Colour: Smoke|Size: XX-Small|Change
Price:£25.94+ £2.95 shipping

on 4 October 2012
I bought these because I wanted something to give me the closest possible experience to barefoot running, but with protection from the dirt and debris on the London streets. The Evoskins definitely do that job - the sensation is pretty close to barefoot, and they keep your feet clean and protect against injuries from broken glass, etc.

However, these shoes are not built to last. I would guess I've run no more than 50 miles in them, and already the soles are worn and splitting. The 'fingerprint' style tread started to wear off after just a couple of short runs, and has now gone completely.

The fit of these shoes isn't great. I find my little toes tend to pop out of their compartments when cornering, and generally my feet start sliding around uncomfortably inside the shoes as they get sweaty after a couple of miles.

I would recommend the Evoskins as a way to try out barefoot-style running over short distances, and for occasional wear. But they're definitely not suitable to use as your main running shoes, unfortunately.

I really wanted to love these shoes, and I hope Inov-8 will find a way to make them more robust in future.
on 25 April 2012
An extremely comfy 'barefoot' shoe. I chose these having just taken up treadmill running but with no love for conventional running shoes. I do have particularly sweaty feet and found I need socks to stop my feet sliding around inside, Ininji 5 finger lite liners fit well (or any brand that is very thin) and make the shoe look less weird. I am a (women's)size 6 to 6.5 and would say this is the largest UK size that will comfortably fit the Small. I also have very wide feet and there is plenty of room width-wise, so no pinching and an excellent price too.
The bonus is that you can chuck these in the washing machine if they need freshening up (or even the dishwasher!)
on 2 February 2012
I started running completely barefoot a few months ago (start very small as the previous reviewer says as it's a lot of strain on the calves), and really wanted something just to wrap round my feet to protect them a little. These are perfect! Yes, you can feel the terrain underfoot and the occasional thorn or sharp stone, but these shoes stop them from sticking in your foot, and part of the pleasure of barefoot running is feeling different types of terrain underfoot. They stay on well and I've even been trail running in them; across muddy fields and through woods, then found a puddle to rinse my foot off in then carried on. They can be rinsed off in the shower and dry in about 10 minutes. I've even been out in freezing temperatures - my feet might be a little cold to start off with but they soon warm up because all the muscles in them are working. Thanks Inov-8, genius things these are!
on 19 May 2014
I bought these thinking they would make a good aqua shoe for watersports and to carry with me when mountain hiking, to enable me to ford streams with some protection for my feet. Aside from being a litte heavy relative to the substance of the shoe, I think they will be ideal for this, as they would also be for messing about on the beach etc. I can't see why they are sold as even minimalist running shoes.

I am a distance runner and have experimented with various minimalist styles of footwear including Five Fingers and while I have run short distances in the latter (which I love for causal funky wear) even these are not ideal for me personally but I would not even consider running in Evoskins. The fit is not good enough especially for the toes and as others have commented they are very sweaty. The structure also isn't as good as even the lightest. most minimalist versions of Five Fingers. Frankly I am puzzled they are marketed for this purpose (perhaps trying to jump on the minimalist running band wagon?) when they are obviously far better suited to (designed for?) to other activities.

A word about the fit. I found the fit fairly good although if you are on the cusp between two sizes, I would opt for the smaller of the two. The toes are a little long for me as I have relatively short toes but this isn't overall too much of an issue. The fit is quite wide and when I first took them out of the packet I thought it would be too wide (they looked to be made for Hobbit feet) but infact they wrap around the foot so this is fine. In summary, great for watersports/beach/river swimming but not an (even minimalist) running shoe!
on 8 August 2014
I wish I could give it a 5, as I absolutely love walking in them. I just got a dog and do a lot of road, trail walking and random burst of running. Shoes were either too clunky, or didn't suit all purposes, and trainers were just too much bother for a short stroll. However, these shoes take care of it all and it also makes you feel so much happier being able to feel the twigs, stones and EARTH under your feet. I'm sure I'm getting a small reflexology session every time I walk in the woods.

HOWEVER, I only gave it a 4 because - a) They do look terrible. I have a blue pair and I look like Aqua Man. b) When walking off road, I find that lots of small bits of debris get into the shoe, get stuck inside, and rub against your skin. I've got a few grazes on my toes where this has happened, and initially I did stop to try and fish out the offending particle, but saw that actually, quite a lot of the earth had made its way into the shoe, so I stopped bothering.

Those are my only (minor) complaints, and the good definitely outweighs the negatives. I am considering getting a smoke coloured pair which hopefully may blend in more with normal attire...
on 28 March 2014
More sturdy than I thought, despite initial appearances. Odd-looking and awkward fastenings but allows superb "feel" of the ground while protecting your feet adequately from whatever you walk on.

However, for those in a cold country, I would recommend either toe socks or modifying normal socks by cutting the ends off, for an extra layer of warmth.
on 28 September 2015
I Bought these to try bare foot running, having tried these on around the house I found that the size I had ordered as too small, I returned the items and was issued with a refund. I may try another style as I have very narrow pointy feet and these shoes really don't seem to be designed for that my little toe didn't actually fit into the compartment for it. Over all I think they would have been very good for the money if they had been a better fit on me. if you have a standard foot shape then I would defiantly say give them a go for the money.
on 21 July 2014
these are made to fit some sort of idealised foot, meaning that some of my toes fit perfectly others don't at all, those with a Greek foot should not by these as the second toe will not fit yours. the shoes themselves are pretty inflexible once on your feet meaning you can't move or flex your toes when running to grip the ground, they don't stretch at the toes either so if on toe is a bit larger or even slightly curved it will be crushed up against the front of the shoe.

add to this that the sole doesn't provide nearly as much grip as advertised with your foot or the ground (seat doesn't cause this problem only makes it worse) and these shoes are pretty much an injury waiting to happen.
on 3 October 2015
Good fit, easy to put on and comfortable to run in for short distances. the only bad point is that if I run further than 3 miles my feet become sweaty and it becomes slippery inside the shoe making it very difficult to run in them.
on 8 June 2014
True barefoot experience. I find them comfortable but can't wear them for too long as my feet aren't strong enough yet, even though I've been in a pair of New Balance barefoots for a couple of years now, these feel completely different. They do get a little sweaty when I train in them down the gym but no where near as bad as some people suggest, I guess that depends on how sweaty a person you are?