TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 March 2012
I've just tried this shirt out in India and it did the job. First thing to mention is the quality which is top notch, good solid stitching all over (including the buttons). Secondly I found it very comfortable, it is light and nice to wear. It has a zip down the front which opens to produce a vent to the body. To be honest I thought this was just a gimmick but I have to say I did use it; it comes in very useful when in a hot climate as it allows for an increase in air to the body. I also liked the fact that you could hand wash the shirt and it dried really quickly and unless you are one of these people that has to have their shirts in a perfectly ironed condition it's ok to wear straight away. It's perfect for the evenings when you want long-sleeved but something cool and light, Good pockets, folds up easily to a short sleeved (has buttons for this but I didn't need them as folded sleeves stayed up on their own), and is a good alrounder. Can't really comment on the anti-mosquito thing as it's always hard to judge anything like that but nice to think that it may be helping. Don't buy it because of the anti-mosquito thing but buy it for all the other details that I have mentioned. You shouldn't have to pay the full retail price either as price reductions are easy to find, although the original retail price was a fair price to pay for this quality item.
on 20 June 2014
The shirt fits, looks great (think military safari), is very light and can be easily compacted yet still be wearable when you need it. There are vents along the hem across the back, also a hidden pocket in the front left chest panel (not a vent as some have suggested). I'm not sure if there was a problem with some of the products reviewed, but the buttons easily fit into the holes. The front buttons are threaded along a ribbon (nice touch) so that they cannot easily fall off.

Why not 5 stars? The sleeves. I have long arms, the shirt is long enough, however because the material is a lightweight synthetic (mix) it is difficult to keep rolled up - they have kindly addressed this by including (I'm not sure their correct name) ribbons on the inside of the sleeves, which connect with buttons on the outer of the sleeve... however the sleeves simply slip out of the sides and then cause me irritation (first world problems). Saying that, I bought a shirt for a third of the price, but it weighs much more and is a clammy polyester blend...

+ The shirt is lightweight, it may be funny to see other people wearing it, thinking there is a vent on the front
- Whilst trekking, the last thing I want to do is be rolling / unrolling / rerolling my sleeves (I could have bought the short sleeve version, but I like sleeves).

EDIT: Thailand and Louisiana, USA - I've taken this shirt to both places, I usually get eaten, however since wearing the shirt, something unusual has happened... I now am mostly bite free... except for my face... top tip, if they ever make a hat out of this stuff, buy that, or you may end up with eyelid bites... never before had them, never want them again.
on 21 March 2012
An excellent shirt for the safari trip which I have recently made to South Africa. Not cheap , but excellent quality and very comfortable. I would definitely buy another one.
on 8 September 2014
I used these as my only shirts on a 12 day safari in Kenya. They are very rugged, incredibly practical, with pockets everywhere you might need, and dead easy to wash - drying very quickly. The ones I used in Kenya were river-washed and came back looking like the new ones. Roll down the sleeves and button up the collar and you have substantial anti-mosquito treatment as well as surprising warmth. Unbutton a few chest buttons and roll up the sleeves and you have a very comfortable and functional short-sleeved shirt. Superb.
on 3 August 2011
Bought this shirt on a whim as I have a couple of different Craghoppers shirts that I like. Excellent shirt when the going gets tough, plenty of pocket space - I like the big zip-down pocket, well vented to keep you cool. Dries quickly and needs little, if any, ironing. The only downside is the ridge across the back, it takes a bit of getting used to.

Needless to say I bought another!
on 22 June 2014
I got these for a trip to the lake district (England) where tourists are just a walking buffet for midges.
I wore one of these shirts most of the time and with insect repellant on exposed skin I came away with very few nibbles.
Also comfy and nice to wear. My iPhone just fits in the breast pocket and there are other pockets too.
Would recommend.
on 12 July 2014
These shirts are the best, I work all over the world in the most hideous heat and humidity. They are well made, light, not too stinky considering how much i sweat and they dry super quick. Weapon of choice...there is nothing else comparable.
on 17 January 2012
I took advantage of an offer to get this at a very good price. I wanted a lightweight practical shirt for more adventurous trips abroad this year. The quality is fine and having seen this one I may well get another. The features have been well worked out and I like details like the drying loops. I expect it to wash (and dry) easily. I have several pairs Craghopper trousers and this shirt lives up to the standard that I have come to expect of the brand.
on 23 June 2015
I lead a life that involves a lot of over seas travel, with all the associated bugs and weather. I was a little worried about sizes, the extra large fits me perfectly. I like them so much I went and bought another 3 after the 1st buy, and some trousers. the kit is very well made, and is very very nice quality 5*, I would/will rebuy at any time. I also have to say the black pepper I think looks a very smart shirt for RR
on 28 May 2015
I bought two of these shirts both XL: one in parchment and one in dark khaki from the same vendor. I am only giving two starts because for identical shirts in two different colours, the dark khaki is not an XL. It is at least one size smaller than the parchment XL shirt. Either I was unlucky and this was a factory error, where XL labels were put on an L size shirt, OR this is a big quality issue from the manufacturers. I am delighted with the Parchment shirt, but not having the same size in the dark khaki despite its XL labelling is a huge hassle for me as I have to return it and hopefully exchange it with the vendor. Far from ideal when I will be soon heading on Safari, for which these shirts were intended. See photos: both shirts are labelled XL. The dark khaki shirt is shorter in length, in overall cut, in sleeve length, under the arms etc etc.