on 19 February 2012
This looked really promising. The ability to chose between a number of routes with distance and estimated time shown is great. However for some reason the Navigon ignores some roads resulting in much longer journeys than necessary. On the roads near my home it chooses a route which is over a mile longer. It would be understandable if the alternative to the unclassified road was an A road or B road but it isn't, it's identical. If it does this with roads I know, what confidence can I have that it is taking me the best route when I don't know the roads? It is also not good at re-calculating the route when you veer off course or choose a better route. The worst example of this resulted in a distance saving of 17 miles when it finally worked out the route that I intended to use, a saving of about 50%. The unit itself is very slim and easily transported, but this means that the sound is really tinny which makes the sound of the female voice grate. The alternative "Godfather" voice is apalling. I stood it for less than a minute before turning it off. Come back TomTom, all is forgiven!(Well most of it)
on 23 September 2012
Firstly to say I'd give ZERO stars if that was possible, it's just not fit for purpose in any way.
Software on the website & their "Fresh" software does not allow you to get your 80% discount. Poor software.
Routes are often mad, on routes I know, I get absolutely insane routes calculated & given to me!
Re-routing takes too long, & often if I know a route is better this unit will still be trying to get me back to the stupid route it chose, the original insane route will still be nagged at you for 3 miles! What utter nonsense.

To top it all the TMC does not work at-all, even after soft reboot, hard reboot, swapping out the power cable (which also doubles as the aerial), & also I have NO SAFETY CAMERA Data.
Safety Cameras do not appear at-all. I switched it on like prompted by the FAQ on Navigon's Website. No Joy , no safety Camera info.
Now I don't speed & have never had a speeding ticket, it's just nice to be reminded of limits when the Local Council hide the signs.

There is a disconcertingly vague mention of purchasing Camera Data (that is clearly mentioned as being included with the Navigon, on the box). If purchased, it seems that this is not automatically downloaded to the unit but you have to do it at the computer every month! (I'm not sure about this as it's all so vague. It's as if Navigon think that spending even more money to get the unit you've just paid £100 for working is just part of life to everybody, but not to me).
This monthly download would be via the software that doesn't work very well then. I'm sure people have ended up paying for a years worth of Camera updates & got nothing or very little, after giving up on this mess.

So NO Traffic, No Camera Info, Poor Routes, stupid routes, rediculous re-routing & persistant attempts to re-direct back to a stupid route when you try to get away from it.

I just wanted a Satnav that gave me Cameras, TMC, & routing info that made sense. This Navigon gives me NONE OF THESE. To say it's poor is an understatement.
I have a Navman that's pretty naff, but this Navigon takes the biscuit for being absolutely terrible.

Good news is I can phone Navigon if I like & PAY FOR THE CALL to no-doubt be told that I've got to pay for something, or to be told about software glitches etc etc.
No thanks I'll just send this rubbish back to Amazon for a refund. Navigon have been bought by Garmin (who made another rubbish Satnav I had in the past) - they deserve each other, God only knows what they'll dream up between themselves!
I'll never buy a Navigon again. The Navigon I had a few years back was great, but this one is a sick-joke.
Just to be fair I got a replacement off Amazon, & that had all the same issues, but with the added fact that it re-boots itself a few times a day.
By the way the Map data is early 2010 (it's late 2012 now), so this must be the last of the "old" Navigons before they got themselves bought out.
A shame that what was a great product a few years back is now truly the standard bearer for poor-technology.
on 20 June 2012
This is a substantial improvement on the previous models.It locates details inputted very quickly. The inner city line guide is a tremendous help,to a novice visiting a new city centre. The display is almost HD quality. I love the changing the units vocals to another person. Gone are the days when you would a large to update the maps and add any new roads. Now with the aid of the USB you do updates and add new roads with Simple. Navigon online application.