Top critical review
43 people found this helpful
What it says, really
on 13 August 2012
So, some crazy German fella who used to operate on Siamese twins now has a thing for putting dogs and people together mouth-to-butt and making them like a centipede (As you do).
When I first heard about this, I thought 'How do they drag this out for an hour and a half?'
Well, the director (Tom Six) does an alright job to be fair.
There's the usual dumb-american-girls-get-lost-and-knock-on-random-crazy-dude's-door along with the chances of escape.
I watched this a second time tonight, with my girlfriend and her Mum.
Not a family film, this one.
The good though:
- Crazy German guy is cast well. Scary, creepy and everything a horror lead needs.
- A fair bit of action to keep the pace going
- Pretty epic (though grim) ending
- Could provide a decent night with friends. You wouldn't want to be watching this type of film by yourself, would you!
The bad of this film:
- Dialogue and acting between the girls at the start of the film is pretty tragic
- Japanese guy is the only one of the three victims who can talk. He's pretty bloody annoying.
- Makes you wonder why you're watching such a soul-destroying film
- Because the girls have their mouths attached to bums, they can't talk, so even the bad dialogue is missed
- The ending, though grande, is left sort of open. Does the girl just stay in that position until death? If so, poor thing.
That's pretty much all I can say.
Not a great film, but watchable.
Like many have pointed out, it's not in good taste. It makes you wonder what the director gets up to in his spare time, and you also wonder about his mental health.
It's basically torture porn and I'm sure many would find it vulgar and offensive.
Since I'm in the new generation, I'm pretty laid back by this kind of rubbish.
With all that said, I have ordered the second film, if only out of pure curiousity.
This one was actually a present for my Mother's 50th Birthday!
She asked for it, too!
Thanks for reading my review.
Hope it helps,