1,240 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning
I did a head to head test (pun intended) of the floss action brush head against the traditional Oral-B head.

The difference between the two heads is that the floss action one is slightly larger, and has yellow rubbery cleaning elements as well as the usual bristle.

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now,...
Published on 24 Nov. 2010 by Tom Douglas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable as other Braun heads
Published on 14 Dec. 2009 by Sam Woodward

5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning, 24 Nov. 2010
Tom Douglas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now, a single test of each head is pretty unscientific. A statistician would want dozens of tests before drawing a conclusion, but one is enough for me.

And the result? Floss action really works - it gets right in there and hauls out more plaque and almond fragments than the standard bristle head.

For me, that makes it worth the extra cost.

Five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 25 Nov. 2009
S. Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a Braun rechargeable toothbrush, I can really recommend these heads. The little floss parts of the toothbrush really do get in the small gaps and leave your teeth feeling really clean. They can feel quite harsh though so they're probably not suitable for anyone with sensitive gums.

4.0 out of 5 stars good heads and worth a little extra, 25 Sept. 2009
Don Panik (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried all the main braun brush heads and these are my favourites. They generally last about 3 months, so although they are a little pricey to buy it still works out at around only 1.5 pence per clean. The price does move about a bit on Amazon so if you buy 2 make sure you do it when the price is less than half that of buying 4.

A word on the floss action. Although they are good these do not replace the need to floss (worse luck) - well not for my teeth anyway, so you will likely be disappointed if you have that in mind. Having said they are better than the standard brush in my opinion - and therefore worth the premium price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeth that feel really clean!, 7 Jun. 2011
The Braun Oral-B EB25 Floss Action Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads are brilliant. They clean my teeth better than anything I have tried before. Electric toothbrushes clean your teeth better than a normal toothbrush anyway but these are even better. I recommend that anyone who needs replacement heads for their rechargeable toothbrush try some of these!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job better the regular toothbrushes, 3 Oct. 2009
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be frank, I floss so I am not 100% certain that if you omit flossing that these heads will do the job for you. However, they do do a fantastic job cleaning your teeth, getting in those hard to get places and I have not had plaque removed at the dentist for over a year.

Downside - well when you first use these you may experience sore gums for a few days. This is purely due to the change in brush so you shouldn't worry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hygiene for your Mouth, Cleaner Breath and Healthier Gums, 23 Oct. 2014
Leslie - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am in my mid-sixties, and I want to continue to keep all my teeth (except for the two wisdom teeth extracted in my youth). The best way for that to happen is to prevent both tooth decay and gum disease. Although genetically speaking some people are prone to have ‘weak teeth’, extensive damage can be prevented by proper dental hygiene.

The Oral-B Floss Action Brush Head helps to remove a substantial amount of plaque, which is the bacterium that attacks our teeth and gums. I use the Oral-B Floss Action Brush in conjunction with flossing. After brushing with the Floss Action Brush Head, I spend less time flossing since the brush head removes a substantial amount of plaque, and the result is less time in the dentist chair, all my teeth intact, and no periodontitis.

The mouth is the gateway to the body and the bacterium that builds up on teeth makes the gums prone to infection. Then the immune system moves in to attack the infection and the gums become inflamed. Over time, inflammation and the chemicals it releases eat away at the gums and bone structure that hold teeth in place. The result is severe gum disease, known as periodontitis and this inflammation can cause problems in the rest of the body.

The Oral-B Floss Action Brush has a spinning and oscillating movement that helps to remove the excess plaque between teeth and at the gum line. Although this is NOT a substitute for flossing, it will deliver much cleaner teeth and gums than a regular brushing. Each Oral-B Floss action brush should last between 3 – 4 months, when the bristle colors start to fade and the bristles start to spread the brush is worn out and it is no longer effective.

So whether one is a non-flosser, an occasional flosser, or one who flosses regularly, if you own an electric rechargeable toothbrush that is compatible with the Oral-B Professional Floss Action Replacement Brush, then I recommend this addition for both better mouth hygiene and your own internal body health.

4.0 out of 5 stars clean teeth, 31 Oct. 2010
Nish Pfister "nhpfister" (Chulmleigh, Devon, U K) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is difficult to give an opinion about the effectiveness of tooth brushes. But the fact is that you would have to brush by hand a very long time if you wanted to give your teeth the same working - over as the electric tooth brushes do. I've been using electric brushes for about three years now and my teeth are definitely in better shape.
These floss action brush heads feel different, they massage the gums better and they get between the teeth.
I give them a thumbs up, it is not just a gimmick, there is a marked difference to the ordinary brush heads.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable as other Braun heads, 14 Dec. 2009
Sam Woodward (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Braun tell us that these heads "deliver a clinically superior clean" to their standard electric toothbrush heads. If so, the difference is so negligible that I did not notice it. The only difference was they were slightly less comfortable to brush with than any of Braun's other heads, with something (presumably a piece of plastic or fastly-rotating floss-brush) knocking against my teeth. Also, my Professional Care 3000 has 3 different settings for different heads & the instructions did not state which one I needed for these. I tried all three & found the standard speed worked best but in my view, the results still weren't strong enough to justify spending a higher price for the FlossAction heads.

I regularly use Braun's Precision Clean & ProBright Heads & am happy with the results of both. But I did not feel the FlossAction ones were any more effective - I certainly don't think they're an adequate substitute for flossing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best brush heads?, 4 Oct. 2009
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't had to have my teeth scaled since starting to use FlossAction heads with a Triumph brush 2-3 years ago, and can only think these heads are the main reason. I do use other heads, from time to time (notably ProBright), and also a Braun Sonic brush, but feel these do the best job.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expensive, 5 Oct. 2012
Kate G "Kate" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
These are perfect replacement brush heads and the floss action is really effective, but I do begrudge paying so much for a bit of plastic with some bristles attached! They cost nearly as much as a new toothbrush each time!