5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning
I did a head to head test (pun intended) of the floss action brush head against the traditional Oral-B head.

The difference between the two heads is that the floss action one is slightly larger, and has yellow rubbery cleaning elements as well as the usual bristle.

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now,...
Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Tom Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Too aggressive for sensitive teeth and a bit gimmicky
I got these brush heads to trial through the Amazon Vine project - they claim to have a flossing "action" so I was keen to see what that meant in reality - I always forget to floss and these heads seem like a good idea.

Published on 15 Nov 2010 by D. J. Burton

5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning, 24 Nov 2010
Tom Douglas "TD" (Marlow) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Braun Oral-B EB25-4 Floss Action Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - Pack of 4 (Packaging May Vary) (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now, a single test of each head is pretty unscientific. A statistician would want dozens of tests before drawing a conclusion, but one is enough for me.

And the result? Floss action really works - it gets right in there and hauls out more plaque and almond fragments than the standard bristle head.

For me, that makes it worth the extra cost.

Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeth that feel really clean!, 7 Jun 2011
J. M. Whitaker (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
The Braun Oral-B EB25 Floss Action Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads are brilliant. They clean my teeth better than anything I have tried before. Electric toothbrushes clean your teeth better than a normal toothbrush anyway but these are even better. I recommend that anyone who needs replacement heads for their rechargeable toothbrush try some of these!!

4.0 out of 5 stars clean teeth, 31 Oct 2010
Nish Pfister "nhpfister" (Chulmleigh, Devon, U K) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is difficult to give an opinion about the effectiveness of tooth brushes. But the fact is that you would have to brush by hand a very long time if you wanted to give your teeth the same working - over as the electric tooth brushes do. I've been using electric brushes for about three years now and my teeth are definitely in better shape.
These floss action brush heads feel different, they massage the gums better and they get between the teeth.
I give them a thumbs up, it is not just a gimmick, there is a marked difference to the ordinary brush heads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expensive, 5 Oct 2012
Kate G "Kate" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
These are perfect replacement brush heads and the floss action is really effective, but I do begrudge paying so much for a bit of plastic with some bristles attached! They cost nearly as much as a new toothbrush each time!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too aggressive for sensitive teeth and a bit gimmicky, 15 Nov 2010
D. J. Burton (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The flossing action is a good idea in principal but it does not go any way towards replacing flossing - I don't think any toothbrush head could claim that. There are small rubber blades that are designed to get in between the teeth better than brushes do - but I saw no evidence that this was happening.

I suffer from a mild case of sensitive teeth, and the floss action heads were far too aggressive for me. I would steer well clear if you also have sensitive teeth or receding gums. The action is very heavy and my teeth did not feel any better or cleaner for it.

All in all I would summarise that these heads are a bit of a gimmick, if you want a deep clean then get the dual action ones, and if you have sensitive teeth then the sensitive or precision brush heads are a better choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best head for an Oral-B, 1 Nov 2010
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this 'floss-action' head for a year or so now and, personally, I feel that they give the very best clean that I can get from my Oral-B toothbrushes (I have two, one for home and one for travel).

Basic information: They fit all Oral-B toothbrushes, regardless of age (see the compatibility for the ones that Braun say it will not fit) that I have and there is no 'special' fitting or anything like that.

The yellow plastic bits on the brush seem to really clean well between the teeth, but there is no difference that you can detect while you are actually cleaning.

I still floss once a week, but these heads seem to make that almost redundant.

So, in summary: If you dislike flossing, this might be enough on its own; if you want your teeth to really feel clean, this type of head is first rate.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 April 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Braun Oral-B is on the forefront in offering affordable, yet very high quality dental hygiene products. And the EB25-2 Floss Action Toothbrush Heads are no exception.

The floss action really works well, as it penetrates into those gaps where traditional heads struggle. One has to keep in mind that many tooth decay problems originate form the tiny gaps between the teeth.

So apart from leaving your teeth shiny, you get the added benefit of fresher breath and reduced chances for tooth decay.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Thing!, 29 April 2013
These do seem to be the genuine article and attach well to our electric toothbrush and a very good price compared to high street shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 2 Oct 2012
Fantastic product, makes you feel like you've had a through clean.bargain compared to prices. Footed no problem, would secondary recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - much better than the ones provided., 9 Sep 2012
Fantastic, gives a really good clean. Very glad that I bought these over the precision clean that came standard with the toothbrush!