5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It's been on my 'to be era's list for a long time. Finding it was one of the kindle unlimited titles, I took advantage and all I can say is I wish I'd read it sooner.
Published 5 months ago by Kel A

1.0 out of 5 stars possibly the worst written book I have ever read
I was compelled to finish this book because I wanted to see if the writing could get any worse. But it exceeded my expectations. A storyline beyond unbelievable, wooden characters and sentences that never used 10 words where 20 would do.
Published 13 months ago by disco willy

1.0 out of 5 stars possibly the worst written book I have ever read, 12 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Oct. 2014
Kel A (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
A book rich with culture, religion, family, love, hate, war...and much more. It draws you in, I read most of this book in one sitting-I just finished it and it's 2am, read this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
A very interesting book, showing us the importance of remembering that first of all we are humans, the rest isn't important. This book makes you think, why are we doing to ourselves what we are doing. I recommend this book to anybody who think religious is the most important part of our lives....maybe after reading it, he/she will agreed it is not.....

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 24 May 2014
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
Am so pleased with my purchase, exactly as described, Superfast delivery.Great service, I will return to this seller and highly recommend to everyone

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful book, 11 April 2014
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
This book is, quite possibly, one of the worst books I have ever read. Whilst the premise is good - devout Jewish girl meets fundamental Muslim and falls in love. The story, as written by this author, is beyond ridiculous. Both young people quickly abandon their upbringing and belief systems, there are too many convenient coincidences and as for the way it is written..... 'The plane took off. The plane landed.'

What could have been an excellent portrayal of cross cultural struggle is, instead, a trite, chick-lit style novel which stretches the bounds of incredulity. Sadly I haven't yet finished this sorry tale and can't wait to do so since I never leave a book unfinished.

I finally finished this book. My opinion has not changed. Dreadful book, a waste of time and money - not something I usually say about any book.

When reading a work of fiction, unless it is fantasy of course, I think the story should, on some level, be believable. Reading a story of such convenient coincidences and strokes of luck as this one just detracts from the whole purpose of reading - it is impossible to immerse oneself in the story as it is just so trite, the characters are two-dimensional at best. Whilst I expect to escape from every day life when I read I also want something that grabs my imagination and emotion. The young woman who is one of the main protagonists comes from a wealthy family, she is a journalism student who writes the most amazing articles - how does she possibly have the time? Unrealistic. Her boss is so keen to have her write for him, despite her age and lack of experience, he provides the company apartment, in Manhattan, for her and her husband in return for one article a month - Unbelievable. Plot lines are signposted well in advance - for example, the continual references to a work place in the World Trade Centre.

The best part of this novel comes in the last few pages with a surprise plot twist that I didn't see coming - unlike the rest of them.

Not recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
Found the book very easy reading and quite informative. Have recommended it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A BRILLIANT READ, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
One of the best books I have read in a long time. I absolutely loved it.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
Great idea for a story, but the writing is so poor, almost childlike, that it totally negates any possibility of enjoying what should have been a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
One of the best books I have ever read in my life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Other Half of My Soul (Kindle Edition)
Most disappointing, a load of rubbish.

The Other Half of My Soul