1,366 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning
I did a head to head test (pun intended) of the floss action brush head against the traditional Oral-B head.

The difference between the two heads is that the floss action one is slightly larger, and has yellow rubbery cleaning elements as well as the usual bristle.

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now,...
Published on 24 Nov. 2010 by Tom Douglas

2.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all (well two) trades
Published on 22 Oct. 2009 by Kevin Roche

5.0 out of 5 stars The floss action makes for better cleaning, 24 Nov. 2010
Tom Douglas (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After each test I flossed to see how much the brushes had left behind.

Now, a single test of each head is pretty unscientific. A statistician would want dozens of tests before drawing a conclusion, but one is enough for me.

And the result? Floss action really works - it gets right in there and hauls out more plaque and almond fragments than the standard bristle head.

For me, that makes it worth the extra cost.

Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeth that feel really clean!, 7 Jun. 2011
The Braun Oral-B EB25 Floss Action Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads are brilliant. They clean my teeth better than anything I have tried before. Electric toothbrushes clean your teeth better than a normal toothbrush anyway but these are even better. I recommend that anyone who needs replacement heads for their rechargeable toothbrush try some of these!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 25 Nov. 2009
S. Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a Braun rechargeable toothbrush, I can really recommend these heads. The little floss parts of the toothbrush really do get in the small gaps and leave your teeth feeling really clean. They can feel quite harsh though so they're probably not suitable for anyone with sensitive gums.

4.0 out of 5 stars clean teeth, 31 Oct. 2010
Nish Pfister "nhpfister" (Chulmleigh, Devon, U K) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is difficult to give an opinion about the effectiveness of tooth brushes. But the fact is that you would have to brush by hand a very long time if you wanted to give your teeth the same working - over as the electric tooth brushes do. I've been using electric brushes for about three years now and my teeth are definitely in better shape.
These floss action brush heads feel different, they massage the gums better and they get between the teeth.
I give them a thumbs up, it is not just a gimmick, there is a marked difference to the ordinary brush heads.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good clean but a little uncomfortable for sensitive teeth and gums, 17 Feb. 2011
Melanie Pratt (Wales, U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Braun Oral-B Floss Action replacement toothbrush heads differ from the standard 'Precision Clean' heads in that they are slightly larger, somewhat firmer, and have small yellow rubbery fins which ostensibly floss between your teeth as you brush. While I was relieved that the fins didn't get stuck between my teeth (I was scared they might, since my teeth are quite tightly packed and invariably shred floss), I think that the fact they didn't is almost certainly a sign that they weren't really going in between my teeth. Perhaps they would 'floss' better in someone whose teeth have bigger spaces. Having said that, they did make my teeth feel very clean, although with some discomfort on sensitive areas.

Definitely worth a try if your teeth are quite well-spaced, but if they're not then I would recommend you go with the Braun Oral-B EB18-4 3D White Replacement Rechargeable Toothbrush Heads 4-Pack instead, I find they clean just as well but without the discomfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best brush heads?, 4 Oct. 2009
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't had to have my teeth scaled since starting to use FlossAction heads with a Triumph brush 2-3 years ago, and can only think these heads are the main reason. I do use other heads, from time to time (notably ProBright), and also a Braun Sonic brush, but feel these do the best job.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good heads and worth a little extra, 25 Sept. 2009
Don Panik (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried all the main braun brush heads and these are my favourites. They generally last about 3 months, so although they are a little pricey to buy it still works out at around only 1.5 pence per clean. The price does move about a bit on Amazon so if you buy 2 make sure you do it when the price is less than half that of buying 4.

A word on the floss action. Although they are good these do not replace the need to floss (worse luck) - well not for my teeth anyway, so you will likely be disappointed if you have that in mind. Having said they are better than the standard brush in my opinion - and therefore worth the premium price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expensive, 5 Oct. 2012
Kate G "Kate" (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
These are perfect replacement brush heads and the floss action is really effective, but I do begrudge paying so much for a bit of plastic with some bristles attached! They cost nearly as much as a new toothbrush each time!

2.0 out of 5 stars Jack of all (well two) trades, 22 Oct. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I normally use the bog-standard small round brush head and separately floss so I thought I'd give this a try, to kill two birds so to speak. I'm afraid I'm not really sold on the product; I found it quite painful to use after a week or so and the head is a little larger than the standard brush head and so does not reach into the gaps left after losing a couple of molars. Most significantly the acid test for a flossing brush head is that it clears the stuff from between your teeth - well it doesn't; flossing after using this brush head still resulted in various bits of debris being removed. I think it does must do something because you can definitely feel the flexible flossing "blades" between your teeth but it is definitely not a full substitute and therefore pointless.

Might be a step up for those people who currently don't use dental floss.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too aggressive for sensitive teeth and a bit gimmicky, 15 Nov. 2010
D. J. Burton (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these brush heads to trial through the Amazon Vine project - they claim to have a flossing "action" so I was keen to see what that meant in reality - I always forget to floss and these heads seem like a good idea.

The flossing action is a good idea in principal but it does not go any way towards replacing flossing - I don't think any toothbrush head could claim that. There are small rubber blades that are designed to get in between the teeth better than brushes do - but I saw no evidence that this was happening.

I suffer from a mild case of sensitive teeth, and the floss action heads were far too aggressive for me. I would steer well clear if you also have sensitive teeth or receding gums. The action is very heavy and my teeth did not feel any better or cleaner for it.

All in all I would summarise that these heads are a bit of a gimmick, if you want a deep clean then get the dual action ones, and if you have sensitive teeth then the sensitive or precision brush heads are a better choice.