5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little addition to my camera bag
Published 12 months ago by Robert John Hitchman

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but deceptive basic converter
It does not really work with all functions - well, any functions. Officially it converts Sony cameras to use Nikon etc flash but actually it might as well just be a dumb single contact X-sync converter. Not even the flash ready signal is connected properly.
Published 6 months ago by Icon Publications Ltd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little addition to my camera bag, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Pixel TF-325 Hot Shoe Converter for Sony Alpha Cameras (Accessory)
Not only do we Sony owners have to contend with struggling to find accessories/lenses compared to the ubiquitous Canon and Nikon crowd, but we also have to put up with Sony's own proprietary standards, such as the unique hotshoes on its cameras. I recently found myself at a photo studio and unable to use the wireless triggers for the lighting set-up. Frustrating, to say the least.

I ordered this item, having seen the positive reviews and aggregated star-ratings and I'm delighted to say that it did not disappoint. It converts Sony's own standard into the more user-friendly industry-standard hotshoe. It works like a charm, allowing me to attach a borrowed wireless trigger to the top of the unit.

It's well-made and attaches firmly and securely to the top of my A65 camera by means of an effective thumb-ring. An arrow indicates which way to turn the ring in order to get it into the "locked" position.

There are no instructions provided, but this is not a negative, since there is no operational control to be performed.

Having now used it in the studio, I can honestly say that it hasn't missed a beat and the pictures created are a joy. Highly recommended, and great value. This will now always be present in my camera bag, on account of its versatility, particularly when borrowing/sharing accessories from other photographers. Does exactly what it says on the tin and arrived promptly. Justifies its Amazon ratings superbly.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes a lot of sense, 3 Jun. 2011
Makes a lot of sense compared to the Sony one at the price,unless you are attaching a flashgun with a trigger voltage too high for your camera.Works fine with my studio trigger and my old Sunpack with its 1.5v trigger voltage on the Minolta hot shoe coiled connector lead.Attached to Sony A580.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 9 Nov. 2010
I have been very happy with this product. It saved me a lot of hassle, as I have a Sony Alpha series camera but the studio equipment I use is all Nikon/Canon and so far it has worked perfectly for me. I highly recommend it if you are looking for an adaptor for your flash gun/light sync.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little adapter, 3 Sept. 2013
I bought this as my local camera club were having a studio night where we were shooting a model and sharing the studio light setup. We were passing the radio trigger around but being the only Sony user in the group, the trigger would not have fit my camera.

Thankfully I had a week's notice that I would need an adapter to use the clubs lights, so I bought this on Amazon, received it the next day, and on the night it worked a treat!

The model supplied was ever so slightly different from the pic (by which I mean better!) They are both Pixel TF-325 but the one I received has an integral rotaing wheel which helps lock the adapter into place once clipped on. A certain improvement over the one pictured.

I have a Sony DSLT-A57

5.0 out of 5 stars Alows me to use non-Sony flash on a Sony Alpha A77, 3 Feb. 2014
This is a great piece of kit, it allows me to use non Minolta/Sony flashguns on my Alpha A77. I have a Nikon Flashgun that not only has a main flash that can be bounced or rotated but also has a forward facing smaller flash that fires at the same time to give plenty of light when I need it. With this device I can at last mount this flashgun onto my Sony A77 and fire it through the built in flash cable connection. The results are outstanding.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works..., 31 Dec. 2010
Mr. D. Evans "Evansshoots" (York, UK) - See all my reviews
This isn't the sort of product you can go all gooey over. It's pretty compact, it does the job it's designed to do and costs about 1/20 of the price of the sony kit.

I bought this for using with studio flash. The only problem I have with it is that it does hit your brow occasionally if you look through the viewfinder too quickly. People wanting it for use in the 'real' world may feel it sticks up a bit too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 23 Nov. 2012
A very well made gadget. I have used it on the NEX 7 camera in combination with 25 years old Nikon SB24 flash unit and it worked surprisingly well. The Amazon delivery was swift, the cost, at £10.00 was very reasonable .... hence I would recommend this hot shoe adapter to any Sony NEX 7 camera owner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but deceptive basic converter, 13 Oct. 2014
Icon Publications Ltd (Kelso, Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Pixel TF-325 Hot Shoe Converter for Sony Alpha Cameras, 4 Dec. 2013
Typical of Sony not using generic parts. This workes fine on my A65, it will hold a RODE VideoMic Pro Compact Directional On-Camera Microphone, a Jessops flash gun which will fire but the camera image is to bright, have to modify it afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and cheap, 23 Jan. 2012
Well impressed with this item. I love PIXEL items as they are strong and very reliable. The fit on the camera is fine and i am sure the hotshoe will last for a very long time. buy buy buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›