on 9 January 2013
This does it's job but the main problem is that it is an absolute dust magnet. Clean the dust off and within a couple of hours it's really dusty again. However it makes up for this by being sturdy and hardwearing and a much safer way to store your sraightening irons.
on 25 November 2012
Bought this for my girlfriends Christmas present. The mat looks a good quality and has done my girlfriend a year of service now. The only downside is although it changes colour because there is no heat distribution in the mat it only changes colour under the straighteners meaning you cannot see the change without moving the straighteners
on 31 December 2013
I bought this for my sister as a Christmas present as I own one myself and think it is really handy. Great for curling wands which often don't have anything for the hot barrel to rest on. Non slip also so the wand does not roll off. Great purchase!
on 22 May 2013
This is like a thick rubber mat which changes colour when it heats up. It's well made, but does get covered in dust which you can't just brush off, but the main thing is it stops me worrying about whether I've left my straighteners on or not. Funny I haven't forgot to turn them off once since I got it!
on 3 January 2014
this is for my dresser as im always worried about burning my side. its great as u can tell the straighteners or curlers r still hot. only down side is that it collects dust and u have to wipe it with a wet cloth.
on 21 December 2012
Ive only given 4 stars because you can't seal this around the straightners, it's a mat but I thought I could of secured it around the straightners, my fault for not reading it correctly having said that does the job
on 19 December 2013
I bought this as a spare (I travel for work so have another one at home) as I already have the pink one. What can I say except they work and are handy for travel too.
on 11 June 2013
I didnt realise just how hot the straightners got until i bought this, its fantastic and the visual change makes it easy to tell when they can be packed away.
on 2 March 2014
This is is really good for protecting furniture surfaces and changes colour when hot straighteners or hot brush is in contact with the mat for too long.
on 28 February 2014
this product will save me a fortune in carpet, I can glance at it to see if hair straighteners are on due to the colour change technology

See one answered question