on 31 December 2010
I have had to fix a few of these PC slimline computers with these specs from faulty hard drive to graphics card failure. The thing is Hp use a graphics card strictly produced for their computer which use less power for the AC transformer these are normally labelled SE (special edition) Replacing this is difficult because if the card fails finding a similar low power card can be difficult.(Some cards may say they need a minimum of say for example 450 volts, but may actually still work on a lower voltage on a slimline).

Also fixing and removing drives is difficult due to everything been crammed too close together in a slimline. I have also a Dell Xps which has similar problems taking out the hard drive and changing components is a fiddly affair. If you are not careful and a beginner you may accidently disconnect or miss a connection when changing components.

I find Hp use cheap components in their low end models and the graphics card overheat or hard drive fails due to a lack of ventilation. Sometimes the card just goes on these Nvidia SE graphics card. I had to replace one on my mums machine not long ago.
If you can help it do not buy a Slimline and buy a mid size tower. To make it easier on yourself to upgrade components and to extend your desktops life.
on 15 September 2010
delivered very quickly. Straight out of the box and up and running within 10 minutes. Massive improvement on my 5year old pc. Windows 7 running smoothly and an easy change from XP. No problems with hardware or software. My 9year old finds it easy to use W7 proving any one can do it. Highly recommended PC for general use.
on 29 December 2010
Although my initial experience with teh slimline was good, after a year the fan started to work overtime more and more, then eventually after 15 months (3 months after the warranty had expired) the hard drive gave up and its now useless, the worst thing is its an interemittant fault and it will boot up about once every 20 attemts. I called HP who said it will cost £195 for them to even look at it. Spoke to PC world where I bought it and they wated to charge me £230 :(

My advice: dont by slimline, they fill the case fuill of bits you will never need (HP Media bay? cmon!) which means the componants have much less room in the case, they have chosen shoddy and terrible componants anyway, the only decent thing in there is the gra[hics card to be honest
on 1 November 2010
Very good performance, easy to set up and use, very quiet. Yes my old PC was slow and noisy.