5.0 out of 5 stars Stephanie saved my sanity
I'm 83 years old, technically naive as far as computers are concerned,apart from using Word, and I decided to 'have a go' at getting my book 'The Tree That Walked' on the Amazon Kindle book list.
Published on 8 Sept. 2011 by Alan Grainger

3.0 out of 5 stars I've removed my comments
I recently posted a review of this book which was negative, my downloaded copy has blank chapters throughout and I blamed the author for this. After having read her response I realise I was probably too quick to judge. I have since deleted my original review and instead post the authors response and my apology to her.

Stephanies response

Mark, I have...
Published on 21 Nov. 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephanie saved my sanity, 8 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Self Publishing Ebooks: The Absolute Beginner's Step-by-Step Guide To Ebook Publishing (Kindle Edition)
I bought a Kindle reader and half a dozen books which I hoped would help me to do it ... some chance; the first five were totally incomprehensible and it was only when I read Stephanie's words that the clouds began to part.
I'd originally allowed myself a week to get up an running on Kindle but, by slavishly following what she advised I was uploaded and accepted on Kindle in a day, with the bonus of being on the Smashwords platform which puts me out into the whole e-book market. Fantastic.
I strongly advise anyone wanting to 'Kindle' their writings to buy Stephanie's book. I did and it saved my sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 8 Oct. 2011
This book is a gem. I can't believe how much information Is packed into it. I'm about to get 2 ebooks off the ground and was feeling daunted by the prospect. Not any more. Stephanie Zia has done all the hard part for me. Covering publishing across multiple formats and markets there's a step by step guide that I feel confident even a bit of a techno klutz like me can manage. Plus loads of top tips and links to advice. Unbelievable value.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Plain Guide To Publishing Your eBook, 26 July 2012
To be honest, I'm not found of guides. Often they fall short of telling you what
you need to know, but excel in telling you the blindingly obvious.

Not this one. Stephanie Zia tells you what you want to know, and need to know,
and what you never realised you needed to know. If you only ever buy one book
on ePublishing, this is the one to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, 10 Mar. 2012
In the process of writing my first eBook (Swim Freestyle Well) for PDF, Kindle & Apple iPad iBooks 2. Downloaded several eBooks for research & guidance. Stephanie's offering is well written, contains masses of useful stuff, dead easy to follow & costs less than a cup of UK coffee. Highly recommended. eCommerce at its best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 1 May 2011
Liberation (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been interested in writing ebooks and getting them published and sold. The process is described in detail in this book and saved me hours in putting together a suitable ebook and then publishing it here on Amazon. For the price it offers excellent value for money and well worthwhile getting a copy.

How to Build an Article Writing Business and Earn $100 an Hour!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great help to my publishing project, 15 Oct. 2010
I came across this book at exactly the right time. I wanted to self-publish my book "Back to the Black: how to become debt-free and stay that way" and I did indeed have a tight budget.

Stephanie Zia's book was recommended by my coach and I soon found that it "does what it says on the tin". It is extremely helpful, full of practical information and advice, set out in a logical way, and it is easy to read. Moreover the font used, Arial Narrow 14pt, was the most readable I have come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Jun. 2012
Such a concise little gem of a book, providing a quick entry into a big area. I'm off to publish something!

Robert Morschel
mulledvine.com

3.0 out of 5 stars I've removed my comments, 21 Nov. 2012

Stephanies response

Mark, I have written to Amazon KDP and asked them to look into this and either re-send the file to your Kindle or give you a refund. New proofs are always checked on republishing and I have just downloaded the file again from KDP to my Kindle reader to see what is going on - all the words are there loud and clear! This is a technical issue beyond my control. My sincere apologies to you, Stephanie

Stephanie
On reflection I'm sure the most likely reason is a technical issue as you suggested, otherwise I wouldn't be the only one commenting on it. Also, I'm obviously in the minority as your other reviews are indeed very positive. With this in mind my previous comments now seem misleading and harsh, especially as I haven't actually even read your book, which is why my original review is now deleted.
My apologies to you stephanie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful!, 22 April 2011
L. Voss "Louise Voss" (SW London) - See all my reviews
A fantastically brisk, snappy and practical guide to publishing an e-book - all the salient points are covered, and I love the step-by-step hand-holding nature of the instructions for the techie aspects! It's a quick, easy read, and will be undeniably useful for anyone embarking on the great adventure that is e-publishing! It certainly was for me.

Louise Voss
Author of Killing Cupid
Killing Cupid: A Psychological Crime Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A to Z of Self Publishing an e-book, 17 Mar. 2014
Nicholas Cooper (Ramsgate, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this when I started to realise that finding a conventional publisher for my novel, A Hand in God's Till, was using up too much of my time and energy and that my best option was to explore the possibilities on Amazon.
Stephanie Zia has specifically targeted the writer wanting to publish on KDP, iBooks, etc., with a well constructed layout of short chapters taking the writer throughout all the essentials, from preparing the manuscript to uploading and promoting the final book.
An excellent introduction for the beginner wary of the many pitfalls of self publishing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›