5.0 out of 5 stars Less Clutter, Less Stress
I am a fairly relaxed person who has always had lots of "stuff." I found it difficult to let go of things," they might be useful", "it s a waste to get rid of it as it hasn t been used!" So things piled up around the house and when you wanted to find something it became a nightmare. I tried getting organised,boxes to store the stuff I didn t use appeared and then where to...
Published on 9 Jan 2011 by A Happier Person

3.0 out of 5 stars Basically a de-cluttering book
While it's true that there are four main sections of this book, the bulk of it is a room-by-room de-cluttering guide using the acronym STREAMLINE for each room. This made it feel really over-padded, which I thought ironic considering it was a book about minimizing things.

To my mind, Aslett's Clutter's Last Stand does a better job of motivating a major...
Published on 31 May 2011 by Dr. K. E. Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes you think!, 19 Aug 2013
Seaside Sue (Sussex England) - See all my reviews
There are a lot of books out there on how to organize your life but I really liked the first part of this book which gave a quirky angle on how to think about stuff with some good scenarios. As other reviews have said, the application of the basic principles to each room leads to some repetition but it does mean that you can dip into whichever area you want to concentrate on. I shall keep this on my shelf as a reminder of how to keep on top of stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 3 Aug 2013
As you read this book you will find yourself decluttering before you finish the book. It is for everyone who needs encouragement to get started. Francine Jay's no nonsense way of writing and her advice is so good. Great book for such a small price. It literally can change how you think about all those possessions you just don't need any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical, useful and inspiring guide to decluttering., 28 July 2013
The book arrived on time and in good condition. I love the white, clean- looking cover with promise of what is to come when one starts to read. It is thoroughly inspiring in it's approach and can be used almost like a recipe when getting around to decluttering each room! Since reading this book I can't stop sorting out cupboards, drawers and whole rooms! Fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Get decluttering!!!, 21 July 2013
This review is from: The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading the book. Some of the book is common sense however, I did take on board the ideas presented within the book and apply it to my every day life and I now have less clutter around me. Use the book for guidance I do recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspired me to declutter, 1 July 2013
Ruth Jenkins (England) - See all my reviews
I think this is the best book I've read about decluttering (and I've read several). Part of my problem is that we have huge built-in cupboards in our house and the cupboards swallow up so much stuff that we no longer need or use. The idea of taking everything out and choosing what to keep (rather than choosing what to get rid of) is very simple but extremely effective. This book has inspired me to have a big clear-out, and I'm going to keep on STREAMLINE-ing my stuff. I'm also going to become a 'minsumer' - by buying less stuff in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very worthwhile read., 21 May 2013
This book is really well organised. I began by reading it right through before doing anything, although it made me eager to start decluttering.
Then I reread the philosophy section and jumped straight in after that. Like the author, I found it all very exciting and therapeutic.
I like the fact that it is easy to turn to any relevent chapter for help and encouragement, and, unlike some reviewers, I actually found the repitition helpful. Of course that could be an age thing as iIam in my 70's and forget very easily!
I am delighted with my results so far and am happy to give the book five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspirational, 20 May 2013
Teresa (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Excellent 'clutter free' style of writing, a great approach and very motivating. I also liked the fact that it is not like other books a 'hockey mom' or family oriented book and has no religious push like a lot of other similar books. I would not bother with any of the others but have re-read and dipped into this time and time again when I need inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable and inspiring read, 13 April 2013
Not too 'preachy' as you can get with some tomes on minimalism - positive and encouraging as well as thoughtful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, useful advice - highly recommended, 27 Mar 2013
Miss V. L. Walsh (UK) - See all my reviews
Simple, sensible, sound advice broken down into bite size approachable sections. Really makes you think about the necessity of the things you own or may consider owning. Is suggestive rather than didactic and helped me get underway on my own minimalist journey. I have read several books and blogs on the subject and this is the best by far, along with Miss Minimalist's blog. Useful to beginners and seasoned minimalists alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read and genuinely life changing, 18 Jan 2013
I love this book. Jay's warm, familiar and empathetic style make her thought provoking and at times challenging book a pleasure to read. This book has given me a practical tool kit with which to declutter my life and more importantly has made me reflect on the ethics of my consumer lifestyle. I am now a born again minsumer!