on 21 October 2014
Nice clear display for my less than 20/20 vision - though sometimes a quick glance has confused me as the white 'Ironman' logo made my poor braing think the minute hand was on 'quarter-to'.
The indiglo backlight seems way better than edge-lit LCD.
Setting up was a breeze.
Buttons don't dig-in or change things when you crank your wrist and they don't catch on (my) short-sleeve.
A good basic watch.
I can't speak for reliability or accuracy yet (I've only had it a week), though no doubt I will be back here moaning if it's bad :)

UPDATE1:
I'm back with a reliability report.
The mechanical part has stopped. Digital still going.
Two months old and needs repair/replacement.
Pity, the digital display is very good, but the hands don't move.
Next stage is to see how good the supplier is at sorting it...

UPDATE2:
I decided to send it back to Timex (cost £5).
They returned it VERY promptly.... UNREPAIRED.
How do I change my rating to ZERO stars?
Never again Timex.
on 30 May 2012
Was looking for a basic sports watch . This fulfills it perfectly has all the basic stop watch functions, is very light, the strap feels good. It is easy to set. Plus it looks good. Like the fact that you can turn off the digital display. Shame that the bezel does not rotate. At the prize it is in my mind a good buy.
on 9 January 2013
I've generally been concerned at the decline in TIMEX quality of late, and bought this with something of a reserve. While it does seem slightly higher priced than I'd expect, I can only agree with the other reviews here overall.

Tough, smart, light, simple, useful functions, rugged and sporty but smart enough to go with a shirt and tie, affordable and has drawn some compliments already. Feels good on the wrist, and seems well made though I agree a pity the bezel cannot move. IRONMAN seems to be a worthy competitor to G-Shock. My job is demanding and this thus far has stood up well, in addition to surviving sea diving to 40m off Hurghada and Cozimel.

Hopefully spare straps can be acquired, or similar ones found, as it is an excellent watch with useful twin features - it should have a good long service life that should not be cut short by non-availability of straps!
on 17 April 2014
I was looking for a waterproof sports watch at a reasonable price and picked this up off the Amazon Todays deal offers. It was marked at over £70 and I would not recommend this at that price I paid £27.28 and that is about right. Dont get me wrong it is not a bad watch and it does what it is supposed to do and is easy to operate. I just strongly think it does not feel like a watch worth over £70
on 21 October 2015
Excellent watch, the only thing letting it down is the "IRONMAN" writing which is in WHITE, adjacent to the 9, can be mistaken for the minute hand that is also in white. Often think it is a quarter to something when is is not.
on 7 January 2015
Great function watch & looks good too. The ability to switch off the digital display is great to formalise it.

However. . .

After 5 months the analogue adjusting knob fell out (had used that part twice in the time - to adjust for Daylight saving). Supplier replaced no questions, so happy to take exact replacement.

13 mths on, the knob fell off this one too - again less than a dozen uses. Outside 12mth warranty so supplier won't replace. Time to write to TIMEX!

Won't purchase this model again, but will keep with Ironman watches. Shame.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 September 2015
2nd or 3rd watch I have had like this. Hard to get hold of this model now but I still prefer it to having completely digital.
on 15 August 2014
Great. Wanted a watch with indiglo lighting and analog/digital time. Works great and looks good. Very pleased.
on 8 February 2015
I bought this for timing lenghs in the pool. It works brilliantly. Its also a great day watch too.
on 16 December 2014
too small and display incorrect

See one answered question