5.0 out of 5 stars what a great product!
Painted an entire house in no time and with a finish that is just not achievable with roller and brushes. The plasterer himself commented on the quality of the finish.
Published 22 months ago by eecm

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible waste of money
This product is just awful, I will never purchase anything from this brand again. It works nothing like the video they have on their sales site and is unreliable.

Published 17 months ago by Hastur

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great product!, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wagner W985E WallPerfect Paint Spraying System (Tools & Hardware)
It took me about 1 hour and 1 wall to get used to the machine. After that it was fast and smooth. The claim that you need 1 coat only is absolutely true. I can also add that one coat - if uniformly spread - creates a sufficiently thick layer of paint that one can wipe off marks and stains without removing or damaging the paint. You do however, need to mask anything you don't want to be painted and you need to use a breathing mask and protective eye glass - nebulised paint does penetrate everywhere. 10% water diluited Dulux paint worked perfectly. I cannot stress enough the amazing speed and quality of the work. The best £200 spent in the entire refurbishment of my new house.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible waste of money, 29 July 2013

We managed to paint the bathroom with it but paint goes everywhere because it always blows air even when the trigger isnt depressed. Aside from that the second time we used it it broke after 30 seconds and wont spray at all any more. In the end it seems the pump doesnt work - this after 2 hours total use. So we used rollers .... cheaper and honestly since you dont have to tape down the whole house due to overspray a lot easier. I've seen multiple reviews online where people mention again and again that these machines are unreliable.

Something best avoided, or buy a professional sprayer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect interior paint sprayer, save your time, 8 Jan 2013
Gordon Zhou (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I bought a W985E a year ago for painting texture ceiling.

This sprayer works perfect and it took me only about 40 minutes for a 25 square meter ceiling with one coating (as it is too easy to work with I painted four coating in the end, that is, two coatings of base paint coating and two ceiling white paint).

This sprayer is designed to suck the paint directly from the paint bucket, which makes job much easier. It is also very easy to clean with its self-cleaning function (I normally cleaned it twice to get good result).

As advised by Wagner technical support (from Melbourne), there is no need to think the paint.

The disadvantages of this product are:
[1] it does not work well with Dulex paint without thin the paint
I used Resene brand paint in the end, which is also a trade's grade paint and it works perfect and does not need to thin the paint at all (both base paint and ceiling white)
[2] it blows air always even the trigger is off (need put mask tape very tight)
This is not what you see on Wagner's video. When power on, it works like a blower before you spray the paint.

In general I think it is a good paint sprayer for interior use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for large areas, 27 Jan 2014
James Hennessy "James" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This unit is great for painting fresh plaster in an entire room. Mask and cover everything and then paint. I don't however see how it can be used to cut in and edge. I was able to complete an entire room (freshly plastered) in about 15 minutes. It uses a little more paint than conventional methods, but the results are flawless and fast.
Highly recomended