on 17 March 2011
I've had this shaver since Christmas 2010 and I'm very pleased with it so far. I chose this model because of the movement of the cutting foils; the head tilts and the foils themselves move too, so it matches the contours of your face well. Gives a good close shave, though sometimes needs a couple of passes over the same spot. I don't have any irritation even on the highest setting (unlike some other reviewers). What is most impressive compared to my previous shaver is the battery life - it charges in 1hr and lasts me 14days (just). Not sure how this performance will be maintained as the battery ages, and I'd guess the replacement foils might be quite expensive (recommended to change every 18months) but a great shaver so far.
on 5 August 2011
I have had several Braun shavers in the past and this is the best to date. The razor gives a quick and very close shave and feels almost as smooth as a wet shave. The charge is also longer than past models with nearly 4 weeks shaving before recharging for the first time.
on 11 January 2011
I was fed up of my hubby looking like he had just had a fight with the cat, with bits of tissue sticking to his neck where he had nicked himself with the wet razor.
He wasn't convinced that anything could be better than a wet shave and in a way he was right as although this gives a pretty close shave, it does not shave off the skin as well which I think is a bonus. However, after using the Braun (after a fair bit of persuasion) and getting used to it, he now agrees that this is the best electric razor he has ever tried and although it does not give the same close shave as a wet razor, it is not far off.
His neck certainly looks a lot better and I for one am glad of that
on 7 January 2011
Bought this when it was on sale before Christmas at £101 with free P&P.

Very happy with the item and especially happy with Amazon's service - It arrived in just a few days (and there was a lot of snow around!)

The shaver is noisy when on, but its not that loud - It didn't wake my 18 month old up this morning when she was asleep in the room next to the bathroom!

The shaving experience isn't as close as a wet shave, but its pretty darn good! For me, I get the odd ingrowing hair, so I'm hoping that the electric shaver will prevent this by not shaving quite so close - time will tell but so far so good!

Overall : Very happy, good product, great service from Amazon!
on 26 May 2015
After many years' highly satisfactory service, my Series 3 Braun shaver eventually gave up the ghost and, attracted by Amazon's offer of a Series 7 shaver at approximately half of the RRP, I bought one. Hugely disappointing. After 2 months' use, the shaver remains noisy, gives a poor shave and the sideburn trimmer is next to useless. Not a product to recommend.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's hard to see how much better these electric shavers can get but the Braun series have always been my favourites. This 720-3 model comes in a very sleek black and doesn't have all the usual gimmicky stands for charging and washing (just an easy to use plug-in cord). This makes it useful for carrying in a briefcase if you need a 4pm tidy up shave.

It is, quite simply, beautifully designed and is the perfect shaving machine. I used to enjoy a wet shave in the morning but the shave is so close and easy with the Braun that it's now part of my morning routine. And it is so much quicker than fussing about with foam and water.
on 28 May 2011
I chose this to replace my existing Braun shaver that I've had for years. It's the nearest thing to a wet shave and it's brilliant. Worth paying the extra so it can be washed under the tap without having to buy the cleaning cartridges.
VINE VOICEon 17 February 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Electric razors have really come on, and for an efficient, close shave you'd do well to pick this up.

The shape of the head and its two-way rotation make it a comfortable, forgiving shave -- forgiving of the slightly can't-be-bothered scrub that I usually subject my face to.

Detaching the foil section for cleaning is very easy, and it comes with a little bottle of oil for keeping the rust at bay.

Neck shaving is still a tricky business, and any razor that could sort this out would be very welcome in my bathroom.
VINE VOICEon 14 March 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A fantastic looking product in really nice packaging. I got this for my brother and he was really impressed by it.

As his first electric shaver he wasn't 100% sure how to use it but the booklet covered everything from how to use, to caring for your razor so no worries there.It hasn't irritated his skin either which was a bit of a worry, and left him clean shaven with minimal effort.

The only downside is there is no UK plug, so you will need an adaptor or socket.
on 7 February 2011
Have used Bruan shavers for years, decided to invest a this top of the range 7 series. What an improvement..It's the closest electric shave you can get in my opinion..Straight forward and simple to use, flexible head rolls nicely over facial contours and leaves you clean as a whistle, almost a wet shave with a new blade, without all the palaver.. cant fault it. If you can afford it, buy one....