5.0 out of 5 stars what could possibly be better than this? Brilliant
I bought this 16 Port switch to connect up my growing connected home, which was previously lashed together with two basic 4 port 10/100 mbps switches.

I have connected up a BT Home Hub v3 (also acts as a WiFi access point), Microsoft Windows Media Centre, Xbox360, Freesat Box with BBC iPlayer, Five additional Ethernet ports in other rooms, and a second Wifi...
Published on 16 Dec 2011 by Freewheeling

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not hold connection to BT Hub
I have been building networks from their inception - at first with coax in the early 80s - this TP-Link box would not hold 100Mbs connection to BT Hub - it was a direct replacement for a 3Com 12 port gigabit switch that worked fine in the same place but was short on ports! I must say I've found TPLink switches OK in the past although I had one fail after 3 years last...
Published 23 months ago by K. McLuckie

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid unit, good value, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: TP-Link TL-SG1016D 16-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (Personal Computers)
Unit I received was a TL-SG1016D with rackmount brackets. This feels a quality unit. I'm currently using 12 of the 16 ports and the casing feels warm but not hot, I can't find any data on it's power consumption. My previous switch a Netgear GS116 you could fry an egg on and was on it's 2nd PSU. Hope it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch, 14 Jan 2013
Colin J. Cummings (Saint Luica) - See all my reviews
Ease of setting up would give this product a 5 star rating. It was plug and go from the beginning with no configuration required. I would advise that anyone setting up a SOHO use this for their networking requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Switch - does what it says on the box., 11 Dec 2012
Very nice unit well made and performance is good. My internet router onr 1000Mbps port and the other three are 100Mbps; this has improved the performance of FTP to virtual server and downloading generally across the whole network. Not had any issues to date

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple connectivity, 9 Dec 2012
bnq (North West UK) - See all my reviews
Needed this for two reasons - 1st the number of devices needing connection to the house LAN seems to be going up daily and secondly our old hub was 10-base (no wonder my game-playing progeny were complaining!). This is a sturdy piece of kit that works straight out of the box and addressed all my family's needs for fast wired connections.
The mains supply cable could have been a bit longer but that's a minor gripe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 16 Nov 2012
I've owned many Netgear and D-Link routers, dongles and other network items in the past and found them to be unreliable. Then I happened to get a TP-Link wireless network card with a new computer and I was immensely impressed at how much better it was (stronger wireless signal, 99.9% uptime) than the big name brands.

When it came to wiring my new home I figured I would give TP-Link a go when choosing my switches. I bought this 16 port model and also an 8 port model. I've not yet unpacked the 8 port model but have been using the 16 port model for a few days.

Both are well built in metal casing, extremely sturdy with the kettle type plug mentioned by others. The 16 port model is about 12" across but it comes with brackets that allow you to put it into a rack. The LED lights are clear and obvious. I've implemented into a home made rack /shelf system in the eaves of my house where it stays nice and cool (PHOTO uploaded).

The thing that surprised me the most was how quiet they are - virtually no noise at all. I could happily have it in my bedroom and sleep the night through (I stir to the slightest sound).

After just a few days usage, I'm once again impressed with TP-Link. Fingers crossed it lasts many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gigabit Switch Review, 7 Sep 2012
This switch is of Excellent quality very easy to set up and was dispatched very quickly. It is a low cost quality switch ideal for a small office

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works!, 6 Aug 2012
What more can I say, fast, solid, and just works out the box. All this at a great price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid switch, 19 July 2012
Got this switch for my new wired network at home. Only switch of this type I've used but so far does a great job quick transfer rates between my devices (all gigabit +), was literally plug and play no problems no issues at all with setup. liked that there is no power box to make room for, cables just plugs straight into the switch
Box itself is solid and professional looking

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, fast.., 25 May 2012
I bought this to replace yet another piece of failed Netgear hardware. (I've lost could of how many routers I've thrown away when they become unstable).

The switch is solidly made, looks more expensive than it is and generally seems very good.

Time will tell on reliability but looks good so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 17 May 2012
Surrey James (Southern England) - See all my reviews
An excellent product - works straight from the box. Solid metal case, internal PSU, hence no 'wall wart', and rack-mountings included. I have rack mounted it in my loft which is a convenient point for concentrating the wired connections to the various rooms in my house and hence onto various computers, televisions, blu-ray players and Sonos systems around my home. I've linked it to my 8 port desktop switch in my office upstairs and can achieve indicated gigabit speeds around the house.

Can't comment on reliabilty at this stage as it's brand new but looks solidly built.

(Wireless connectivity in my house is a bit patchy to say the least since the house has solid internal walls. I have used ethernet through the mains adaptors which work well but are currently limited as to throughput)