4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, woolly, 29 Oct 2010
rachelcreative (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've seen some conflicting info about these slippers on various sites so wanted to get the facts straight.

They are indeed lined with wool. With real 100% pure wool which is lined in the whole inside of the slipper including the footbed.

The upper is textile - it feels like suede but is textile. The sole is rubber with a great grippy pattern and the heel is slightly raised but still a "flat" shoe. The footbed is supportive with arch support.

I know shoe sizes vary but I would say the 6 is more a 5.5 so if you definately take a 6 you might want to try up a size. They are not an especially wide fit - I would say average not narrow not wide.

The folded over tongue and ankle bits are meant to be that way as part of the style. You could turn them up but they're obviously meant to be down and were designed to be that way.

I've given the slipper a 4 star rating but it all depends on what you want your slippers to do. If you are after something very sturdy, supportive and warm which you can wear out to the bin then this is a good choice. If you are after something which with bounce or squashyness to sink your feet into after wearing shoes these are probably not a good choice. Although the innercole is lined with the real wool it doesn't do a lot to cushion your foot in terms of comfort and the rubber sole is solid. It's like wearing a relaxed pair of shoes really.

I wanted something really warm, with good support and that I could slip on and off without having to bend over. These deliver that. But for me personally they don't deliver comfort. I find them too hard and not my go to choice if I want to relax. My trainers are far more comfortable. So I tried them for half an hour and then packaged them up to send back. So a mixed review that all depends on what the buyer is looking for in a slipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely and warm, 7 Feb 2013
They are so comfartable and very warm to wear, its perfect to wear in winter only. They are good fit, highly recomended..

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely gift, 30 Jan 2013
these were a gift from my daughter as i was always complaining about cold ankles; and these were just perfect, good value and a good fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotus slippers., 1 Jan 2013
Bought them for my mum good fit,lovely&warm, non slip sole.
Came in 3 days when ordered. Would recommend to ye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lotus Womens Slippers, 14 Dec 2012
Very nice slippers, warm and cosy with a sensible sole. Very comfortable. Feel a little 'grandma' in them but there again I am a grandma!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 Dec 2013
Mum is warm, comfy and safe going up and down stairs. The replacement took a little while because a refund was issued first - only a slight glitch...

5.0 out of 5 stars pink lotus slippers, 8 Mar 2013
very pleased with these slippers. look good, feel comfy, nice solid sole. Worth the ten pound i paid. Nice colour too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great slippers, 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: Lotus Womens Celia Slippers (Apparel)
love these slippers i wear them with turn ups up so they look like boots and keep my feet really warm so practical with good soles so can pop outside to hang washing out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feet Warmers, 1 Jan 2011
Alex Malcolm "Alex M." (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
Bought them for my wife as part of her Christmas.She tells me that they keep her feet "snug & warm" and she reckons that she could easily "get away" with walking outside with them on as they are faily robust. Bottom line? My wife's happy with them, say no more!

ARRAY(0xb3dff0fc)