5.0 out of 5 stars very durable!
I have a few of these Kitchen Craft silicone utensils, they are perfect for non stick pans, they wash in the dishwasher and do not discolour. I'm very impressed overall!
Published on 17 April 2012 by karenjw

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but has an annoying 'flex'
I quite liked this turner all the way up to the point of actually cooking something with it. First, the good bits:
* Nice colour scheme to brighten up the utensil pot
* Silicone and therefore heat proof and non-scratch
* Grips well in the hand
Published 15 months ago by Tim Ngyou

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but has an annoying 'flex', 21 Jan 2013
Tim Ngyou "timboid" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Colourworks Silicone Slotted Turner, Green (Kitchen & Home)
* Nice colour scheme to brighten up the utensil pot
* Silicone and therefore heat proof and non-scratch
* Grips well in the hand
* Evenly weighted so when resting it in a pan, it doesn't inadvertently see-saw and splodge a load of food everywhere
* Easy to clean (non-stick)
* Good sized 'head' for most applications (fried eggs, smallish pancakes, omelettes, burgers etc.

And now the deal breaker:
* As others have mentioned, the main flaw of this turner is that it has the most annoying 'flex' right in the middle of the head. What this means is that occasionally, when you're trying to prod or turn food, the head flexes and then releases, flicking your food or the sauce it's in. The flexing is not gradual - it's on and then off. It doesn't sound that bad on paper, but in practical terms, it really is very frustrating and also means you can't use the turner for such things as breaking up fresh minced beef/pork/lamb in a pan because it's just too bendy. I find myself reaching for that good old wooden turner more often than not - it's not as wide, but it doesn't annoy the hell out of me!

Consider this flexing before buying. It's not solid metal under all that silicone. I would not buy this turner again.

5.0 out of 5 stars very durable!, 17 April 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Silicone turner, 29 Dec 2010
E. Priddle - See all my reviews
Great colour and very easy to clean. However, I find the material means that it is a little too flexible than I like in the kitchen.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 19 Dec 2012
Phil "RetroCat" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having bought other Kitchen Craft utensils and being very happy with them, I bought the silicon turner. My one 'flops' around in the middle which means that food is often flipped onto the floor or breaks up while being lifted/turned. I'm not sure if this is unique to my one (I'm seeing 5 Star review from everyone else).

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Lime Green Kitchen Craft., 2 Aug 2012
Irene Roberts "Samoborlady" (The Sunny South) - See all my reviews
As stated on my other previous reviews on Kitchen Craft Silicone items...I just love them! They live up to their claims of durablity, looks and ease of use. What more could a person ask for? (Lurve the lime green!)

3.0 out of 5 stars To floppy, 27 Feb 2013
S. Farnaby (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a selection of silicone utensils and I love them all except this turner. Maybe I need to get used to its feeling of flexibility but I have yet to turn a fried egg successfully with it. And for heavier food like chops or steaks I need something in the other hand to complete the turning process successfully. And that just means more washing up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kitchen utensils, 24 Mar 2011
This whole range is superb stuff.
Not cheap but you can get a whole set of main utensils for less than 30

Once you have them you wont look back. Just ideal for non stick pans as they don't scratch and food is a breeze to wipe/clean off.

Some colours a bit bright for some but I have the lime green colour and they look great without being too offensive or in bad taste.
Would recommend these to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a TOY, Period!, 9 April 2014
Do not buy this product if you think it's the standard size and you can use it to stir fry anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's simply a TOY!!!!! THEY SHOULD HAVE mentioned that in this product description! It's tinnnnnnyyyyyy!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourworks Silicone Turner, Purple, 8 Feb 2014
It will match all the other purple items in the Kitchen.
Rigid enough to turn items in the pan but does not damage the pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 7 Feb 2014
Bought this as a xmas present because its silicon and red and my mother in law loves it! Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›