5.0 out of 5 stars A great full body blast!
This program is a refreshing alternative to often repetitive and all too similar looking other "cardio-workouts":

-It is a hard one and literally keeps you moving for 58 out of the 60 minutes of the long workout.
-It uses a light and a mid-size weight to integrate kettle-bell style movements very effectively.
-It combines dynamic with intermittent...
Published on 13 Nov. 2010 by Terich

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a favourite
Published on 1 Mar. 2011 by SylviaJean

5.0 out of 5 stars A great full body blast!, 13 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Cardio Conditioning [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)

-It combines dynamic with intermittent static bodyweight moves / positions which adds to the challenge.
-It works all in all with mostly low-impact moves (practically no jumps) which is good news for people with knee or back issues. And there are no complicated choreographies.
-It challenges lower as well as upper body and your front as much as your back (in a good way).

Bob himself hardly takes part in the exercise but mainly gives clear and helpful instructions while his team gets worked hard (and punished by him if they pretend that it is too easy!).

It is a little odd that the shorter workout (20 minutes), although it is challenging as well, is quite a lot easier than the long workout, which is a pretty tough one; there is no in-between.

All in all a super workout DVD, which I highly recommend for it's depth, quality, challenge and overall value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a favourite, 1 Mar. 2011
SylviaJean (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I really didn't like this workout. Living in the UK I didn't know anything about Bob Harper so I read a lot of reviews of his exercise dvds on a USA site I use. Most of the reviewers love this dvd and rate it as very advanced although there are quite a few people felt the same as me. I didn't burn a huge amount of calories doing the workout (550 for 1hr 15mins) I didnt sweat a lot and I just didnt feel like I'd had a good workout. As the previous reviewer said, yes it is low impact which is good for joints, but it was very repetitive and I didnt find it advanced, although admittedly some of the individual exercises were, eg scorpion push-ups, which I hate!! In my opinion there are other more balanced and effective strength training workouts available eg Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, Jari Love's Extremely Ripped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another tip-top full body blast!, 22 Sept. 2011
The reason I'm coming to love Bob Harper is that he doesn't even begin to pretend that you can tip-toe round your lounge barely breaking a sweat for 20 mins a day and expect to see results in a week! You've got to really work your butt off whatever level you're at!

For me, this still isn't as hard as "pure burn super strength" but it's still pretty full on! You need a lighter set of weights for the arm work (seriously go light because there are some fast shoulder reps in here) and a heavy weight (you can go pretty heavy with this one as its mostly used kettle bell style!).

After a fairly gentle stretchy warmup, you go into a long series of dead lift, suitcase swings, kettlebell style swings and squats that slowly get your heart rate tripping along, before a series of walk out push ups into mountain climbers, jump squats and jacks.

There is some repetition of sections and your heart rate will go up and down for the full hour. The last five minutes or so concentrates on some standing abs work that lets your heart rate come right down while you engage your core.

The short 20 min work out is aimed at core and glute and is not meant to be a cardio workout - I tack it on the end of the full workout - its a series of balance moves with weights that really engage your legs and core.

I enjoyed this as a work out and think it does what it says,and as ever Bob keeps you going with the pushing and encouraging along the way!

I ordered this from all your music and again got region zero DVD that plays on any player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Had my fitness-trainer boyfriend doubled over before half way..., 19 Dec. 2011
As you can imagine from the title... it's tough! I love Bob Harper and have all of the Inside Out series (apart from the recently released Kettle bell ones and 'Bob's Workout' which is sadly only available in America. They always get me sweaty and after just under 2 months of mixing this particular dvd with running I have lost a stone. Bob does say you need to do intense exercise 4/6 times a week to see a difference and he's right. The weight loss wont come to you... you have to go and get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, 11 Jan. 2013
Hard in places and makes you sweat.if you really want to get into shape you must give bobs DVDs a try

Cardio Conditioning [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]