4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lights for the money
I bought two of these lights to use at my studio in Brighton.
I already have 2 Bowens which I use as my main lights but needed a couple of extras to light the background.
Published 23 months ago by PHILIP BIGG

3.0 out of 5 stars Too powerful for most applications
Published on 7 Mar. 2012 by Steve

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lights for the money, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Studio Flash Head HP 300W with 75W Modeling lamp Unit Lighting (Electronics)
I bought two of these lights to use at my studio in Brighton.
I have not been disappointed - the lights are very powerful and work well. I also have managed to wedge a Viewfinder made beauty dish on to the front which fits perfectly so I can also use it as a main light.
For the price I suggest you buy a couple. I have only had them for a month but so far no complaints and as the prices of more well known brands are 5 times the price - why not?

5.0 out of 5 stars studio Flash Head lamp, 31 Mar. 2014
very happy with this studio head light , very powerful head light ,works well with the rest of my studio lights

3.0 out of 5 stars Too powerful for most applications, 7 Mar. 2012
On the whole well made but in my opinion too powerful unless you have a big studio and wish to position your Flash at least 8-10 feet from subject. Also have to agree with previous reviewer that this flash only goes down to a 1/4 full power and not 1/8 as it claims on the Neewer website.I have tested mine several times much to my frustration. This makes it slightly annoying to use as a Fill Light but suppose as a powerful main light it would be ok. Because flash has to be used at such distance it has a standardised feel to the final results. In my opinion a Flash that wont dimmer down by more than 3 stops is not that versatile. Also this Seller never responds to emails which is most annoying.Some reviewers have suggested that these units are only 110Volts but mine states that its 220V, therfore compliant with UK voltage. On the whole its a well made flash unit with many good features just not for me!