Here are 19 sea shanties performed by Kimber's Men who were featured on BBC4 a while ago. The running time is approx 63 minutes. You will hear nautical ballads and modern songs too. A refreshing hour or so from a style of music that is centuries old and yet still enjoyed by many.
on 1 August 2012
Quite simply,a CD that demands your listening and one that grabs your attention, draws you in, so that each track provides greater pleasure. They're a great group and sea shanties deserve to become part of our listening experience again. A definite 'must buy, must have !'
on 17 April 2012
Nice cd that has many very nice sea shanty songs. This cd is well worth buying and it is very well priced.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 August 2012
I've heard Kimbers Men on various occasions at Folk Festivals, and I always stop to listen and sing along with them. To be fair, I am not a shanty officianado and only have a casual interest in this sort of music. However, when I saw this album, containing 19 tracks, on sale for £3.74, it was a bargain too good to miss, with each track at around 20p! Also, some of the tracks are shanty classics, such as "John Cherokee", "The Alabama", "Johnny Come Down to Hilo" and "Leave Her Johnny Leave Her", songs which were sadly missing from my music collection.

Whilst most of this album brings to mind late night sessions in the festival beer tent, which is what I expected, the mix is lifted by the inclusion of one or two rather special tracks such as "God Moves On The Water", a gospel/blues song about the sinking of the Titanic that I knew from the singing of Blind Willie Johnson, but performed here in a more classic gospel style. All in all this is a well performed selection of shanties and sea songs, and well worth the money.
on 17 May 2016
Good, solid and gutsy live performance of a range of shanties and sea songs, including more modern compositions alongside hard core traditional ones. The sleeve notes give a little bit of info about each song.
on 9 June 2016
Just the music for lovers of sea shanties - very like Fishermen's Friends if you like their music.
on 16 May 2013
Wonderful singing of traditional sea songs by down to Earth men who know and love the sea and old sailing ships as well as more modern themes. Great listening.
on 1 October 2015
Fantastic we bought this after meeting Neil Kimber whilst on Holiday in Greece where we met him and his lovely wife Ros. We had my 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend with us when we saw Neil singing in a Taverna just sat on a stool playing the guitar and singing . We all enjoyed him so much we tracked this down and bought and I can recommend it to everybody and for us such happy memories 5* Star Fella!!!
on 11 October 2013
I was a little disappointed with this album. Kimbers Men are very good when listened to in the pub but didn't transfer to CD. Disappointing.
on 4 January 2013
Another christmas present request for my daughter Zoe, having met 2 of these great guys from Kimber's Men whilst on a recent Tall Ships Sea Shanty voyage around the South West of the UK. They introduced her to this style of music which she thoroughly enjoys and is now an avid fan. Thanks Guys