Platform: Xbox 360Edition: LimitedFormat: BoxChange
Price:£9.99+ £2.03 shipping

on 15 October 2010
I am not one for the current trend among VG consumers to join factions - I run a 360 and a PS3- they are both good machines. I judge COD on the game not if its IW or Treyarch, and I have no problem enjoying time on Bad Company II either. I am not a fanboy, I am a fan of good gaming.
With this in mind, I looked forward to MOH greatly. The preview footage looked great, and the idea of combining some of MW's arcade frenetecism with BFII's realism seemed a great plan.
Sadly, I have not found this to be the case. The campaign is incredibly short, and frankly, not that involving. I dont think realism should mean abandoning characterisation completely, yet here everyone feels very bland, and the dialogue is very cliched. There are some framerate issues during big set pieces involving explosions, and the environments can be very glitchy at times as well. The enemy AI is also way behind the times.
When it comes to the Online side of things, the fact that it was developed by a completely seperate team shows. The controls are the same of course, but it just doesnt feel cohesive in relation to the main game. The maps are pretty dull, and there aren't many of them, and the weapon selection feels limited. Thsi would not be so bad if the load out chosen had a great bearing on your game, like in BCII, but DICE here have gone for 'BC lite' with little advantage in attempting to use strategy in your game. This means that you get a sort of dull, more sincere MW2, with less options and a lot less fun, or a less involving, throwaway version of BCII, depending on how you look at it.
A missed opportunity.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2010
I like many others bought Medal of Honor expecting a little more or rather a lot more. If you are thinking of buying the game for single player option in mind I would not bother. Whilst the graphics are good not fantasic (don't believe people who say they aren't) and the story is ok it is just way way too short 5 - 6 hours at best.
The multi player side is ok but again just ok. It needed to be so much better to knock MW2 off it's perch and with Black ops around the corner they are going to have a tuff fight. One or two glitches spring to mind. Spawn killing or just spawning right in front of the opposition is not good. The sniper rifle class starts of with a red dot sight whats that all about it's supposed to be a sniper rifle so where's the scope!!! The maps are pretty similar...yes I know its set in Afganistan but I think it is just lacking a little. So my question was 'it worth it', very borderline as I may only get a month at it before Black ops arrives.. so 3 stars for me!
on 15 October 2010
Good graphics, good gameplay. Similar enough to modern warfare etc but with the 'peak round the corner' function from Airborne and some destructible cover from Battlefield Bad Company. Limited amount of weapons, which i must admit i prefer to modern warfare where every guy you kill has a different gun. One thing it does really well is the dust kicked up from bullets hitting the ground - firing a machine gun at swarms of oncoming Taliban (though you seem to be shooting Chechens for the most part) looks great. The sound it pretty good but Battlefield Bad Company 2 does it much better (firing a machine gun in a house in that is deafening, its not half as good in this though you do still hear the bullet casings hitting the floor).
Story is pretty good, while it lasts. You bounce between 4 or 5 different characters who each fill in a part of a story arc that takes place over 2 or 3 days, pretty much everything is point and shoot, there's no skill to it, and very little sense of achievement (in sniper elite you had to estimate distance and account for bullet drop and wind, even when you're sniping over a kilometre in this game there's none of that, you put the head in the crosshairs just like all the other guns, it just takes the bullet a bit longer to get there).
I got the game yesterday and couldn't believe it when the credits started to roll this morning: thats less than 6 hours of gameplay on the hardest difficulty setting.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2010
The single player campaign of this game is great if not a little short .but the multiplayer is where the game truly shines realistic and varied maps with lots of action.My only problem is the stupidly excessive amount of snipers on the maps i think this is due to the fact that it is so easy to snipe in this game even i can do it but i think that dice or E.A or whoever need to address this issue as these people are ruining an otherwise cracking multiplayer game a good suggestion would be to limit the ammount of snipers on each team to say 2 max this would make it more balanced and less frustrating for real players like myself.But i doubt that dice will do anything about it may be when black ops comes out these amateurs will sod off there.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2010
I shall not make this review biased, I am an avid player of All of the Call of Duty series & I own and play All Battlefield games.

I was so much looking forward to this game so I pre-ordered & received it launch day. Firstly the single IS too easy and too short, it really feels like you are in a scripted film than playing a game. Badly scripty enemies popping up from the same place, moving in the same direction over & over again. Secondly, the multiplayer is awful to play. You have no real sense of being in a battle more of a massacre! It is no fun to play a game when opponents just sit on your re-spawn and murder you over & over again. I never really had a sense people were shooting at me, just one minute I was alive then, one shot.... dead. There is NO private lobbies, you can ONLY play with 3 friends at once. I & my friends like to just run around a game together on our own, like Halo or COD, you CANNOT do this with Medal of Honour!

I played the game for 3 hours & I was bored with it. I couldn't send it back so I sold it to an High St shop for cash & I don't regret it!

Yes, the graphics are really good & the sound is very realistic. But take off the rose tinted glasses and it's just awful.

If you think like me, this is where it would come in my top list for war shooters:

1.COD 4
2.Battlefield 2
5.COD 2
6.Battlefield Bad Company
7.Battlefield 1943
9.COD 3

Sorry Call of Duty 3 fans, that was awful! But Medal of Honor is not much better! 4/10
on 21 October 2010
I have been playing this game for 4 days now and sooo wanted to love it. I have been waiting for so long for this title as a am a huge FPS fan. I have enjoyed both the CoD and battlefield games but to be honest I am a little disappointed with this.
The Campaign is a little short as others have already stated but this was the same in the Cod games. What spoilt it for me was the fact that you would be playing a level however, your team mate would not respond and therefore the game would not progress. As a result you have to start the entire level again just to move things along. This happend at least four times which got a bit annoying!!!
I personally believe that the graphics look a little dated on some levels. When you are close to objects, walls etc, they look a little "jagged" and not as polished of as in CoD.
I also seemed to experience problems with my "team mates" talking. When they were giving orders on what to do next I often couldnt hear them loud enough, even though I was standing next to them in a silent room. My TV volume was also up quite high.
The levels also seemed to be very much the same as other games we have played i.e, "You take the one on the left, I'll take the one on the right" as well as the ATV level which is very similar to a Snowmobile level I seem to remember. This game just didn't seem very "fresh" for me.
All that being said though, as the game progressed I did enjoy some of the levels such as the Apache level amongs others.

With such a short Campaign, I was hoping to be blown away by the multi player but this just hasn't happened for me.
I am ranking up nicely however, I am already getting bored with it unlike Modern Warfare, where I was playing all night and didn't want to turn it off. I just don't get that with this game.
There doesn't seem to be enough weapons to choose from and I always seem to be playing the same maps. Its as if there are only four or five to play on which is a bit pants really!!!
I don't think this game has any long term appeal which is a shame as I was looking forward to something a little different.

This title will see me through till Black Ops release but is likely to end up and that auction site that starts with an E.
on 18 October 2010
Right, where to start. Oh well one thing. Firstly, the people on, the US version (where this game is currently rated 2.8/5) and also the people on (where it's currently rated 3.3/5), well presuming to get a rating out of 10 (like gamespot and IGN etc do it) that'd mean either ratings of 5.6 or 6.6/5 judged by american and british reviewers on amazon, and take it from me, that does the game no justice and it's better than that.

I would personally rate this game about 4/5 (it is no way a 5 star but 3 star don't do it credibility) and i'd give it around 8/10. It IS a decent game, here's why:

1. The graphics are generally pretty damn good, I mean they get better towards the middle and end campaign missions for some reason i'd say but they aren't as good as I was expecting after watching youtube clips of gameplay. However, i've been playing it on an old, small flat-screen LCD (with HD cable plugged in though to get an HDish picture) however when played on my bro's new widescreen the graphics were a fair bit better. So all in all, decent graphics, but in my opinion, not as good as say red dead redemption's for example.

2. The Campaign was quality. I'll come onto the disappointing shortness of it later but overall, the missions were good fun, very realistic and by the end of the campaign, I was desperate to play more. Some of the american whingers at who left ratings saying it wasn't "realistic at all and had no storyline bla bla bla," well it damn well was realistic and yeah I guess you could say there is no proper storyline to the game and it doesn't really have a beginning, middle and end which it really should have, but quite frankly I don't give a crap as it was damn good fun.

3. Multiplayer (xbox live) is pretty damn impressive. The sounds of gunfire and general warfare are overly realistic (well just as in campaign) and the maps are decent enough, weapons too. I'd say the xbox live experience is very good with the realism of proper warfare (unlike COD MW2 which yes I still play but is fake as **** ) but anyhow...

Now for the negatives and there's not many but believe me if all these little things could be corrected than the game would get at least 9/10 from me.

1. The graphics. As I said they are decent, they look better at some points in the campaign, worse at others, generally I think the 2nd or 3rd mission they looked a bit crap in the desert but that was it, on xbox live they are pretty damn good. Still though, expected slightly better and if the makers of MOH wanted it to really compete with cod and halo reach etc, they should've produced immaculate graphics which I don't think they have done...don't let this dissuade you from buying the game though, buy it it's worth it.

2. The campaign. It's ridiculously short, again, the game is worth buying because what's there of the campaign is very good, in terms of realism and enjoyment, but they failed it big time on length and when I finished it I was surprised it was over so quickly and was desperate to play more.

3. Xbox live could be better....

It's got great graphics, great sounds, and it's so realistic it owns cod anyday of the week in that aspect, however, things that could make xbox live multiplayer better....

A) Prone - you can crouch properly, prone, like in cod in the campaign on MOH, however you cannot on xbox live multiplayer, why this is I have no idea, and it's stupid you can't do it like you can in the campaign...makes no sense....
B) Maps. Firstly, sometimes you get the same map twice in a row which is stupid. You never get that on cod or halo I swear (although you can skip but depends if others want to skip innit).... Secondly, there are only 8 maps I believe, but I swear i've only played 6 or 7, they need to bring out more cos I end up playing the same ones very frequently which gets really quite annoying, but still, multiplayer is still worth it anyway....

But yeah, overall, a few changes on live and it'd be better, a slight tweaking of graphics, more especially in the campaign and it'd be even better, but mainly, a longer campaign and it really would feel like a complete game, but anyone who's just read this, get the game, it's worth it, it merks cod on realism anyday and anyone who's rated this 1 or 2/5 is a moron because it's easily 3/5 if not better!
on 20 October 2010
This game isn't BAD, but it isn't great either.
For a start there are quite a few bugs in it (at one point I managed to land on top of Dusty and could walk on his head!), and it has followed the recent tradition of being incredibly short. Far too short in fact.
In the short time you play this, it is enjoyable, but it's not enough to make it worth the money. I've yet to play the online section of the game, so it could be the saving grace - but it will have to be bloody good!

In short it's worth playing, but wait for a while until the price drops, and in the meantime just play Modern Warfare 2 again - it's MUCH better (and a lot longer) than this.
on 15 October 2010
The single player game is all right,I enjoyed it but at the end of the day it's not the single player we really buy these type of games for is it.
I just love the multiplayer in this game. its sort of like BFBC2 lite but in a good way. The action is intense and you will die a lot to start with but once you get used to it it is a quality experience. the controls are better than BFBC2, no clicking the stick to crouch, god I hated that, and are more COD like. the action is fluid and smooth and I found no slow down even when the4 action is at its hottest. 12 a side to so battles are epic. The combat mission game is the best. Similar to Rush in BFBC2 but the action appears to be more intense. I have never fought in a real war but this gave me some idea of what it might look like. The sound to is immense and the guns feel and sound just right. This is the most fun I have ever had online and I have played all the COD's and the BF games. COD is a totally different sort of game, more arcade like which in itself is not a bad thing but personally MOH knocks it into a cocked hat.
Brilliant sound, brilliant graphics and brilliant gameplay. I simply can not understand folk who like online FPS's giving this a bad review. I thoroughly enjoyed it. oh yes forgot to mention the limited edition comes with a Beta pass for Battlefield 3, not that it's ready yet but will be looking forward to that when it comes out.
Well done EA for a superb multiplayer experience.
People who complain about the spawning are just plain wrong. The game gives you 2 types of spawn, on the front line which chucks you literally on the front line in the thick of the action. Yes you will get killed a lot quicker by doing this Doh!. The other option is to spawn at base where you can make your way to the front (usually not to far) at your own pace with no likelyhood of getting spawn killed. Do some people just not bother to read the clear buttons on the screen in front of them or what?
Some people are complaining about poor graphics,I can only assume they aren't playing this on a HD telly. On a HD telly they are superb especially on the multiplayer. I can imagine them not looking to good on a normal telly but on HD they shine and are by far the best most realistic visuals on an online shooter yet.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2011
The single player is way too short. The on-line game is seriously flawed.

Undoubtedly there are people on pc who are using changed codes on-line. These codes allow them to take serious damage without dying, tonight as just another example I put an entire clip into one of them and suprise suprise nothing happened except I got shot. This is a crock and ruins being there, it is as pointless as those who are doing this.

The serious game flaw is the mortar/rocket/hellfire missle/strafing run that are gained in multiplayer by number of kills - of course if you're cheating these are easy to attain and each level is fed by the previous one so normal players end up being killed in a series of attacks i.e you re-spawn then you're instantly killed - get a couple of the idiot cheating teams and this becomes almost permanent, I've certainly been killed around 10 times in a row a second between each each kill - again, poinltess.

Do a decent single player game at least twice the length it is now, sort out the cheating and get rid of the mortar/missle thing it could be a good game - presently imo it isn't and I've attained 'warfighter' on-line in all 3 disciplines so I've played it enough to know.