on 1 March 2014
Only just had it but it seems to be ok. The sound is good and it pauses and plays from the same position which is the main feature I want it to do. It has a lot of features I will never use so I can't comment on whether they work or not. The clip on ear buds are a bit fiddly but I have other ear phones that I always use so it doesn't matter. I only ordered it to play audio books rented from the local library. Looked at MP3 but audio books are so expensive and the library has loads of them in cd format for £1-50 rental charge which is very cheap. Weighed it up and decided to buy a cheap cd player and the money saved will pay for the cd player. Can't carry it around like an mp3 but it will fit in a sweat top pocket ok. However I use it mainly when sitting down to do a bit of knitting whilst my husband watches telly. Delivery was within 5 days and item was well packaged. For audio books and old cd collections you can't fault it. Other people say the batteries are hard to fit but I found it easy to do and the controls on the side are small but again they are easy to use so yes for the money it is a good product. Ps played War of the Worlds on it and the sound was brilliant!
on 30 September 2012
I purchased this to replace another CD player by Sony, the reason was the other one was'nt available, saying that its great except I find the controls difficult as they are on the side, they would be better on the top. I also prefer the in bud earphones but have these already. I find getting the batteries changed diffucult because of the position of them. It does a good job and worth considering when purchasing a CD player.
on 14 November 2013
An excellent product! I had a cheap CD player which skipped at the slightest touch, and stopped working within a month.

This Walkman does everything it says it does. Also - not having bought a power lead when listening at home - it has excellent battery life too.

It also remembers the exact place you were on when you stopped listening.

Altogether a superior product for those of us - like me - who still listen to CDs.
on 8 July 2012
The instructions for this Walkman are inadequate and presume more knowledge than some users,such as myself, have.
Once I had bought a charger and experimented with the controls I found it excellent for listening to audiobooks near a power outlet. I have not yet exhausted my first AA battery so cannot say how long this will last. I am ancient and find the controls a bit small, they would be very difficult to use if ones fingers were at all numb.
As I don't bother with music I can't comment on the reproduction! More advise from somewhere as to what is a suitable player for audiobooks would be helpful.
on 14 December 2012
The sound is still as good as the previous one I had, but I hate the controls being on the side. Makes it difficult to see the little view screen and work the controls when I carry it around.
on 19 September 2013
Reasonably good but thought it would have been better! I have had another sony model for 13 years which was fantastic but I can't find the same model so opted for this. Buttons at the front are a bit fiddly and I am not so into the earphones which have a loopy design to go round your ear. they say mega bass but it doesnt seem so bassy to me?? Maybe my original one was a higher standard and more expensive model? No mains adapter with this one. If you are a real music buff I would suggest you consider something better but if you are happy with a basic walkman then this will do the job.
on 11 October 2014
Batteries don't last long in this product. Controls are way too small and fiddly. I use it to listen to talking books and music. Like the clip style earbuds though. Warning: due to shape of this product is it easy to drop and once dropped - it is not worth repairing. I have done this.
on 21 March 2014
This is an excellent great value for money CD player, it would have got 5 stars if only it had contrasting colours or better raised indications on the controls. These are difficult to see or feel and the only gripe for me. It sounds great good for music and my language CDs. Quality product as expected from Sony.
on 4 June 2014
The sound quality is good. However, getting batteries in and out of the battery compartment is unnecessarily tricky, which I attribute to poor design. Also, Sony do not supply a power lead, although they advise that the Walkman can be used with one. I have tried to purchase a suitable power lead on three occasions, and none of those that I have tried seem to work. Why can't Sony just supply one in the first place? Very annoying.
on 21 September 2013
Machine very good. No jumping or hissing clear sound. Well packaged. The ear phone part not good the wire comes out easily and so spoils the listening. Not made well.