5.0 out of 5 stars Good but contains SLS

1.0 out of 5 stars not organic at all
Published 12 months ago by organic-lover

1.0 out of 5 stars not organic at all, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
I bought the shampoo because I thought it was organic, but its organic character raises my strong doubts. Why does it pop up as the one of the first ones when you type and search "organic shampoo" is a mystery for me. The experience is good (smell, consistency, foaming), but it contains chemicals. A a matter of fact it contains nothing but chemicals. Let me start... Sodium Laureth Sulfate, COCAMIDE DEA - This ingredient is a chemically-modified form of coconut oil; used as a foaming agent, strong evidence for being skin toxicant or allergen, possible human carcinogen as stated by California Environmental Protection Agency. COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE is a synthetic surfactant; it has been associated with irritation and allergic contact dermatitis, reactions that could be due to the ingredient itself or to impurities present in it, such as 3-dimethylaminopropylamine. METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE is a widely-used preservative; has been associated with allergic reactions. METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE is a widely-used preservative; has been associated with allergic reactions. Lab studies on the brain cells of mammals also suggest that methylisothiazolinone may be neurotoxic. And last but not least >>PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)<<. The word "fragrance" or "parfum" on the product label represents an undisclosed mixture of various scent chemicals and ingredients used as fragrance dispersants such as diethyl phthalate. Fragrance mixes have been associated with allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress and potential effects on the reproductive system.

Well, for all who would like to use an organic shampoo - do not buy this one, it is not organic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but contains SLS, 17 April 2012
Rooofie (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
Great Price, smell, size and super quick delivery and yep I fell for the wording 'PURE' but it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) which is the one thing I was trying to avoid. It's plus is it's parabens free. I have been using it and it is the best one I've used to date but I'm looking for something chemical free. I'm African with short afro hair and finding decent hair care products for me has been experimental, expensive and I have suffered many a bad hair day due to unsuitable products. I will continue using until I find my chemical free dream product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved, 17 Feb 2012
M. Okeke (Eastern Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
I bought it because of its low price and lack of parabens in the content, I'm fascinated. My hair is soft after washing with this shampoo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
Have used the Shampoo & Conditioner twice now and my hair looks great and for some reason is holding it's style without any effort, great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product, value for money, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
This product leaves my hair sleek and shiny, exactly what I needed for my previously dry and frizzy locks, have been using this for a few weeks along with the conditioner from the same range and friends have been asking me what I'm using as they can see the difference too. Would definitely recommend to anyone with dry or damaged hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever!!, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
This product is so wonderful, my first time ever used.It's silky smooth & there is a faint smell of coconut & glide easily to foam a lather on my hair & washes off gently. Since I have been using this product I have not found any irritation in my scalp. I definately recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great products!, 28 Feb 2013
Before I started using the Inecto Pure Coconut product line, I had frizzy and "wire-ish" hair. After using the products, it got a lot smoother and shinier. Definitely something I would recommend to all my friends ;)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated it, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
A very poor quality shampoo, left my hair feeling horrible basically. I can't imagine using it without a conditioner as every time I used it, my hair felt like I washed it with the sand or something. Better invest in a more expensive salon brand I think. It does cost more, but because salon shampoos lather so well, you don't need much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
Works brilliantly, makes me smell like a coconut cream puff but it leaves my hair soft, shiny, smooth and easy to manage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml (Personal Care)
This is the most amazing range I have come across - I can't recommend it highly enough. It is extremely moisturising and smells absolutely delicious. Much better than more expensive products I have tried.

Inecto Pure Coconut Shampoo 500ml