5.0 out of 5 stars If you hate electric shavers, give this one a go!!
The starting point for this review is that I dislike electric shavers. They make me very sore and although after using one I look like I have shaved, I certainly don't feel like I have. I get on ok with wet shaving but I dislike the wet and the mess. So every other day I have a wet shave, and the days in between I use a very old cheap Philishave and I hate it. I have a...
Published on 10 Aug 2012 by Ken croft

3.0 out of 5 stars Braun Series 7 720 Shaver
This is the first foil shaver I've owned, having been a Philips devotee until now and I have to say I'm not overly impressed.

Published on 24 Dec 2010 by Foxtrot Oscar

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Braun Series 7 720 Shaver, 24 Dec 2010
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)

While the closeness of the shave is actually better than I've been able to get with rotary shavers, it does have a number of drawbacks. First off, its more unwieldly and less comfortable to hold than the more ergonomic Philips shavers. Secondly, it is incredibly noisy, compared to other shavers I've owned. Finally, when my stubble grows back, it is a LOT tougher and more bristly, whereas with the Philips shavers, it stayed reasonably soft.

The micro-vibration feature is supposed to make shaving more comfortable, but I just found it made my skin heat up, making the experience less comfortable. This effect is lessed by using the less "intense" modes, but shaving quality suffers.

Perhaps being used to rotary shavers, it took me a few attempts to get the best results, as you have to angle it differently for different parts of your face. I didn't find the shaver head tilt feature very useful, finding it easier to just move / angle the shaver as necessary, with the head locked in the "straight" position.

Also, I don't know if its just a fault with this particular unit, but it doesn't seem to charge fully. I only have to use it a few times before the Low Charge light comes on. I held off recharging it until the battery was completely flat (it doesn't gradually wind down like a Philips, but instead just stops suddenly) and found it lasted for 8 shaves.

In summary, I'd say its not a bad shaver and if you're more used to foil shavers, you may rate it more highly. Personally, I think I'll be going back to Philips when I next need a new shaver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as a manual shave, 17 Nov 2010
Dinah85 "Dinah93" (Cleveland,UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband is a picky shaver. He prefers hot towel, but those aren't available within a 10 mile radius. So I've given him a series of electric razors. This was the first foil one he has tried, and his opinion of it is that its the best electric razor he'd tried to date. He has very sensitive skin and this didn't lacerate him too badly, in fact it was gentle compared to most electic shavers. The problem is it didn't achieve as close a cut as his manual Wilkinson razor, and in his words 'if I need a shave after my shave, I need a better razor'. Good as far as electic razors go, but not as close as a manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars update, 26 Nov 2014
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
I am 69 years old with a tough beard because of which I've always wet shaved until about 15 years ago when electric razor technology had reached a sufficiently sophisticated level to make them a reasonable alternative. As a result I have over that time had most makes, usually at the top end of the market both rotary and scissor bladed, some good some not so good.

Being after a year, disenchanted with my top of the range Philips - a great disappointment, I recently read the reviews of the Braun 7 series, liked what I read and bought the 720 without all the add-ons which i don't need, making the price more sensible.

After a few weeks use I am delighted with it's excellent all-round performance. Quicker to finish the job than any previous razor (mostly Braun & Philips), closer, smoother also with no uncomfortable after effects. I am impressed and really happy with an electric razor for the very first time. I hope over time that its performance and quality will not diminish but for now would thoroughly recommend it, also nice to look at and nice to hold.

UP-DATE.

After a month's daily usage I remain impressed with this razor. To be picky it's a little noisy but I think that has to be put down to the serious high speed of the cutting blade action. Otherwise, couldn't be happier, a really excellent product to be thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaver that does the job well, 26 Oct 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having now used this shaver for a few days, I can safely say it really is a good product. It is very comfortable to use and would be particularly good (I imagine) for those with more sensitive skin due to the brilliant response from the sahving head which is incredibly good at moving with the curves if your face.

Inside the small sized box you will find the shaver itself, charging cable, carry case, oil and instructions. The carry case is quite nice and of decent quality and would be very useful for traveling but does not include anywhere to store the charger which is a bit of a shame, but obviously saves on storage space.

Charging seems to be very fast (1 hour after initial charge) and works for a good length of time and also (unlike some shavers) can be used either on the mains or via battery.

The overall feel of the shaver is good with a good weight and build quality, which helps to justify the price. However, I cannot help but feel that you are perhaps paying a little over the odds for an excellent but still relatively run of the mill shaver. I have used a number of shavers over the years and although this is better than most of them, the one I currently have only cost me £40 and isn't far behind this one in terms of performance...so worth considering.

Overall a great product but perhaps a little out of it's price league

4.0 out of 5 stars comparison: 720 vs series 3 (320,330,340), 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
I have use the 320 for one year. I am very pleased with it. Recently (before 4 months) I bought also the Braun 720. I write this review with the hope to help other people to decide what to buy.
I am very pleased with the 720 also.

The differences are:
series 3 like 320,330,340:
half price,
lower noise (because vibrates in lower speed than the 720).
Ni-Mh battery (very pleased after 1 year of use)

series 7 like 720:
useless cutting modes,
noisy (but you can change cutting mode - in lesser vibrations- and make it
sounds like the 320),
better design and finishing ,
better battery (Li-ion) ,
perhaps only a little faster shaving but the same result in the shaving with
the 320.
It comes with a case (not so useful for me)

I tested the following (shaving the left and right face):
320 with the 1 year used cutter foil
720 with a new foil.

Useful comments:
If you use for first time the braun to shave then you should know that you need about 2 months to learn how to shave easily. Also don't expect to shave like the classic wet way. But after some months of use you can do a fast nice shaving. Also it is better if you use it for not more than 3 days beard.

I hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving heaven, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
Bought this for my brother's birthday after doing a lot of reading around various shavers. Apparently, he tells me the shaver is excellent - it charges very quickly and gives a really close shave. Job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the five star reviews, they are true!, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
After owning and using a Philips rotary shaver for years and years I finally decided to upgrade and treat myself to a more modern model. Using the internet for research it seemed clear that my choices would be between the new Philips sensotouch.3D or a Braun series 7.After much reading I finally decided on the Braun series7 just down to the customer reviews although I. doubted some that said this shaver was as good as a wet manual bladed razor and it was rather expensive. I need not have worried. This shaver is by far the best shaver I have ever owned, is of superb quality and yes it DOES give me a shave as close as a wet bladed razor. Cleaning is super easy just run it under the hot water tap and it's done so don't bother with the cleaning station model and save yourself some money unless it's a must for your particular needs. If you are contemplating buying this shaver then trust me you will NOT be disappointed. Would I recommend this shaver? Yes yes and again yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant shaving results - best solution for air travel., 17 Nov 2010
South Londoner (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I last used an electric razor about 15 years ago, so I jumped at the chance of reviewing this new Braun Series 7. First impressions? Electric razors have come a long ways in 15 years! The device is well built, sturdy and fits snugly in the hand. It comes in a handy travel case and it automatically adapts to the voltage of the wall socket wherever you are in the world. It has three different intensity settings and the head can be cleaned by running under the tap. Replacement heads are also available if the blades get blunt.
Most importantly, how's the shave?
Well quite smooth really. None of the nasty razor burn or skin irritation I've experienced with other models. It got all of the stubble on my upper lip and 99% on my chin and neck in one go. There was just a few patches that needed a second going over. All in all I still prefer shaving with a razor and shaving cream but this comes a very close second and is the ideal solution for travelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars braun shaver, 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
I have had many electric razors during my many years of shaving and this Braun series 7 is brilliant - excellent close shave as good as a wet shave - highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars best shaver I have ever had bar none, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Braun Series 7 720s-4 Electric Shaver (Personal Care)
I have been shaving with phillips for the last 15 years or so. I did not enjoy my most recent model, which I found struggled at the rear corners of the jaw (particularly after a weekend of not shaving) and irritated my neck due to having to repeat too much, so thought I would try Braun for a change.

6 weeks in and this model has been a revelation - it leaves my skin smooth and unirritated by getting it right first time. I have had no problems in the hard-to-reach areas and it is easy to clean and charge. I actually find it better than wet shaving with modern razors which seem to clog too easily due to the multiple blades.

Saves me time in the mornings and helps my skin

I use with kyoku pre-shave optimiser if i havent shaved for a couple of days[...] //www.amazon.co.uk/Kyoku-Men-Electric-Pre-Shave-Optimizer/dp/B0038JKYAQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1350495630&sr=8-5#_ . And I used to use sabon after shave cream (but find now I dont really need to)

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›