5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning
I did a head to head test (pun intended) of the floss action brush head against the traditional Oral-B head.

The difference between the two heads is that the floss action one is slightly larger, and has yellow rubbery cleaning elements as well as the usual bristle.

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now,...
Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Tom Douglas

2.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all (well two) trades
Published on 22 Oct 2009 by Kevin Roche

5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning, 24 Nov 2010
Tom Douglas "TD" (Marlow) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Braun Oral-B EB25-4 Floss Action Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads - Pack of 4 (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now, a single test of each head is pretty unscientific. A statistician would want dozens of tests before drawing a conclusion, but one is enough for me.

And the result? Floss action really works - it gets right in there and hauls out more plaque and almond fragments than the standard bristle head.

For me, that makes it worth the extra cost.

Five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars good heads and worth a little extra, 25 Sep 2009
Don Panik (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried all the main braun brush heads and these are my favourites. They generally last about 3 months, so although they are a little pricey to buy it still works out at around only 1.5 pence per clean. The price does move about a bit on Amazon so if you buy 2 make sure you do it when the price is less than half that of buying 4.

A word on the floss action. Although they are good these do not replace the need to floss (worse luck) - well not for my teeth anyway, so you will likely be disappointed if you have that in mind. Having said they are better than the standard brush in my opinion - and therefore worth the premium price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all (well two) trades, 22 Oct 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I normally use the bog-standard small round brush head and separately floss so I thought I'd give this a try, to kill two birds so to speak. I'm afraid I'm not really sold on the product; I found it quite painful to use after a week or so and the head is a little larger than the standard brush head and so does not reach into the gaps left after losing a couple of molars. Most significantly the acid test for a flossing brush head is that it clears the stuff from between your teeth - well it doesn't; flossing after using this brush head still resulted in various bits of debris being removed. I think it does must do something because you can definitely feel the flexible flossing "blades" between your teeth but it is definitely not a full substitute and therefore pointless.

Might be a step up for those people who currently don't use dental floss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 25 Nov 2009
S. Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a Braun rechargeable toothbrush, I can really recommend these heads. The little floss parts of the toothbrush really do get in the small gaps and leave your teeth feeling really clean. They can feel quite harsh though so they're probably not suitable for anyone with sensitive gums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeth that feel really clean!, 7 Jun 2011
J. M. Whitaker (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
The Braun Oral-B EB25 Floss Action Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads are brilliant. They clean my teeth better than anything I have tried before. Electric toothbrushes clean your teeth better than a normal toothbrush anyway but these are even better. I recommend that anyone who needs replacement heads for their rechargeable toothbrush try some of these!!

4.0 out of 5 stars clean teeth, 31 Oct 2010
Nish Pfister "nhpfister" (Chulmleigh, Devon, U K) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is difficult to give an opinion about the effectiveness of tooth brushes. But the fact is that you would have to brush by hand a very long time if you wanted to give your teeth the same working - over as the electric tooth brushes do. I've been using electric brushes for about three years now and my teeth are definitely in better shape.
These floss action brush heads feel different, they massage the gums better and they get between the teeth.
I give them a thumbs up, it is not just a gimmick, there is a marked difference to the ordinary brush heads.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best brush heads?, 4 Oct 2009
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't had to have my teeth scaled since starting to use FlossAction heads with a Triumph brush 2-3 years ago, and can only think these heads are the main reason. I do use other heads, from time to time (notably ProBright), and also a Braun Sonic brush, but feel these do the best job.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job better the regular toothbrushes, 3 Oct 2009
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be frank, I floss so I am not 100% certain that if you omit flossing that these heads will do the job for you. However, they do do a fantastic job cleaning your teeth, getting in those hard to get places and I have not had plaque removed at the dentist for over a year.

Downside - well when you first use these you may experience sore gums for a few days. This is purely due to the change in brush so you shouldn't worry.

2.0 out of 5 stars FlossAction without the floss?, 20 Sep 2009
Dicko (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not sure why Oral-B would market a brush head that sort of implies that you no longer need to floss if you use this brush head, this is certainly not the case.

Whilst the brush head does work very well, i'm not convinced that it 'Delivers a clinically superior clean vs. Oral-B Precision Clean' as it states on the packaging.

Because this brush head does not replace the need to floss, i'm struggling to see why this is better that the cheaper standard 'Precision Clean' heads. If you still have to floss, why does it matter that it may remove more plaque from between the teeth, you remove this by flossing any way. I'm a bit confused.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Toothbrush Heads, 9 Oct 2008
Mrs. C. A. Rice "Carol" (Croydon Surrey) - See all my reviews
I have just received my Oral B toothbrush heads. I have to say that I only bought them due to such good reviews and I needed to get some new ones anyway, so I thought I'd give them a go!!
Fantastic after just one use so far today, my teeth look and feel cleaner already!!