5.0 out of 5 stars A recent convert.........
I hate instant coffee, and would much rather go without rather than suffer something less than pleasant. However, I recently was sent a sample of this and gave it ago expecting the worst.

Published on 28 Oct 2010 by Bob's Mum

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I drink a lot of good instant coffee, and bought these to leave at a friends place ( a non-coffee drinker ) but I've thrown them away.

The taste is just plain not pleasant.

Published on 19 Dec 2010 by biro man

5.0 out of 5 stars A recent convert........., 28 Oct 2010
Bob's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Starbucks VIA Colombian Roast Coffee 7 Sachets (Pack of 12, Total 84 Sachets) (Grocery)

I have to admit I was really pleasantly surprised - Starbucks have managed to create a very acceptable instant alternative to filter coffee. And in the absence of filter coffee this is the next best thing. Simply add boiling (for best results make sure it really is boiling hot) water and you're done! (Add milk and sugar to your taste).

Its not proper nutty freshly ground coffee, but it is quite delicious and I'll happily have these handy sachets as a standby for work or home or travel when necessary.

Delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a sharp object to defend your self, 13 Sep 2010
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Unlike most people, I prefer not a weak coffee but a milder roast than the burnt stuff most coffee houses make that requires many accoutrements to mask like cream, sugar and artificial flavors. Therefore, I purposely only tried the Columbian.

I work in a place that has poorly serviced coffee "dispensing machines." They are fun in that you never know what will come out in a day-to-day basis. Some time just your coins back. A few people have illicit electric coffee pots, others use a French press, and still others sneak out for the real thing.

Now that I discovered the Columbian Via. I have to defend my cup from all those noses that circle my cup. I know there are directions on the pack; however, I now have my own ritual. Clean cup, fill 2/3rds filtered water. 90 seconds in the microwave. Shake contents to bottom of pack. Rip the whole top off the pack with teeth. Pour pack in cup and watch sizzle. Stir for a few seconds. Add a tad of ice. Hope I can make it back to my desk before the cup empties.

I was never a fan of reconstituted coffee however I think it is the addition of the micro-ground coffee that adds the edge necessary.

In any event you owe it to yourself to try it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Starbucks Colombian, 9 Feb 2012
Starbucks VIA Colombian Roast Coffee 3 Sachets (Pack of 24, Total 72 Sachets)Tastes very good, very handy packs to carry around at all times. You are never without the great taste of Starbuucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cuppa coffee, 8 Oct 2011
I wouldn't be without these. They're perfect for when you're on the go. You can take them anywhere and be guaranteed a nice cuppa coffee. Little did i know, i was spending a fortune at the supermarkets when i could of been buying them for a fraction of the price right here on amazon! Needles to say, I Highly recommended these to all starbucks fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars When space is a premium..., 19 Dec 2010
D. Riordan (undisclosed) - See all my reviews
I'd normally pack a press-mug and bag of ground coffee when I'm travelling (yes, really), with a press-mug and stash of coffee at work too.

Coffee press mugs are thermal mugs that have an integrated coffee press, just like the one below
Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug Red. But after trying this starbucks 'instant' coffee, I'm going to have to think twice about carrying all that stuff.

As currently listed, this coffee works out to 40p a cup and takes up next to no space in a bag, unlike carrying a mug and pack of fresh coffee. It can't compare to my favourite grind, but definitely knocks spots of the typical instant coffee you'll find at work or your (non-coffee loving) friends & family's homes.

But Make sure you only put in as much water as directed, as topping up one sachet with enough water to fill a typical mug will give you a weak & insipid cup, that would be no different from the average cup of instant coffee.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 19 Dec 2010

The taste is just plain not pleasant.

The best instant I have come across is Nescafe Esspresso. This is a powder and comes in a jar. In France you can also buy it in stick-sachets ( but not found it sold this way in UK.)

Don't use boiling water from a kettle. Heat some water ( water and milk ) in a microwave so that it's hot but not boiling, and add the coffee. The result is almost as good as the esspresso/latte you get in a good coffee shop.

Starbucks VIA Colombian Roast Coffee 7 Sachets (Pack of 12, Total 84 Sachets)
54.99