Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.49

on 9 November 2011
Amazing band! Originally just bought the normal CD but thought, what the hell. So glad I did, they are honestly one of the best bands I've seen to date and are such lovely people.

Also shipping came fast and in great condition.
on 19 October 2010
I purchased this album after reading a positive review on a music website and then listening to a few tracks on myspace. It has turned out to be a good move as this an excellent debut album from a rare thing these days, a young British rock band. They remind me a little of another great British rock band, Nine Black Alps, who have unfortunately fallen out of favour recently despite producing three really good albums. It's refreshing these days to hear a band producing very listenable tuneful rock songs that never lose sight of their melody even on the faster, louder tracks, when most rock bands seem to fall into the heavy rock or emo categories of music. It's perhaps indicative of the strength of the album that my favourite track is Endless Grey, not one of the single releases from the album. I would strongly recommend this album to anyone who enjoys rock or guitar driven music.
on 20 January 2012
Bought this CD for my daughter's boyfriend for Christmas present and he really loves it... The best CD ever he said...
on 3 September 2011
The All Our Kings Are Dead: Gold Edition CD is good product, and it came very fast and even the shipping it's cheap!
on 13 July 2010
The band have come along way in the past year, their debut album All Our Kings Are Dead shows this. Their sound is more or less the same as what you hear on the EP but add in more reverb on the vocals and maybe strings in a few songs aswell as gang vocals. The album uses alot of pop hooks which is something Young Guns are good at. All the songs are strong, none of them seem to be there to just fill the space although I'm not too keen on the re-recording of Weight Of The World. But that may grow on me over time.

Gustav Wood is a extraordinary lyricist and vocalist in my opinion. The lyrics on some songs dwell on him not having his father as a child. That put off a listener, but in no way is he whining about this, if anything writing songs on this subject has helped the band. For example the lyrics in the bridge of the album opener Sons Of Apathy. "My Father was an oak, the earth moved when he spoke. My father conquered seas but was not there for me" The line above flows so well with the rest of the instruments, everything on the album in fact feels natural.
I wouldn't compare Young Guns to any other artist, to me they're one of those few unique bands that have their own sound. I would recommend listening to these songs off the album to get into the band; Crystal Clear, Winter Kiss & Weight Of The World. All of which have been singles.

As I probably mentioned before, one of the things I love about this band is the vocal melody and the guitar lines and how it works off each other. As well as the poppy melodies used in their break downs. The only thing I don't like about this album is the re-recording ofWeight Of The World, it's lost it's raw edge and doesn't feel as crazy as the original. Wasn't necessary, but it's still cool I suppose.
on 12 March 2012
Soemtimes you listen to a band and you know they are destined for big things, Young Guns are one such. Punchy songs and soaring vocals and lots of emotion thrown into the mix. You should also buy 'Bones' their newest release, too. It is as they say, awesome.
on 27 April 2013
As a fan of a wide and varied selection of bands including Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Linkin Park, and a wide sleceltion of 80's rock (despite growing in the 90's)...

This is a very good album of new and interesting music with new melodies and new things to express. The production budget cloud have been better (the voice component could do with being stronger in several tracks) but the music is so good in most of the tracks that this is a minor issue.
on 1 October 2015
Ly daughter was very happy with this release.
on 11 March 2013
I received this album as a birthday present, and what a present it was! Honestly, it's one of the best alternative rock albums I've ever listened to. I first became interested in Young Guns via their most recent album, 'Bones', then I was tempted to listen to their previous album, half-expecting to hear a less-refined sound. Though, one listen to 'All Our Kings Are Dead', and it was not only beyond my expectations... I was left gobsmacked! Every track is consistent in its quality and creativity. There's a pleasant expressive energy to the music, working seamlessly with the beautifully sung vocals. The high-tempo upbeat tracks are anthemic. The ballads reach to the core of the human soul, particularly, "Stitches", yet there's space for pulsating beats from the riffs and drums. Every song has engaging and highly imaginative lyric writing - highly poetic in the creative sense. I found I do prefer their older material, even a track on their demo EP, called `In the Night', is one of my all time favourites.
In my opinion, 'All Our Kings Are Dead' is a stronger album than 'Bones'.
on 15 July 2010
Young Guns prove their dedication and passion for music with All Our Kings Are Dead. Writing the album in just 5 weeks, the quintet show their focus and this is definitely reflected in the tracks they have produced. Following up from their Mirrors EP in 2009, the band have come an exceptionally long way, even this year having the honour of playing the main stage at Reading/Leeds festival.

The album opens with the single "Son's of Apathy", with the riff pulling you straight in wanting to hear more. Gustav's vocals particularly stand out and during the choruses is complimented by the group backing vocals, making the listener want to shout along with the lyrics The band have released three of the songs on the album: "Son's of Apathy"; "Crystal Clear"; and "Winter Kiss"; all of which show true reflection of the album, surfacing with catchy guitar riffs, fast flowing drum beats, heavy bass lines and of course the powerful vocals with highly influencial lyrics.

A particular favourite of mine is "D.O.A", where the song oozes energy from beginning to end, again all of the members proving their passion and dedication to the album. "Weight of the World" was a song originally on the Mirror's EP and highlights how far the band have come since 2009. The recording is impeccable, sounding even clearer on the album showing just what the band can achieve.

"Elements" kicks in with yet another catchy riff, and strong drum beats. The vocals are very varied, with the contrast of softer vocals in some parts, kicking back into the heavy riff. A perfect combination that reflects the talent of the whole band.

The album ends with slower yet just as powerful songs "After the War"; "Endless Grey"; and "At the Gates"; with "Meter and Verse" and "Stitches" also slowing the album down yet complimenting the heavier riffs on the tracks before and after. These songs also reflect the diversity of the band, proving that they can vary their writing yet still sound just as successful. This takes great talent, something that Young Guns shine with.

"Beneath the Waves" is the final song of the album, 7 and a half minutes long yet leaving you wanting to repeat the album again. The song contains heavy riffs, alongside slower instrumentals, yet they fit perfectly together finishing off the album in style.

Overall, the album reflects the devotion the five members of the band have towards their career, with their fan base growing, showing strong support from the very beginning. Young Guns have proven what they can do, and I know for a fact they're going to be massive. The band are currently on tour and are also touring with the album in November and December, and having seen them before, they prove that their live act is just as incredible as their writing. With jaw dropping stage presence the band leave you wanting more, just like their album.

Well done lads, keep up the hard work and dedication.