5.0 out of 5 stars 58mm lens filter set by Polaroid
I have used Polaroid filters for a long time so there was no other choice for me for my new 70-300mm zoom. Very well made, they come in a handy wallet that will either fit in your bag or your pocket. They even include information on when each of the 4 filters should be used. Great buy
Published 22 months ago by C. Hart

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible view
Published 3 months ago by J. Mackay

5.0 out of 5 stars 58mm lens filter set by Polaroid, 6 Jun 2012
C. Hart (Herts, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible view, 3 Jan 2014
J. Mackay "clichegoth" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I was only really interested in this set for the obvious two components the UV filter and the CPL. The UV filter is fine and does exactly what you'd hope. Whereas the CPL is simply horrible. Stood under the crystal clear sky of the desert I decided to apply the CPL and really bring out the blue against the sand and rocks. However, as I rotated the CPL what was revealed to me was not a steadily increasing gradient nor linear reduction of light\reflection. I would have even settled for stark gradiated lines, but instead it presented a very concentrated purple dot which radiated outwards in a starburst pattern. It was utterly unusable and in a situation where I was relying on it and unable to obtain an alternative. This product is simply not fit for purpose in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe useful for some, not so useful for me, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Polaroid Optics 52mm HD Multi Coated Glass 4 Piece Filter Set (UV, CPL, FLD, WARMING) (Accessory)
I was searching the market for a circular polariser when I stumbled across this set, I couldn't believe the reasonable price considering they're Polaroid.

Anyway, please see my brief description of each lens:

Fluorescent Light: This purple filter is designed to take the green tinge often found in photos that are taken under artificial light. I used this filter a couple of times but found it to be useless, it gave all my photos a purple tinge... Now tell me if I'm being fussy, but if I don't want a green tinge in my photos, what good is replacing it with a purple one?

Circular Polariser: This filter is supposed to cut down glare from the sun on certain objects, specifically windows and water surfaces... I found this filter difficult to use, I would stand for ages turning the filter very slowly to get it to polarise in the correct direction, I would say 9 times out of 10 I failed, this possibly could be because I'm using it incorrectly but I read several pieces of literature regarding these filters and I used it as directed, with very limited results.

Warm Filter: As the name suggests, this filter adds a brightening effect to dark pictures by simply giving your photos a yellow boost, it works but could be easily carried out using a photo editor.

Ultra-Violet Filter: Does exactly as the name suggests and filters out UV light, This filter has two advantages (in my opinion). First of all, you can keep this filter attached to your camera at all times, which acts as a protector for your lenses. Secondly I personally have found pictures to be sharper and clearer when taken through a UV filter, this is an added benefit.

For me, the only good filter in this set is the UV filter, I can buy these separately and very cheaply... so in hindsight I wouldn't have purchased this set. I must also point out that filters have there own inherent problems, two such problems are light flares, the more filters you attach to your camera, the more sun spots and blotches you'll see in your photographs, so I would recommend using a hood when using any filter. Do not use more than one filter at a time, this will ruin the quality of your photos.
Second problem for me is the tedium of constantly screwing and unscrewing the damned filters, it can become very irritating and time consuming, especially if you already have to juggle with other camera accessories too.

To summarise, I would say that this is a good set if you have no problem with any of the cons I've listed above, otherwise, just buy a 4 UV filter and leave it there.

Thanks for reading.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap rubbish, 22 Dec 2013
Mr. A. Poole "podgioli" (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
A cheap plastic material for the filters which is nowhere near being fully transparent. Will ruin the work from any good quality camera & lens. It was quite cheap, otherwise would have rated one star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value, 12 Dec 2013
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I purchased this filter set for my new Sigma 10-22 zoom lens, primarily for the UV filter and secondly as I have purchased a similar set of both for my 18-55 and 50-250 zoom lens as well; sadly they all require different size filters, hence three purchases. At the price, these filters offer outstanding value. I must say that there are many reviewers who may have a point regarding more expensive and marginally better filters, but for me as an enthusiastic "snapper" these are ideally priced for the whole set at less than the cost of a single UV filter say from Hoya.

In use, apart from the UV, I do use the polaroid filter, particularly on bright days when I like to particularly enhance the colour saturation when photgraphing landscapes with the wide angle zoom and when on holiday in warmer climates, I keep one on all of my lens for pretty much the whole time. Some have stated that the quality of the polaroid filter is not that good and I acknowledge their opinion, but from my experience the polaroid filter is fine, it does reduce glare,reflection and provides me with the depth of colour which I like to see in my shots. I could of course use photoshop, but I really don't have the time to manipulate my shots and really just like to see them, particularly if I have spent time composing them in the first place.

In regards to the warm filter and the FLD, the former is pretty good if I remember to use it, but I confess to preferring to adjusting warmth on the computer; which contradicts the comment in the previous paragraph and the FLD stays at home.

Overall, there are better filters on the market, but for me they represent excellent value and are worth the cost for the UV filter alone, oh yes there is a little case too to keep the polariser snug if you have not fitted it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 very good everyday filters, 1 April 2012
Does exactly what is said on the tin good quality product and well made. At this price you cant go wrong you have 4 very good everyday filters that are well protected in the case provided

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set of filters, 14 May 2012
Being an amateur Photographer a friend of mine strongly advised getting some filters for the lenses I have, I chose these because i recognized the Polaroid name and actually I'm very happy I did. The 4 filters in the set are nicely constructed and the little carry case is very handy for storage when they aren't on a lens. I was so impressed by them I also bought the 72mm set of filters by Polaroid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product! Great Value!, 23 Feb 2014
I have been using these a lot, they are very good and the glass has no blemishes or marks (they might need a wipe with a micro fibre cloth though) and will not reduce photo quality. The only downside to these is that the effects from the filters are not actually that strong but theyre 14.99 so im not complaining. These are definitely worth having and are much than the other super cheap lens fliters like Xit (which blur all around the edge of the filter)

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 18 Feb 2014
Bought as a gift, boyfriend has used only to test and they appear to be excellent quality and to do what they are supposed to, need to get out with the camera more! I am very happy with this purchase :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Feb 2014
4 filters for less than the price of one - and in a wallet. The quality seems just fine and the Polaroid name lends confidence. I'd buy again.

ARRAY(0xaa3b445c)