5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
This is an incredible bit of kit. I bought it for my wife as a rehabilitation aid and she is delighted with it. The autostart feature is excellent though it still needs a bit of practice to keep it going. This device is a lot more than a toy - I cannot believe how much it makes your muscles ache if you rev it up.
Published on 17 Sept. 2010 by WJ Rees

3.0 out of 5 stars Autostart? Really?
I must admit, I got fooled by reading autostart and assuming that meant clicking a button, this isn't the case. You essentially wind it up, like one of those toy cars you used to play with. I prefer using the string, it's simpler and more accurate. The Autostart feature is almost misleading, as it isn't clearly explained anywhere.
Other than that it's great, although...
Published 19 months ago by Yasumy

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Sept. 2010
WJ Rees (Near Swansea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powerball 250Hz Autostart Exercise Equipment (Old Version) (Sports)

4.0 out of 5 stars no strings, 24 Nov. 2010
this powerball is a lot easier to start than the other powerballs that need the string to start, you wind the inner ball with your thumbs to tighten and release when you start twirling the powerball with wrist, i bought to aid better blood circulation and exercise the arms and wrist because my arms were feeling numb with some dull ache in the fingers, it apparently helps carpal tunnel syndrome, rsi releives the symptons heres hoping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive and well made, 1 Jan. 2011
K. J. Southern (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
A colleague had a similar ball bought for him as a Secret Santa gift and it seemed tremendous fun. I searched and found this ball believing that no string is a good thing. I was right. Not having to rely on string to start the gizmo is very handy.

Your first attempt feels foolish (particularly when you try it in the "wrong" hand for the first time) but it is wonderful to see how quickly your hands and ears get use to the device. I mention ears because you will soon learn how well you are doing by the noises and pitch of the device. My son wanted a go which has led to us have competitions over the last couple of days because it is so addictive. You will be surprised at a) how much you sweat and b) how your arm can ache afterwards.

The packaging is very nice although a small printed manual would have been very handy, hence the fifth star being absent. There is a small CD supplied with it and there is plenty of help on the web although it seems odd to need a computer to find out how to use it. Having said that though you won't be disappointed when you've had a go. it is tremendous fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 3 May 2012
I bought this on recommendation from my physio, for building up wrist strength after surgery (been having physio for five months to get to this point) given that she uses them all the time and took a couple of attempts to start one with the string I thought the extra money for the autostart version was worth spending.

I've not been disappointed, it is very easy to start - if you have any sort of wrist problems the starter string is going to be tricky so I'd strongly recommend this version. You can use two hands to turn the inner ball if it's too hard to use just one hand (for starting). It also makes it really easy to get it going again after you fail to keep it spinning fast enough (which will happen often at the beginning, this is the whole point - it is meant to be difficult or it wouldn't give you any benefit).

After a few days of use - I can already feel the improvement in strength.....for those who say it isn't hard, try keeping it going at over 7,000 for more than five minutes and I can assure you that even people without any wrist injury will start to struggle, hold it out in front of you palm down (how physios teach its use) and you will feel the benefit in your forearm as well as the wrist.

As others have said the 'deluxe case' is actually a plastic shop display box so I'd recommend buying the case that Amazon sell to keep it clean and safe. A paper quick start guide for the different settings on the electronic display would make it perfect but it's still worth five stars as you can easily print them from the CD - which does include instructions for starting it - they are just on a different tab from the manual ones as the CD covers both versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got Me In A Spin!, 20 Aug. 2012
First the bad. I'm an Amazon Prime customer. Delivery was guaranteed for Saturday but it didn't arrive. When I checked the tracking information the delivery driver had stated that they had attempted delivery and left a card. This is simply not true, no attempted delivery when there were several people in the house and no card in the box. This is poor and Amazon need to get a hold of their delivery firms and keep them honest.

Now to the product. Well it's brilliant. I work out quite regularly and one of the things holding me back in my lifting is my grip strength. The Power Ball seemed like a better solution than traditional grip strengtheners. Am I glad I made that decision. Within an hour of opening the box I can sustain 8,000 RPM with my dominant hand and my forearm feels pumped, my hand is zinging yet there is no pain or pressure on my callouses. Genius product and I can tell it's going to be addictive!

3.0 out of 5 stars Autostart? Really?, 24 Oct. 2013
Other than that it's great, although it take a while to get use to the different programming options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is promises!, 30 Aug. 2012
Neil Rose (England) - See all my reviews
This is the Auto Start Gyro version. Finally I can use it without the string which was a bind to say the least. As usual the build is excellent. It really does help with muscle growth. I've also used it for injuries and will be doing so again after an operation in the future. I really should however, take a star of because of a design fault. The fact that the function buttons and read out panel is on top the ball. This should be inset into the ball so it is not digging into your hand, because you will find yourself gripping it really tightly. My hand bruised for a bit because of this but you get used it after a while. But I just can't take the star away as it is such a good product and I love using it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Autostart power ball, 29 Jan. 2011
I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Great for strengthening your forearms and wrists. No fiddly strings to worry about, just wind it back and away it goes.

4.0 out of 5 stars power to the ball, 8 Jan. 2011
irritating till you get the knack but a good way of toning arms. try two balls at once,its not easy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Mar. 2013
Bought on advice of physio to help a sprained wrist - has really helped . Self winder excellent and could not imagine why you would want to buy one you had to wind up.....

Powerball 250Hz Autostart Exercise Equipment (Old Version)
Used & New from: £19.98