on 7 December 2015
My husband bought this for me a few weeks agp and I am very impressed with it. It is a bit heavy but the way it is designed balances this out. I've found you can hold the massager anywhere along the handle and, if necessary you can support the head with your other hand.
I have a couple of medical conditions - affecting my circulation and my pelvis - which result in inflammation and muscle pain and spasms in my lower back and water retention in my legs and sometimes my arms. I have found that this massager helps relieve the water retention and makes a big difference to the muscle pains and spasms in my lower back and seems to help with the inflammation.
After a session with the massager, I use it on it's lowest setting, my body feels more awake and relaxed and I feel ready to get on with the rest of the day.
This is the routine I use - it takes me 10 to 15 mins:
First: I go over my lower back and hips (I work on this area twice during the massage because of my health issues).
Second: I run the massager from the knee to the top of each leg eg complete upper left leg then do the right. I slightly overlap each stroke to ensure that all of my leg has been done.
Third: I do the same on my lower leg, starting on the same leg eg left first
Fourth: Starting again on the same leg again, eg left, I run the massager up the whole leg from the ankle to the top of the thigh, again overlapping each stroke as I work around the leg.
Fifth: I run the massager up my torso, front then back, again overlapping strokes. When I do my back, I hold the massager close to the head for additional stability. When I've reached as far up my back as I can I then do my shoulder blades by reaching over each shoulder.
Sixth: I do my arms in a similar way to my legs - eg start on upper right arm then left. Then do lower arm starting with the right one. Then do complete arm from wrist to shoulder again starting with the right.
Seventh - Having now been over all my body once, I now go back to my lower back and hips and give them a second good going over.
For me this has been a brilliant purchase - it allows me to have a massage every day and it is helping me cope with my medical issues.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 October 2013
I bought this massager as I've been having a lot of problems with my knee (I have Patellofemoral malalignment) due to imbalance of muscles around my kneecap. To help with this issue I bought this which is similar to one that my therapist uses to relax my muscles. It's pretty good for the price as I was told that professional ones can cost £150 upwards. It works well and I've only really used the heated attachment which screws onto the main unit quite easily.
To operate you just need to switch the heat on/off depending on if you are using the red heat attachment and there are 2 basic settings for massage - low and high. The high setting seems to give a deeper relaxation of the muscles and the heat helps however it would be nice if a light showed when you have the heat setting on since it could be easy to forget when changing attachments.
It is also surprisingly large for a compact massager and looks quite similar in size to the one that my therapist has. Non-the-less it's still good value and helps relax my leg muscles. I've started using them a little to help relax the shoulder muscles as well.
on 1 March 2011
I really like it as it can relax your muscles and ease your pains.

I have used on my neck, upper back and lower back. It is good massager.

You can control the speed of the vibration (first and second ar better than the full speed).

Changing the heads is easy (I don't feel too much difference with the hard and medium).

It couldn't be compared to a massage given by a person, but it really works and does the job.

Good value for money.
Since having my baby my back has been getting worse from the constant lifting. I've been going for massages up to 3 time a month just to keep things at bay. I bought this massager as I wanted to be able to help with relaxing my back muscles at the end of the day and hopefully, not have to go for massages so often. So far, I am really impressed. The massager is not light, but that's not a bad thing as its ergonomic design means there is enough weight at the head end to give you a proper massage. The percusssion really works and it's so relaxing. I like the heat option as it provides this extra bit of soothing. The massager is long enough to reach all those hard spots like the lower back, shoulders and back of the neck.
11 comment|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2015
I suffer from severe ME, fibromayalgia, EDS 3 hypermobility and POTS and am in pain all the time and get muscle spasms and tight muscles where my body is compensating for joints not being stable. I have found that massages, although painful, help a lot but I'm not able to get out of the house and wont be for some time yet and have been really struggling. I didn't think I could afford a massager as I thought they would be hundreds of pounds but I thought I'd have a look anyway and came across this one. I read the reviews and decided that I would give it a try but was sceptical at this price. It arrived this morning and I immediately gave a try. I have used the soft setting and the heat setting so far and even after just the one use, I could feel some benefit. Obviously I will need to use it regularly for any proper long lasting benefit but I could feel some of the muscles relaxing a little and being soothed. I would recommend this to anyone with muscle pain and am so glad I bought it. Have recommended it on the EDS, ME and Fibro groups on facebook as well. It's a lot of money when on benefits but much cheaper than forking out for regular massages and the benefits health wise are more than worth a couple of weeks of being skint. Just need to teach my carers how to use it now but seeing as they don't know how to change a bed or vacuum, I don't have high hopes lol!
on 6 November 2011
The massager can be used effectively on the back by the person holding it due to its long handle, by a) placing it over your shoulder, or b) holding the massager at waist height and alternating hands.
on 31 August 2013
I love this, it has been a boon with my severe leg pain and tension in my shoulders - wouldn't want to be without it.
on 29 January 2014
I got this to help with tension in upper back-there are a number of different heads from firm to light pressure-the red head is for when you use the heat setting. I initially used the lighter heads but quickly realised that the heated setting was the way to go. I now always use the heat setting and although it does take a while for the heat to build up it does work and makes a big difference to the effectiveness of the massager. It is quite bulky to use oneself perhaps easier to use on the lower back- I do find that it does relieve tension-I would recommend.
on 2 April 2016
This massager came very promptly and cheap as it was on a daily deal so I took the plunge as my better half sometimes has a bad back... The device itself is quite large and bulky but it is well equipped with a few heads to choose from, the favourite being the heated ones... It's not the most quiet of devices but it does exactly what you would expect.

I've tried battery powered massagers and manual wooden ones and this definitely does a better job but you need to be near a plug and you'll be fine!
on 2 August 2011
Great for abdominal massage. With only two balls can be a bit bumpy on the bones but satisfied with purchase - am really enjoying using it. ..