5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing - Get this if you like the Last olf the Mohicans Soundtrack
There are a few things you need to know about this score. First off, Zimmer composed it "blind", essentially being made to work off the script, and not the finished film. This makes it an unpredictable and utterly separate work, with different pacing to the film.

He also hunted down a French sound-engineer to digitally rip out the opening trumpets from Je Ne...
Published on 3 Sept. 2010 by Hypernation

3.0 out of 5 stars Third time lucky?
The score represents the third collaboration between Hans Zimmer and Christopher Nolan. Building on the excellent work presented in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, could this album possibly top the magnificence of the score for The Dark Knight - specifically the two-disc expanded edition?

Brooding, epic, grandiose and easily Zimmer's darkest score, what we...
Published on 3 Jan. 2011 by S. Hurford

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Words fail me, 25 July 2010
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
I fell in love with the soundtrack midway through watching the film, another incredible piece of work from Zimmer, perhaps one of his best? Oscar material surely?

If you're a fan of Zimmer's work, you will love this score

5.0 out of 5 stars Layered, emotive and simply perfect, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
Zimmer does it again. Just incredible music which is absorbing and reaches deep into your emotional core and stays with you. Loved the film, it was fantastic - but have become an even bigger fan of this beautiful CD. I dare anyone to listen and not be captured by this sweeping score. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars the time, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
I bought this CD mainly because of the "time" track, which is amasing, but other are not bad at all. One of my favourite movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Channelling Herrmann, 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
...and thank goodness. A great OST which owes a lot to the master. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy, 30 Dec. 2014
Moody , atmospheric music
Excellent a dream within a dream!

5.0 out of 5 stars So this is Hans Zimmer?, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
Guess, I`ll say first: I am not any kind of music expert, I just know what I like. And I pick what I like, often. I don`t even pay attention to who the composer is to avoid getting something just due to the `name`. I know, strange, but that`s me.

But now I am now beginning to realise that I like this guy`s work alot as most of my music seems to be Zimmer`s to my surprise. Nearly every CD I have is Han Zimmer`s. I never even bothered checking the name of the composer until now! What kind of name is `Zimmer` anyway? I`ll have to check up on his life story, I guess. He`s earned my interest.

There`s the odd track section that sounds like it comes from The Bourne Identity, which, when I checked was also Zimmer`s work.

Anyway, wonderful music with that great sense of drama, perfect for what I do.

Only criticism, NOT ALL the tracks from the movie Inception are here. There are distinct tracks in the movie I was really hoping would be in the CD. I hope they do a second more complete release like they did with Gladiator and feature 2 CDs with ALL the music.

So 4 stars since all the music wasn`t in... Hmmm. Actually, his music is so good, I`ll let him off and give it 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
Another Great composition from Hans Zimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Hans Zimmer: Mind blowing!, 24 Aug. 2011
Iqbal Mohammed "Nights" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inception (Music From The Motion Picture) (MP3 Download)
Hans Zimmer is a legend. Amazing scores that make you go out and buy the CD? Well: Gladiator, Batman begins, Dark knight, Lion King, Angels and demons, Da Vinci code, Frost/Nixon... you can usually tell (or dare I say 'sense') its a Hans Zimmer score in the film. Anyway, enough of the free advertising.

This is again a brilliant piece of work. Haunting, chilling, mind blowing... really something to listen to and enjoy on the way to work! The best ones are Dream is collapsing, Time, Dream within a dream and 528491. The score really adds to the surreality of the film and makes it that much more extraordinary.

This is as good as Dark knight/Angels and demons and almost as good as Gladiator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Layers that build. Compelling & addictive..., 28 Sept. 2011
D. Burchett "Taodave" (Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
This is an excellent album to accompany an excellent film. The first time or two i saw the film i felt the score was 'repetitive' and dull. By the third viewing i was getting hooked, and by the fifth i had decided to buy the album...I have not a similar response to a soundtrack since the Lord of the Rings trilogy was released.

There is a good assortment of music on this album that touches base with all the key parts of the film. Far from 'repetitive'the tracks really relate well to the continual changes in the film. I particularly enjoy track 9 that brings with it memories of 'On her majesty's secret service' with George Lazenby. Excellent & thoroughly entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing!, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Inception (Audio CD)
Having seen Inception twice I ordered the CD as I loved the music so much. I've never listened to any of Hans Zimmer's work before and can't believe what I've been missing - a bit surprised at the slight obsession I've developed! It's inspiring, uplifting, dramatic, energising; at times, soothing, ethereal..... Other reviews have described the magic of this music far better than I can. I'm now planning to expand my Hans Zimmer collection!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›