5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Debut
If you have a penchant for haunting, beautiful, ethereal music, then the Smoke Fairies are made for you. I became aware of the duo last year through 'Living With Ghosts' and 'Frozen Heart', two tracks that have etched themselves indelibly on my memory with their cyclical guitar licks and fragile vocals . It was, therefore, with some anticipation that I awaited their debut...
Published on 27 Sep 2010 by Doctor Pint

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Saw the reviews and really expected something special and "new". I was really looking forward to hearing it. I don't know, perhaps they're better live but I've listened to this several times now and all I get is a cross between Clannad and Enya (artists I personally can't stand - all "Celtic lite" whimsy) with a few southern USA guitar riffs thrown in. I'd been...
Published 24 months ago by S. Green

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Jan 2013
Great Voices. Great sound. Great album. Recommend these girls to anyone. Need to buy more of their albums. Unique sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Singing Angels, 9 Dec 2012
Although The Smoke Fairies don't make my exact type of music, i must confess that i find them wonderful. Their voices are absolutely divine and complete each other in a perfect way. And the same happens with the guitar playing.
They may sound like angels, but they sing about really dark stuff. I can feel that. The album cover supports my sentence.
I believe this is a very strong album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 27 Jun 2011
I saw the Smoke Fairies at a festival last Saturday. They were superb. I immediately bought the Amercan double digipak of the album and the ep compilation at their stall. The singing is marvellous and the playing is delightfully subtle. They have all the best attributes of many musical influences in the mix, as others have said.They have listened and learned on a massive scale and yet they are all of their own.

If you ever need the antidote to Lady Gagaitis then this is it. Great music played by two intelligent,self-effacing and skilful young women.Absolutely top notch and great frocks too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely lovely, 25 Dec 2010
Jason (NEWARK, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Through Low Light And Trees (Audio CD)
Great album if you have not heard the smoke fairies before I'd advise you get this you won't be disappointed sublime vocals and excellent musicianship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoke Fairies - Through Low Light and Trees, 19 Nov 2010
J. P. Rake (London town) - See all my reviews
Two spectacularly talented girls who have written a beautiful, moving,almost haunting album. As many have commented, an inspired cross between traditional English folk and American blues, particularly the slide guitar, and some slightly more indie songs. The harmonies of these two soaring voices is incredible, but you really have to see them live to appreciate what amazing girls they are. Album of the year? Without a shadow of doubt. My new favourte band? Stupid question really. GO AND SEE THE LIVE!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars HMMMMM, Not yet sure..., 13 Feb 2012
I bought this on strength of a vid I saw online. That song was gorgeous !!! It's called 'Strange Moon Rising'

I'm a little let down by the balance of the album - though I've only listened to it three times. Hopefully it will be a slow burner.

I'm not going to give a track-by-track review, but I would like to say that I think the hype around this band is a little OTT. Sorry if you don't agree.

It's an album that, if it doesn't grab me in the next few plays will be stuck at the back of my collection of cd's... and will rarely see the light of day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great new band, 12 April 2011
Mr. T. Shield (Inverness Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent CD from a new band with a unique sound. One to follow in the future. I look forward to maybe seeing them live some day.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Through Low Light And Trees (Audio CD)
Could say lots about this album but why bother - it's the best thing I have heard in ages and it's fab. So just buy it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Through Low Light And Trees
Through Low Light And Trees by Smoke Fairies (Audio CD - 2010)
Click for more info