. Once I'd learned to play it a bit I realised I couldn't make it sound any better due the the terrible cheap strings. I did some reading and the Aquila Nylgut were always highly recommended.

The improvement in sound quality was amazing, even on my cheap Ashton uke. The strings were colour-coded with instructions and easy to fit (even for a first timer like me) They stay in tune and are much softer to the touch than nylon strings.

When I finally decided to purchase a better ukulele, I'll make sure it's fitted with some of these.
on 30 March 2011
Bought these to replace the standard nylon ones that came with the uke. My uke is a mahogany Blue moon, cost around £50, so I wasn't expecting a massive improvement - what a revelation! Beautiful tone, resonance, it really does sound like I have bought a new uke. If you are unhappy with the sound of your uke and don't want to fork out for a new (better) one yet, it's definitely worth buying a set of these. You may not bother with that new uke after all...
on 16 August 2011
these are first rate strings which have improved the tone of my very moderately priced ukelele no end. I have a banjo/ukelele whioh I am now considering fitt
ing with these particular strings. My only query is regarding the thickness of the strings as the ones on my banjo/uke (japanese make) are very thin. The only criticism I would make, and this is very unfair as I have not informed the company, is that the "C" string is quite short and only turns around the tuning peg three times whereas the other three strings are of ample length.

Overall impression are that these are extremely good strings and well worth the money.
on 17 January 2012
Just put these strings on my £15 Gloss Black Mahalo ukulele, thought it sounded good before, well now sound like a Ukulele worth £30-£40. Sharper notes and sustains notes better. Have used them before on my £100 Mahalo Koa, made a bit of difference, but WOW has transformed my little "Black". BUY THEM!!!!
on 3 March 2011
I decided to take others advice and change the strings on my new Ukulele with these. It was not a job I had done before, but I made it after a few mistakes. The sound of my MAHALO Ukulele, bought from Amazon, is much improved. The strings soon bedded in and I am enjoying my playing much more. A good buy!
on 28 January 2012
bought these strings for my cheap uku £20.00 and it made a big improvememt. i'll still get a better uku but untill i can play better these string make the differance. the strings are softer on your fingers and give a better sound
on 26 December 2010
These strings made a huge difference to sound quality and volume. Well worth buying. Great price. Speedy despatch. Thank you.
on 14 March 2011
They are simple enough to put on yourself, and they give the Uke a lovely tone :)
Well worth the money.
on 9 February 2010
I've been playing the uke for a few years now, and I've just got myself a nicer instrument Ashbury AU-34S Soprano Uke. I wasn't sure whether the cost was justified to begin with, but once fitted with these strings, the uke has a really strong, sweet, ringing sound and I'm playing now more than ever! I bought them on a recommendation, and now I'm recommending them to every uke player I know... I haven't tried traditional gut strings myself, but I know a couple of serious players who have, and they now swear by Aquila too!

Apparently, these strings give the sound of gut strings, without the hassle of constantly changing and tuning that real gut involves. I don't know about that to be honest, but these are really nice strings! I'm not going back, and my ashbury concert uke Ashbury AU-60 Concert Ukulele (Ukelele) is next in line for an upgrade.