4.0 out of 5 stars cheap gps mobile.
Published on 5 Sept. 2010 by S. ULLYATT

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable!
This is a neat phone but was returned to Nokia immediately due to short battery charge life - about 48 hours with light use. It is better now but the radio has stopped working. Wouldn't buy another.
Published on 29 Nov. 2011 by E. Lister

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap gps mobile., 5 Sept. 2010
S. ULLYATT - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia 2710 Navigation Edition Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (Electronics)
I've had this phone for about a week now and have tried most functions. This phone is ideal for those wishing to buy a phone and a gps (satnav) system. This may sound obvious but it's never that simple. There are quite a few phones for less money that boast gps, but sadly all are only a-gps and therefore rely on connecting (gprs) to the phone mast for assistance as to location. This isn't a problem if you have a contract with data included.If you are PAYG then this will cost £ - how much will depend on how far you travel and the detail of mapping downloaded as well. If you are abroad then this will cost ££ even if on a contract. If like me you are a light user and can't justify a contract then this is the best solution. Having a built in gps receiver and turn by turn voice navigation works well. In the "on-foot" mode it loses the voice navigation but with a built in compass gives you pointer information to the destination - sadly this cannot be input by lat long co-ordinates. Maps are pre-loaded for the area you are in ie UK. Other maps for the rest of the world can be downloaded from the internet (OVI) for free for life on to the supplied 2gb memory card, it also comes with a mobile holder for fixing to your windscreen and in car charger. It's unlocked to any network (except 3). Camera 2mp is ok as is radio and mp3 player. This is also a good solution for motorcyclists not wishing to spend a fortune on a motorcycle gps system which are around £300. if you go to nokia shop online via quidco it's only £83 after cashback 18%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi Functionality that actually works, 29 Sept. 2010
Lord Christopher Isherwood (Thornbury, Nr Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
I have an Ipod touch, very handy but no radio or GPS, I once had a Satnav but it kept failing and I returned it. I bought a cheap mobile phone with radio built in but volume was so low it was useless.
SO I took a chance and bought this one and my goodness what a pleasant surprise, it all works as it says on the box. The radio can blast your ears off and receive all the stations I need, the MP3 player is fantastic and has Graphic equaliser, the GPS system works so well it actually showed my house number and then changed to next door's when I moved closer to the boundary fence. The camera is acceptable but then I didn't buy it to use as a camera, the Video function is only useful to send short clips over the network. The first thing I did was replace the card for storage, it comes with a 2 GB card but that's not enough. Free maps updates for life can't be bad. The general gripe shared by many is the size of the screen, very small and hard to read if using the "walk" mode with the GPS as there is no vocal guidance in "Walk" mode only pictures. The volume of the "English speaking man" (makes a change from American woman) on the GPS could be louder, if you have a noisy car you have to listen carefully. The built in speaker is surprisingly loud enough to hear music and good quality, earphones supplied have a Mic built in, the input socket can accept any brand you wish to use. Battery life is exceptional and apart from the few "niggles" this is a superb piece of kit for the money, just look at all you are getting in one slim device.
One more positive thing, it is sim free which means you choose which network you wish to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap mobile with sat nav, 13 Aug. 2010
I bought this last week (Aug 2010) and I live in the UK.

I really like it,it's pretty similar to my old phone but I wanted sat nav as well, so this phone is perfect for me. I specifically didn't want a touch screen or smart phone. I have used the sat nav feature and it works perfectly. Really really pleased I got it, not super fast nor really slow, pretty much the same as a normal sat nav would be.
I nearly didn't buy it however because I had trouble finding any information about it as well as reviews, good or bad. Thats why I've put one on here for anyone that might be interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 3 Sept. 2010
Needed a replacement for my old 5140. A phone that just does the basic things but does them well. also well enough built to take some punishment. This is it. Totally. (Don't want to do it down, it might do non-basic stuff as well but I'm personally not interested so I can't judge)

Navigation through the menus is so sensible it's almost a pleasure.

Well designed, well built. Go for it, I'd say.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic phone, 6 Sept. 2010
Phil (alton. hants, uk) - See all my reviews
needed a phone to replace my sony ericsson 810i,and was very pleasently suprised it does everything and more than the sony,brilliant with the added bonus of sat nav and it really works fantastic, very impressed.the only downside is the picture quality which is reasonable but not as good as the sony everything else is the same .excellent little phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars how big are your fingers?, 21 April 2011
S. WOODRUFF "alright" (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
Importantly the keyboard is very very small, and I find it very hard to type text messages and often send a message by mistake part-way through typing. But I have clumsy fingers. I would not have bought this phone if I'd known, so try similar models first.
The phone has clear reception.
The GPS is very slow to start up - I'd expected to whip it out when lost in a back street and find my way in a trice. No, you have to stand still and be very very patient, even if using the assist feature (which downloads data, so not a good idea abroad, but its switchable) On the plus side you can pre-download all the maps you need for free, and it will let you search for an address and display the map. The maps are street maps - no contour lines for country travel.
Navigation, built-in, issues turn-by-turn instructions. I used it in Glasgow and ended up in a blind alley, in Canada and took a 2km detour for a 1km journey.
The radio is surprisingly good, as is the MP3 player. The included headset and car charger are worth while, though the dash-mounter for using it to navigate, see above,is not going to be used unless I'm really desperate.

5.0 out of 5 stars nokia 2710 cell phone, 4 Oct. 2010
Mr. Jacobs (Durham. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The item itself is first class.Best cell phone I have had. The seller was excellent.Fast and efficient with good communications.5*.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable!, 29 Nov. 2011