5.0 out of 5 stars Weird but wonderful
Published 24 months ago by ffroglet

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but flawed
I bought these because I wanted something to give me the closest possible experience to barefoot running, but with protection from the dirt and debris on the London streets. The Evoskins definitely do that job - the sensation is pretty close to barefoot, and they keep your feet clean and protect against injuries from broken glass, etc.

However, these shoes are...
Published 18 months ago by Runner_Beans

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but flawed, 4 Oct 2012

However, these shoes are not built to last. I would guess I've run no more than 50 miles in them, and already the soles are worn and splitting. The 'fingerprint' style tread started to wear off after just a couple of short runs, and has now gone completely.

The fit of these shoes isn't great. I find my little toes tend to pop out of their compartments when cornering, and generally my feet start sliding around uncomfortably inside the shoes as they get sweaty after a couple of miles.

I would recommend the Evoskins as a way to try out barefoot-style running over short distances, and for occasional wear. But they're definitely not suitable to use as your main running shoes, unfortunately.

I really wanted to love these shoes, and I hope Inov-8 will find a way to make them more robust in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird but wonderful, 25 April 2012
ffroglet (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
An extremely comfy 'barefoot' shoe. I chose these having just taken up treadmill running but with no love for conventional running shoes. I do have particularly sweaty feet and found I need socks to stop my feet sliding around inside, Ininji 5 finger lite liners fit well (or any brand that is very thin) and make the shoe look less weird. I am a (women's)size 6 to 6.5 and would say this is the largest UK size that will comfortably fit the Small. I also have very wide feet and there is plenty of room width-wise, so no pinching and an excellent price too.
The bonus is that you can chuck these in the washing machine if they need freshening up (or even the dishwasher!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Return, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
I ordered the wrong size and so was fearful of a long drawn out wrangle but they accepted my return and duly dispatched a more fitting size - good.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do exactly what they're supposed to!, 2 Feb 2012
I started running completely barefoot a few months ago (start very small as the previous reviewer says as it's a lot of strain on the calves), and really wanted something just to wrap round my feet to protect them a little. These are perfect! Yes, you can feel the terrain underfoot and the occasional thorn or sharp stone, but these shoes stop them from sticking in your foot, and part of the pleasure of barefoot running is feeling different types of terrain underfoot. They stay on well and I've even been trail running in them; across muddy fields and through woods, then found a puddle to rinse my foot off in then carried on. They can be rinsed off in the shower and dry in about 10 minutes. I've even been out in freezing temperatures - my feet might be a little cold to start off with but they soon warm up because all the muscles in them are working. Thanks Inov-8, genius things these are!

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely comfortable, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
I toyed with the idea of getting vibram 5 finger shoes but was put off by the price. These however offer a true barefoot experience. They take some time getting used to, especially commuting around London and really make you watch every step. I wore only in summer and these are great for commuting as they roll up quite well in your bag to switch to heels. I havent tried running in them, as theres no parks near me and i think the impact. on concrete would be rather unpleasant. Note feet do get very wet and slip around in the shoe when it rains.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bare Feet, 7 April 2014
Julie Williams (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Misc.)
I have only given 4 stars as still trying to get used to them, especially fitting toes. Having wore heeled, pointed shoes for years, must admit toes are a bit squashed together. They are great if you like wearing no shoes, as protect tour feet, but definitely does not feel as if you are.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and uncomfortable, 4 April 2014
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
I would have given them a zero but I'm happy to believe my feet are partly to blame. I bought a 9-10 for my size 9 feet and they just fit. Except for one toe on each foot. They were immediately uncomfortable and a fast run on the treadmill had them flooded.
Nice concept but for me the material and fit just didn't work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
More sturdy than I thought, despite initial appearances. Odd-looking and awkward fastenings but allows superb "feel" of the ground while protecting your feet adequately from whatever you walk on.

However, for those in a cold country, I would recommend either toe socks or modifying normal socks by cutting the ends off, for an extra layer of warmth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for trail running, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
Perfect for running in but not for anything else. Still running is what I brought them for. So far I have covered 8 miles in them and they provide a good feel of the ground underfoot and offer some protection from stones and other sharp objects. At least half of this distance has been carried out off road on trails around parks where there are a lot of debris. Perfect for what I want. Only downside is they are not comforlltable if left on for a long time. In my case in the car on the way to run. Really minor downside to be honest.

3.0 out of 5 stars XL is supposed to be UK 11-12 but was too small for my size 11 feet, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
As title - I bought the biggest one which should fit me easily but it was too small, my toes would go to sleep. I cut the toes off thinking I could just add a little tape to lengthen them, and they turned out to be nearly 1cm too short. Looks like they would be just what I was looking for if they fit. I now have some toeless surf shoes, no big problem!

ARRAY(0xaed07fe4)