5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value
Published 14 months ago by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars a bit suspect
I think i must of got a bad from a bad batch, but when i got the uv glass the, the glass was not in good condition and had chip marks. I would be interested to see if other people had the same. But i was bit disappointed with it as Polaroid is a good brand name, and they should have better quality control.
Published on 14 Oct 2011 by Y. Tsang

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 17 Oct 2013
The internet is full of snobbish reviews of camera equipment. They tell you to spend £50 on filters which is ridiculous for most amateur photographers. I can understand avoiding the dirt cheap filters, but I simply could not afford an expensive one having just spent a small fortune on my new DSLR. That said it is important to protect the end of your lens, and cleaning a filter is a lot less nerve racking than the lens itself.

Looking through the various filters on Amazon I went for this because it was relatively cheap but still from a known brand - Polaroid. It is very well made, crystal clear, and I am delighted with it. After test shots with/without I really doubt you could tell the difference between this £8 UV and a £50 UV on an amateur lens (although there will always be a camera snob on hand to tell you otherwise).

Sure putting a £8 filter on a £1500 lens would be a bit silly, but for us day to day lens protection and UV filtering, trust me this will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wht pay more?, 8 Feb 2012
Having bought and lost £42 pounds worth of UV filter I couldn't believe the price of this one. I know these filters are only 2mm clear glass but people like Jessops want silly money! This is from Poloroid and works perfectly. I did a comparison with 2 different lenses using both this and a Jessops product and there is no difference whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 29 Sep 2013
Oliver (South Wales UK) - See all my reviews
Have purchased several Polaroid branded filters / lens's at various times and have been pleased with the quality which comes at an affordable price .This UV filter is no exception .
Used primarily as protection for the lens and of course improving the contrast of photos .Build quality is good ; the threads are smooth and fit and very well into the camera lens recess..Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects my lens, 28 Aug 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
If you are looking for a professional review of this filter, then please skip this one and save yourself some reading time. What I know about photography can be written on the back of a very small postage stamp in a very large font.

I have taken plenty of pictures with this attached and I cannot say if it improves the image. In fact I took some with and without the image and I can't for the life of me tell you which is which. I am not saying that this is a failing of the filter, far from it. I don't know if:
1. It is supposed to make a difference
2. My photography skills are pants
3. I am not using it right
4. My eyesight is failing
5. All of the above

So you may ask, why I am happy to give it a 5 star review. Good question; my only real purpose behind buying this filter was to add some protection to the lens of my Samsung NX2000 and still use the lens cover. The cost of a filter is a fraction of that of a lens, so it made sense to protect the glass. It does that without interfering with the image and that is exactly what I was looking for.

A well made piece of kit for a decent price (currently under £5)

1.0 out of 5 stars a bit suspect, 14 Oct 2011
Y. Tsang "yen888" (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars filter, 11 Dec 2013
works wonderfully well on my camera lens, protects it as well as filtering the UV light, will only take it off to do a rainbow photo.

4.0 out of 5 stars uv fiter, 15 May 2012
another great uv filter which I bought because I have two sizes of lenses! as before great for outdoor shots reducing glare and haze! would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lens Filter, 21 April 2012
R. Edwards (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Good quality and fair priced UV filter. I have bought it to act mainly as a lens protector but it also does what it is intended for.

4.0 out of 5 stars cheap filters, 19 Jan 2011
Bought two Polaroid UV filters for main lenses on my Canon 500d, they seem to be well made and as good as much more expensive filters and come in protective cases. The prices for some other filters, which let's face it are just plain glass are simply ridiculous. I dont suggest that its necessary to go for the cheapest but these are a good compromise, especially when delivered up to Amazon's usual standards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter, 5 April 2014
Thank you for a great product and an efficient and expedient service . Does just what it says and from a reliable brand.