5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor angle adjusatment
Published on 2 May 2012 by Creatorman

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
Just got round to using this piece of kit for the job it was purchased for and it has exceed my expectations. It was a replacement for an earlier Bosch jigsaw that lacked the bells and whistles this one has. Features such as the cutting guide, electronic control (variable speed cutting) and blower function are obvious. It is the little tweeks and attention to detail such as the 'sight' at the front of the cutting platform that make this for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality piece of kit, 24 Jan 2012
L Williams "les-williams" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 1:12 Mins

The jigsaw is supplied in a case and is fitted with a generous 2.5 metres of cable; the jigsaw fits in the case with the blade attached. The saw is supplied with one blade, a speed blade for wood; the case has room for a plastic cased set of blades clipped in with the instruction manual and there is also room for 6 blades in the blade storage on the jigsaw, I've shown that in the video.
Although this is quite a big jigsaw, compared with my previous one, it is very comfortable to hold, the rubber coating means you have a solid grip. There is no vibration and the variable speed makes a huge difference; it also has plenty of power. Blade changing is easy (they do recommend you wear gloves though)
There is a blower at the front to keep the blade clear, this worked well although it is a pity there is no light, only the more expensive PST 900 has that. I used this jigsaw to cut shapes out of 18mm thick oak flooring and it had no problem with that. As these were primarily small irregularly shaped cuts I had no need for the Cut-Control device which clips onto the jigsaw to help you follow a line; there is also a splinter guard to prevent chipping when sawing laminate.
This jigsaw is aimed at the keen domestic DIY market and as such Bosch offer a 24 month warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jigsaw, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
Bought along with Bosch Saw Station. Reluctant at first to buy new jigsaw as over the years always disappointed with accuracy. However this Bosch 800 is great, compact, powerful and versatile. Easy to change blades and blade storage (2blades) built-in.

Nearly did not buy from Amazon as no mention of carrying case in the description, so it was a very pleasant surprise to find the jigsaw came in a sturdy plastic carrying case with room to store blades and accessories.

Delivered next day even though I opted for standard free delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new jigsaw, 5 Oct 2011
Mr. Roy Fisher (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
My old Bosch jigsaw at least twenty years old has been used considerably but will be replaced by a new one. I have read various reviews and decided to choose another Bosch - PST 800 PEL. Having just finished the job it was bought for all I can say is it was SUPERB. All controls worked smoothly cannot find fault. Money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch PST 800 PEL Jigsaw, 6 Oct 2011
Callawave (Dorset. England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
I've got a Black & Decker jigsaw that must be thirty years old. It still works fine but recently developed a different motor-tone so I thought it was time to treat myself to a new one and WOW!
Jigsaws have come a long way since the eighties. Lighter, more compact, quieter, smoother running and with the vacuum attachment I purchased with it, a lot less dusty to use.
I'm very impressed with this Bosch PST 800 so far. I'll be chuffed-to-bits if it lasts half as long as my old Black & Decker.
It gets 5 Stars and a high recommendation from me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor angle adjusatment, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
A good tool for straight lines at the vertical in thin material but after that there are problems. The adjustment to do 45 degree angle cuts is VERY poor and you can get a wide variation. The other bad point is try as I might in thick materials the blade has a mind of it's own! I tried every combination of blade and speed but never achieved a 90 degree straight cut in any wood over 20mm (yes I was using new Bosch blades!). A poor show from Bosch.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
I am a 61 female doing diy for the first time, I bought this saw hoping to be able to cut straight lines, it is perfect, easy to use, I would recommend this saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
Was a little uncertain when buying due to the other reviews. Was going to buy one of the cheaper models but glad I decided to go for this model. It's a jigsaw so nothing new in how it works. Used for resin board flooring and it cut through it with ease. Made me realise how cheap my last jigsaw was. The blower function was good, blowing most of the dust away, although not perfect. Nice features with the blade storage and the removable guide was moderately useful. Blade removal very easy although the dust shield can be a little stubborn to remove and appears to be a little brittle. I don't think it'll last too long if you're too rough with it. Overall it,s excellent and would definitely buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot more powerful than I thought, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
Had to cut new floorboards down to size for two rooms and this was fantastic at doing that , it ate through the wood like a hot knife through butter it saved me a lot of time I'm very happy with this buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an improvement!, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Bosch PST 800 PEL 530 Watt Compact Jigsaw (DIY & Tools)
I bought this from Amazon's French site to replace an old Bosch simple jig saw which has never been more than adequate. What an improvement! I need to cut out a hole in a kitchen worktop for a sink and when I last did this with my old Bosch, the blade wandered all over the place, the edge was splintered despite protecting with tape and the whole job was so SLOW. I decided now was the time to upgrade.......... Pairing the saw with a T308BFP blade (this is a normal up-cut bade rather than the down-cut variant normally recommended for cutting laminated worktop from the top side), I did a few test cuts in an old offcut of 38mm worktop. The blade cut accurately and quickly with an edge that, to the eye, was absolutely vertical. And there was not the faintest sign of splintering on the top surface, even without applying tape - I was really impressed.

So the job should now go smoothly, providing I get my measurements right (not like the bloke I heard of who took his back door off to fit a cat flap, spent ages positioning the cut the right distance from the edges and, after making the cutout, fitting the cat flap and rehanging the door, found he'd put the flap in the top right corner of the door, not the bottom left!).