5.0 out of 5 stars Class claw clippers!
These claw clippers are class. My cats, unfortunately, are house cats. Living where I do there's no other option. And because I provide plenty of scratching posts and climbing trees for them to sharpen their claws on, combined with the fact they're don't get naturally worn down as much as if they spent time outside, their claws get razor sharp.

My cats don't...
Published on 23 Mar 2011 by The Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars Only vets do it properly
Seems a lavish expense to go to the vet for cat grooming purposes, but doing it myself proves a challenge every time. If I have someone else holding my cat these clippers are reasonably good for the job, but no better than using a good ordinary nail clipper
Published 15 months ago by stevem

5.0 out of 5 stars Class claw clippers!, 23 Mar 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

My cats don't use their claws to catch birds or mice but to ruin furniture, scratch wallpaper, and coax me awake. And being a responsible owner I had to find a way to keep their claws under control - not for the sake of me and my house, but because left unchecked long claws can cause serious problems for kitty.

After much deliberation I went for these. I wanted something that looked quick and easy to use, that would do the job with minimum fuss, thus putting my cats and myself through as little stress as possible. That's exactly what I got.

These clippers are razor sharp and cut the nail cleanly, quickly and easily in one snip. The fact that the blades open completely and aren't of the cigar cutter or guillotine variety (like a pair of scissors, as opposed to ones that you have to thread the claw through a hole), means you can work quickly and cleanly.

The handles are nicely shaped and fit comfortably in your hand with their rubber grip. There's a little `finger rest' provided too (a bit like on hairdressing scissors) and I'm not really sure why it's provided but it doesn't hinder the design in any way.

The clippers are strong, robust and well made and seem like they'll remain sharp for a long time. I've had mine for over a year now and use them regularly on two cats, and they still cut like a dream.

If you need a pair of clippers for you cat, these are highly recommended. I haven't used any others, but I am very happy with them and my cats don't mind (too much) when I use them. Just don't cut too high up the nail, or you'll catch the `quick' and end up hurting them.

Don't worry - that's never happened to me or mine (because the open scissor style blade means you can see where you're cutting) but that's what the vet told me. It's advisable to get your vet to demonstrate how it should be done first time around - then, with a pair of these, you should be good to go when your cat's claws needs clipping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mikki grooming clippers, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper (Misc.)
I found these clippers much easier to use to use than the previous ones I had tried. The shape of the handle is excellent and the soft grip makes them very comphortable. Having the guard to prevent cutting dark claws to short meant that I felt much more confident doing this job at home. Over all I am very pleased with these clippers and would recommend them to friends or family.

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY dont pay vets for this, 28 Nov 2010
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper (Misc.)
this is a good clipper but being my first i cant compare to any others. i have a 6 year old rottweiler ant these are good enough for her claws. these don't come with instructions so i can tell you from trial and one error don't cut across the nail trying to do it in one cut. cut bits off at a time following the grain at a diagonal angle so you don't crack the nail. also don't trust the metal stopper on them either just go until the claws are not scratching the floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars dog nail clipper, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper (Misc.)
a good strong clipper that i am using on my two greyhounds long nails. Sharp and easy to use, am very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning to users, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper (Misc.)
No complaints with the product. I think they do what they say, but a word of caution for the inexperienced user (like me).
Despite there being a guard on there, it is VERY easy to clip off too much nail, and cause pain and bleeding to your dog. I made this very unfortunate mistake, and it meant a lot of discomfort to my dog, and a trip to the vets and expense for me. The instructions assume a level of knowledge that I didn't have.

Not a criticism of the product. They're sharp, and cut cleanly and easily. Just a warning to anyone wanting to do the right thing by their dog without the right level of knowledge !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Class claw clippers!, 23 Mar 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

These clippers are razor sharp and cut the nail cleanly, quickly and easily in one snip. The fact that the blades open completely and aren't of the cigar cutter variety (like a pair of scissors, as opposed to ones that you have to thread the claw through a hole), means you can work quickly and cleanly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper (Misc.)
First off this is the first time I have ever cut my Greyhounds claws. I bought a pair of clippers to cut his claws with and the clippers broke without cutting anything. So I ordered these yesterday (8/8), after reading some of the reviews, and was pleased when they arrived this morning (9/8).

I admit, I didn't read the instructions, but I used to cut my Canary's claws all the time and so used the same principle, cut small bits off at a time. My dogs claws are black so it is quite difficult to see the quick as well so it took a lot of guesswork. What I will say is these clippers are great. They are sharp, they cut quickly and are easy to use. Read the instructions if you are a novice, if you are unsure there are plenty of videos out there on the internet that will show you what to do. Don't waste your money on anything else, these are the only clippers you will need.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally one easy to use, 7 April 2012
After having spent quite a lot in clippers this mikki grooming clipper came as the solution to what someone could ask for taking good care of his liitle pet.
Very good edges, easy to use and precise.
Definitely a very good choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and very helpful., 26 May 2011
Firstly just so you know I don't rate a lot on Amazon or anywhere else on the internet but I was determined to rate this item.
My cat is a house cat aswell and her claws grow quickly and get stuck in fabrics and other things. I have little money being a student so I came across these clippers here for little price and worked very well. They didn't hurt the cat and were precise. Now she walks around a lot more confident and I can pick her up without her clawing my arms by accident. :D Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Use a bit of pressure and it works great, 10 Jan 2013
R Beeching (The Earth) - See all my reviews
We bought these for use on our guinea pigs and i have to say they were fantastic, with exception to me nicking the quick on the first attempt, luckily we bought some quick blood stopper from here as well just in case this happened and it did stop the bleeding really quickly (as it said on the tin) if anyone else needs it we used the code B001OVF7PM.

Our neighbour has borrowed these for her collie's nails a few times too and had no problems, and if a dog has any dirt or grit under its nails, their dog will have, maybe we should buy a comb too and lend it to them :)

to conclude, they are a good product, the stopper on the back works for dogs but not really for guineas, and the handles are lovely and soft so you really dont feel like you are pressing too hard. Highly recommended and we will be back for more for definite.

Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper